Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

reading lol very tinpot

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Tinpot or not, they have twice as many Twitter followers than @Officialbhafc - how have they managed that?

Because Twitter is Tinpot - for people who can't write properly.
No particular problem with Reading here, though.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
On 'Hob Nob, Anyone?' they describe us as having a "hate boner" for them.
It seems that, other than palace, they are the most consistently talked-about team on here and the vast majority describing them as tinpot.

They may have a point.

Hate boner :lolol::lolol:

Brighton v Reading

The irrelevant fixture in the PL

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I really do think that this is a very dangerous attitude to take, I have been immensely impressed with what Staam has done in the short time he has been at Reading. I imagine they would spend at least as much as us next season and maybe considerably more now they have new rich owners. Posts like this could quite easily come back to haunt us next season and it seems to be the general consensus that we already have the six points in the bag if they go up. Ignoring we got away with a draw and got beaten in a cup by them out of three games this season.

Stam has done a great job, and if they join us it'll be a difficult game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Don't really care if they're tinpot or not. To have them win the playoffs is a better outcome than another northern team succeeding.....also it's in keeping with my prediction of playing them boxing day:ascarf:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
This complete obsession with Reading on NSC is embarrassing. On top of that people seem oblivious to the fact that they've won bigger trophies than we ever have...

Agreed......We sound very tinpot calling other clubs tinpot!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The worst expression of the 21st century is " tin pot ". I hate it ! Also " bottlers " and BHAFC are both according to most football sites

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
There's a few things about us that could be described as "tin pot" as there are about most clubs who are not amongst what are accepted as the elite 7 / 8 English league clubs. The thing I find excrutionally embarrassing for Reading fans is how posters on their forum substitute expletives with "Oxford" or is this their forum changing the word as ours does when the phrase Mike Dean is written?

theroyal

May 11, 2014
There's a few things about us that could be described as "tin pot" as there are about most clubs who are not amongst what are accepted as the elite 7 / 8 English league clubs. The thing I find excrutionally embarrassing for Reading fans is how posters on their forum substitute expletives with "Oxford" or is this their forum changing the word as ours does when the phrase Mike Dean is written?

That's right, basically any swear word is automatically filtered with "Oxf*rd"

Although we haven't played them for about 13 years...

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It's just a bit of banter but some get so precious about it as though we are being all superior. I called Reading tinpot when we were at Withdean and they had their mahoosive stadium and were playing in the Premiership ( as I believe it was then). If you ever saw them play at Elm Park you'd know why they are thought of as tinpot by some of us, even now.

Anyway Tinpot suits them, like Massive suits Wednesday and Mighty or Dirty (old school) suits Leeds :shrug:

Completely agree. Whenever I see or hear the word "tinpot" in relation to football, I instantly think Reading and no other club.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Just got in from a book launch which, from past experience, always has a bountiful amount of booze, and this time no different... but think I must've over indulged as I am dreaming that I've just seen a crazy animated video...

Well, I think that has absolutely guaranteed that they will crash and burn at Wembley. Or indeed, "bottle it" as I believe it is irritatingly called when anyone doesn't win for any reason. Anyway, that video WAS actually tinpot and hilarious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here