Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tory - The caring conservatives

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Perhaps you may not have realised this happened under Labour - doh!!!!

if you had bothered to read his post he was talking about labour
please keep up
Doh!!!!

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
the way you make benefits not support those who do not need them is to place
them into the context of a progressive tax system.Personally I am all for a universal
citizens wage and a more progressive tax system.That means cuts to employers and
employees national insurance ideally removing job taxes altogether yet increasing
income tax particularly for very large incomes and introducing a land value tax.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It's not always obvious and not always the case but yes, you're right, it does tend to be so; after all, the heart of left wing philosophy is concern for others whereas tory ideology is driven by the self.

What simplistic rubbish. Surely you don't really believe that life is that simple. You need to have a word with Mrs Abbott about schooling - she had plenty of concern for others going to that nice comprehensive down the road, but as for her little darling, well, it wasn't quite good enough, afterall there might have been working class children there who don't speak nicely.I would suggest that this was "driven by the self" . .
It is human nature to think of number 1, and never more so when the chips are down, and this transcends political lines, though I do understand that folk do like to use the relative anonymity of the Internet to try and make themselves look good. That too is human nature, I suppose.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Good to see that Alan B'Stard is alive and well. What's today's equivalent of the "Hang Nelson Mandela" t-shirt?

Lol yes. I remember his fund raising Campaign for Amazon safe housing. Preferring a cheque payable to CASH for short.

And his defection to new labour because he realised he could "make more money being a labour MP" when Uncle Tone and Gord were in power.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We had 5 years of relative fairness and steadily increasing prosperity under the coalition, but the electorate were still happy to crucify the Lib Dems.

Now those same people are up in arms about massive welfare cuts in April 2016 and proposed cuts to pensioner benefits. Well what the hell did you expect?

The thing that annoys me the most about these cuts, and other stuff like the introduction of the 7 1/2% dividend tax is that none of it was in their manifesto. They have wilfully misled the electorate about their economic plans, that 2015 election campaign was a sham.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Congratulations, in your childlike desperation to oppose everything I post, you have delivered the most incoherent, rambling, nonsensical drivel yet. And that's saying something with your post history :)
Rather than trade insults which you thrive on, I do not "oppose everything " you post on. I do not agree with a lot you post and the porkies you tell, and you seem to get yourself in a right state if your view is challenged, which as I have stated results in you turning to insults. Never mind.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We had 5 years of relative fairness and steadily increasing prosperity under the coalition, but the electorate were still happy to crucify the Lib Dems.

Now those same people are up in arms about massive welfare cuts in April 2016 and proposed cuts to pensioner benefits. Well what the hell did you expect?

The thing that annoys me the most about these cuts, and other stuff like the introduction of the 7 1/2% dividend tax is that none of it was in their manifesto. They have wilfully misled the electorate about their economic plans, that 2015 election campaign was a sham.

This.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I think we'll have to agree to disagree. Suffice to say, in my opinion, that's a load of old scollobs.

Fair enough, and I totally understand your response, it would come so to you naturally......:)

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Revolting people. I don't think people realise just how much our pensioners rely on things like free bus travel. Again, Tory voters, hang your heads in shame, hang your heads.

You must hate living in a democratic country. Soon even the unions will have to be run in a democratic way.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

This.
In fairness the electorate do tend to fall for it every time, it's not exactly news that the manifesto goes out of the window once the election is over.

Genuine question. Do you think there were really five years of steadily increasing prosperity?
Prosperity isn't the word I would use.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let's get the Northern power house working and we can all have a better retirement money don't grow on trees.

I heard he plans to make Sheffield the second northern power house. Which is the first?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here