Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket upgrades next season

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Is the upgrade clause applicable to all age bands including over 65? The price diff between over 65 and adult is far less than U10.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I think that would be draconian given evening games, schoolnights, holidays etc. They already have a policy of 6 upgrades which works well for many (but not all) and isn't changing afaik.
I think what really concerns them is the outlier cases; seats where the child attends only a few games a season which is what this clause is , i assume, designed to address.
Even then it talks about relocation or investigating. Seems fair enough although it looks quite stark as a clause in Ts and Cs. There must be a very good reason why you buy a kids season ticket and they miss 16 or 17 games a season. (ie: the 25%)
Why are they so concerned about no show season tickets only in the family stand and write a new clause to control this,if it's not for controlling abuse of the child's ticket. What are the plans for all the no shows of kids in all other parts of the ground, including the many no shows in the 1901 areas?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Ho Ho. Ho.
I'll tell this hilarious story to my son when we go on the free coach trip to Norwich, eating our free drink/pie and the other lads we sit near who wear their free shirts from the club for being young season ticket holders, signed by players at the free open training and signing sessions, or via the biggest free christmas party in the city attended by players and all and sundry, the several who have been picked out to be free mascots for the day, and my other son now older and benefitting from the u21 concession bar introduced a few years ago and the hundreds of kids from my local village club who've benefitted from huge discount prices to attend the 3 matches that i've organised to the shelf in the last 2 years and perhaps we could forward it on to the EFL who'd be interested i'm sure in your detailed personal testimonial given that they've nominated the club to be Family club of the year (out of 72) yet again. http://www.efl.com/news/article/2016/efl-awards-2017-shortlists-revealed-3645548.aspx
Well said and I'm glad you have had such a positive experience over the past few years. I have shared in most of the same, enjoyed most of it enormously and had decent value for money - I am grateful that I can afford to have STs at The Amex and enjoy the benefits described. Nothing has, however, been provided "free". The club has income from fans in excess of £10m per year - it has allocated a tiny percentage of this income to schemes designed to attract and retain new STHs.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You've completely misunderstood the clause.

They only require that you ATTEND a minimum of 25% - not that you don't miss more than 25%.

If that is the case, then I have misunderstood clause by a country mile, I'm not even in the same county let alone ball park. I honestly thought that if you missed 25% of the games, then your ticket could revert back to the club. Well, that is a different slant on it...

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
You've completely misunderstood the clause.

They only require that you ATTEND a minimum of 25% - not that you don't miss more than 25%.

This decision will be made after the first ten games, so miss the first three home games and you could have your ticket canceled.

3.6 The Club reserves the right to cancel or relocate Family Stand season ticket holders, in the event the associated junior/concession season ticket is used for less than 25% of the home league matches, this will be assessed after ten home league matches have been played

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This decision will be made after the first ten games, so miss the first three home games and you could have your ticket canceled.

3.6 The Club reserves the right to cancel or relocate Family Stand season ticket holders, in the event the associated junior/concession season ticket is used for less than 25% of the home league matches, this will be assessed after ten home league matches have been played

You've also read it completely wrong. You'd have to miss SEVEN of the first ten, not three.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
If that is the case, then I have misunderstood clause by a country mile, I'm not even in the same county let alone ball park. I honestly thought that if you missed 25% of the games, then your ticket could revert back to the club. Well, that is a different slant on it...

Just don't miss 25% in the first ten games or your ticket is at risk. That's the way I read it.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well said and I'm glad you have had such a positive experience over the past few years. I have shared in most of the same, enjoyed most of it enormously and had decent value for money - I am grateful that I can afford to have STs at The Amex and enjoy the benefits described. Nothing has, however, been provided "free". The club has income from fans in excess of £10m per year - it has allocated a tiny percentage of this income to schemes designed to attract and retain new STHs.

Not sure I can agree with this. Half season ticket offers, ST holders bringing mates for £10 each, various other ticket offers for non season ticket holders, we've sold out STs, and having a growing waiting list you have to pay to get on. The biggest reason is success on the pitch, that is hopefully where most of the £10m is going. I can have a gripe about some specifics, but blimey, things like the £10 for mates offers and such have been great. I think the club has worked very hard to attract new supporters and vary its offer. The school shelf, kids parties etc. There is a lot goes on.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You've also read it completely wrong. You'd have to miss SEVEN of the first ten, not three.

I'm going to have to ditch the full size cardboard cutout of my son I had made that I was going to get through the turnstiles to make it look like he was there for 75% of the games. Shame, the cardboard cutout has been much better behaved.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Oh of course how silly of me, everyone who can buy a season ticket should also be able to afford buy one of those.

But surely we should then also be fair to people who can't afford a season ticket but then can't get to games that have loads of empty seats because people are holding on to them for friends and family?

I appreciate the fact people will see this as being against kids but it is purely a case of giving them the right to do it and I doubt it will be used in large quantities. It gives the club the legal right to cancel the season ticket if they believe it has been incorrectly used. I wouldn't be surprised if there were two adults that purchased an adult and U10 in the family stand because it's cheaper and then either upgrade it when they go or just hope they don;t get caught.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But surely we should then also be fair to people who can't afford a season ticket but then can't get to games that have loads of empty seats because people are holding on to them for friends and family?

I appreciate the fact people will see this as being against kids but it is purely a case of giving them the right to do it and I doubt it will be used in large quantities. It gives the club the legal right to cancel the season ticket if they believe it has been incorrectly used. I wouldn't be surprised if there were two adults that purchased an adult and U10 in the family stand because it's cheaper and then either upgrade it when they go or just hope they don;t get caught.

Think you might have hit the nail on the head there.............hence the controls the club are putting in place

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

You'd have to miss EIGHT actually.

If you miss 7, you've attended 3 therefore 30% of games. No problem.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

It is only £20 per season more expensive to do the same thing in Zone A . So will the clause be extended here next?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Not sure I can agree with this. Half season ticket offers, ST holders bringing mates for £10 each, various other ticket offers for non season ticket holders, we've sold out STs, and having a growing waiting list you have to pay to get on. The biggest reason is success on the pitch, that is hopefully where most of the £10m is going. I can have a gripe about some specifics, but blimey, things like the £10 for mates offers and such have been great. I think the club has worked very hard to attract new supporters and vary its offer. The school shelf, kids parties etc. There is a lot goes on.

And don't forget the concession rates themselves - sure there is a commercial argument to justify discounts for young supporters because they are the adult supporters of the future. Why though do I get a cheap ticket just because I'm over 65.

It can't even be argued that it is because in the past 'senior' supporters have paid full price and the concession is some sort of reward. True in my case but a brand new supporter over 65 pays the same price. I'm sure there are plenty on the waiting list who would be willing to pay full price for my seat, (as would I).

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And don't forget the concession rates themselves - sure there is a commercial argument to justify discounts for young supporters because they are the adult supporters of the future. Why though do I get a cheap ticket just because I'm over 65.

It can't even be argued that it is because in the past 'senior' supporters have paid full price and the concession is some sort of reward. True in my case but a brand new supporter over 65 pays the same price. I'm sure there are plenty on the waiting list who would be willing to pay full price for my seat, (as would I).

This concession should be mirrored with the free shirt at 7 years old, you should get a free shirt at 70 too!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Your concession isn't about attracting you, nor is it considered a 'reward'. It is based (historically) on your perceived level of disposable income - just as the previously widespread 'UB40 rates'.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I haven't read this thread and forgive me if this is obvious, but when (if any) will season tickets be available to those on the waiting list for next season? Thanks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here