Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banned from pub for being Albion fan

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We experienced a bizarre incident in their on Saturday. There were 4 of us who met at 1 to catch some of the Leeds game. Halfway into our second pint a woman asked us to move from the table as "we've got dogs and kids and want to eat and you're only drinking"
She was quite adamant for about 2 or 3 minutes that we should move for her.
I was more shocked than anything that someone could be so rude.

Went in the Piano and Pitcher near East Street on Saturday lunchtime. Pretty much an empty bar, three of us got a first drink and proceeded to chat at said longish bar. We were then requested to move away from the bar as it was a 'service area', WTF? :shrug:

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I let her know how rude I thought she was. Justice was swift however as when we were getting up to leave a group who had just arrived asked if they could take our table. As we were leaving the rude woman was walking around like a woman possessed clutching a menu looking for a table. Some 25 minutes after asking for our table!
Haha, good for you mate. Some people eh?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
I really wouldn't worry about it, it was me and I don't really care, the staff there are very nice BTW, not really worth the bother. Mgr obvs not an Albion fan maybe and loads of other Albion fans thought the same that night and put it on social media, I just got unfairly singled out. But move along, nothing to see here, plenty of nice pubs in the vicinity to watch Albion if needed, I'd recommend the Windmill, v nice pub. ;)

Ok understood,

But why did you punch the goat?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Chances are this'll just be the continuation of a long standing NSC tradition.

It'll turn out the ban was for murdering 2 people, robbing them at knife point and punching a goat...

...while wearing an Albion top.

Is the goat alright?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
only kidding...:cheers:

It's not something to joke about! You've really got my .......... goat.

It's all the fault of the nanny state. I'm really cheesed off with it all.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
In days gone by you couldnt serve food in a pub that permitted dogs in the bar at the same time, It was usually enforced the other way around dogs were not permitted in bars where food was served.

This is still the case in many pubs. Depends on size and lay out i guess. Dogs are welcome in ours, but only in the lounge areas, never the restaurant area.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Chances are this'll just be the continuation of a long standing NSC tradition.

It'll turn out the ban was for murdering 2 people, robbing them at knife point and punching a goat...

...while wearing an Albion top.

Or just being an arse to staff?

I never tell anyone why I've barred them.

Because I don't have to :thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Blimey, you townies seem to have a lot of rules about who/what is allowed in your pubs :smile:
It's MUCH more relaxed out here in the sticks.

SUFFOLK !!! Yes they are more relaxed about a lot of things over there.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I got banned from a chip shop called George and Ann's at the bottom of Coombe Road when I asked the two Chinese people behind the counter which one was George.
I was a bit drunk and didn't mean it as a racist comment or anything, more like black humour and I don't mean that as a racist comment either.
It was obviously wasted and I went home hungry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here