Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many players live locally?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Glenn Murray was training at our local gym this morning.

I didn't realise that pro footballers sometimes used local facilities, mixing with us commoners.

The cocky so and so didn't even break into a sweat.

Nothing changes then. One of the reasons that Gus allegedly fell out with him, was because he wouldn't train as much, or as often, as the others in the squad.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Nothing changes then. One of the reasons that Gus allegedly fell out with him, was because he wouldn't train as much, or as often, as the others in the squad.

I read [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION]s comment as GM being so fit he didn't break into a sweat rather than a lack of effort and application in his gym session. I may be wrong though.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Don't think that was the intention of [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] however, I once heard a story about Gus getting so irate at his lack of effort in training he brought a chair during a five-a-side game, stuck it in the middle of the pitch, and told him that he may as well sit there when his team didn't have the ball.

One would presume that with his rise through the leagues, that attitude has dramatically changed.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I read [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION]s comment as GM being so fit he didn't break into a sweat rather than a lack of effort and application in his gym session. I may be wrong though.

That's how I read it - you don't have to break into a sweat if you're fit.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Do you need a lesson about why we sweat and why it is so important to regulate the temperature of the body?

What is a cold sweat?

Not at all - I am aware of how the body responds to exercise and an increased temperature.

I am referring to excessive sweating which can be experienced by those who are not particularly fit of which I wouldn't classify Glenn Murray which is why I wouldn't expect him to "break into a sweat".

Lesson over.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Ahhh reading it again you could well be right. He was awful when it came to training in the old days though!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Don't think that was the intention of [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] however, I once heard a story about Gus getting so irate at his lack of effort in training he brought a chair during a five-a-side game, stuck it in the middle of the pitch, and told him that he may as well sit there when his team didn't have the ball.

One would presume that with his rise through the leagues, that attitude has dramatically changed.

Yep, in the bad old days he would never track back, or chase anyone if they had the ball either, which is one of his best attributes now.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Third worst - YOU are clearly forgetting Ashley Neal (I wish I could)

Oh yes, the defensive master class that was Ashley Neal. Played a grand total of twelve games in his long career, and is now a driving instructor on Merseyside l see.

Christ we had some crap players that season didn't we?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here