Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge retires

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
He's done them a favour now though. The Ruskie has done one and they are back with Sir John Madjeski who is getting poorer and less willing to put cash in. They're already paying Drenthe a fortune for next to nothing.

He only had a one year deal, so was out of contract anyway

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They're already paying Drenthe a fortune for next to nothing.

Well, ninety minutes spent diving shamefully at the Amex, combined with a rare goal.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Class act for us but i think we definately did very good business letting Reading sign him on massive wages and then not even get to use him much lol, this makes bridge even better in my eyes as they would have had the money spent on bridge to strenthen in other positions, so helped us in end and ward has been exceptional, i think personally nearly as good as bridge was for us and scored more goals for us.
So not missed bridge as much as thought would at beginning of season, but shame bridge had to retire as a class player

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Wayne Bridge has retired, he plans to spend more time with his wife, and John Terry's kids!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You don't think it's plausible that somebody thinks Nigel Adkins is a **** then?

I agree with [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] - he's earning a fortune for playing football. However little we think of Adkins, he's being paid £100,000 a MONTH to stomach him.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Chhers Wayne thanks for the great season. Always remember the chase after the seemingly-lost ball before cutting it back to Orlandi, marvellous stuff from a player who many said before the season had lost his passion for the game. Top player imo and best of luck :thumbsup:

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Pleasure to watch you play for us Wayne, the run you made to set up Orlandi for the first goal against Newcastle is etched in the memory.
Good luck for the future

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think that he slightly edges it as our best left back ever over Jimmy Langley and to make up the top 3 Stephen Ward.

Not sure us old buggers would consider him as good as Jim Langley. But yes he did us proud, and was sorry to lose him to Reading.....the sweet taste of revenge :thumbsup:

I placed him just ahead of Jimmy Langley based on the division they each played in but it is a very close run choice.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I placed him just ahead of Jimmy Langley based on the division they each played in but it is a very close run choice.

No problem, all a matter of choice I suppose. Not sure the division mattered much, Fulham thought he was good enough for the First Div and Walter Winterbottom the same for England. But most of all I guess as a young teenager he was my hero :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here