Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Carlsberg Did Donor Cards

Gary Hart's Stalker

Jul 17, 2013
Gary Hart's Bush
Would love a Brighton version of this flag!

FB_IMG_1474969227494.jpg

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
As Stephen Fry once famously said, 'It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so f*cking what.'

Really ? As someone who is on the transplant list I think it's quite offensive. If you think which team you support is more important than life or death then you really need a reality check.

But if you weren't, would you find it funny?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
As Stephen Fry once famously said, 'It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so f*cking what.'

Stephen Fry is as capable as any of us of being pig ignorant and insensitive - Sometimes it is all about the context.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Maybe you could substitute the word offended with upset? As CheeseRolls said, it is about context.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

He's undeniably a very intelligent chap, doesn't mean he's always in the right though does it?

It's a careful balance, as with all things, if you make a slightly off-colour joke that offends one person out of many then it could be easily written off as a difference of opinion, if you were to instead sit in a pub wearing a shirt mocking Hillsborough (to use a modern example) then you'd be being an insensitive pigheaded tit and you should be pulled up on it.

'Has no reason to be respected as a phrase' = depends on context

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think, regardless of how funny someone else finds it, if someone is offended by it the best course of action is to say "I'm sorry if I offended you", isn't it?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Offended? So what.....Steve Hughes

Was thinking of that exact clip and was going to dig it out
[MENTION=2695]Tricky Dicky[/MENTION]

I guess for me the flag is actually more likely to do good than any harm. It isn't mocking people who require a donor and instead is more likely to actually raise awareness whilst also having a dig at Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here