Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] David Stockdale

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wow, you don't think that 24 year old Martin Kelly. Who two years ago was in the England squad alongside Hughes wouldn't be an improvement. I do. Kelly is premier league class with the added bonus of pace. Something our central pairings have always lacked. I'd be thrilled to get him on loan for a year. Hughes has played more recently and more games in the premier league. The only thing they would need is time playing together.

I don't think we'll be lucky enough to get kelly though.

No as I think CB is a more key position than RB & I think Hughes won't be as strong as Upson plus as I said others lacked confidence when no Upson..

I never said Kelly wouldn't be an improvement either - think about it.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If we get Stockdale, Kelly and Ward, together with Toko and/or Ince in DM, we'll have a STRONGER defence than last year.

Don't disagree with this. But what we need is a stronger attack than last year. ATM we got CMS, O'Grady(who could turn out to be turd) and a kid. We are not going to mount a play off charge with that....We need a big signing up front.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Where did you hear that? Oscar left because of the lack of investment in the playing side as did Poyet the year before.

Not true

He had a list which is the only input he put into the recruitment side. Once that list was exhausted due to players being unavailable or too expensive he wanted no further involvement

Burke was left clutching at straws trying to get players when the only instruction he received from Oscar was quick technical players.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
No as I think CB is a more key position than RB & I think Hughes won't be as strong as Upson plus as I said others lacked confidence when no Upson..

I never said Kelly wouldn't be an improvement either - think about it.

Kelly = centre back. That's where we would play him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Kelly = centre back. That's where we would play him.

Ok Sammi. Could've sworn he played many games at RB for Lpool & LB for Hudds but you've told us where he's playing now :lol:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The scheduled line-up Magath will bring to Jacksonville is as follows:

Goalkeepers

Marcus Bettinelli
Jesse Joronen

For some reason fulham are only playing 1 match in the States and taking a relatively young squad of only 16 players.
Wouldn't necessarily read too much into it. Plenty of the squad have been left behind. They have further pre-season matches next week in Europe.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Haha this thread again . Another day with the stockdale and ward threads being commented on as we got nothing else to feed on .

Thursday !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here