Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Largest crowd this season V Cardiff?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
My first match was Palace 27/12/80, I'm pretty sure a few were locked out that day..

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I still know regular fans in the seventies that have not been to the Amex on a matchday. They still follow the Albion on the radio and watch the TV games.

Mainly, laziness and not knowing how to use a computer. Ingrained in the olden way of paying at the turnstiles. This applied to me at Withdean for most of the time. I knew about the computer but rarely bothered with the rigmarole.

The only time I thought I might not get in at the Goldstone was in 71 vs Rochdale arriving an hour before KO. Thousands were locked out, I could see the queue to Sackville Road four abreast after the game started.

For your bonus quiz question, what was the first match there was an audio playback at the Goldstone? (I think I remember the amswer.)

Jan 30, 2008
looks like the clubs recent ticket promotions have had the desired effect.

West and north unusually full with mainly single available. Club have already opened s1f for home fans which i think is a first this season.

Hoping we can put on another great performance for the newbies
newbies :whistle:
regards
DR

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How to get the oldies in who went to the Goldstone but have never been to the Amex?

East Lower F has over a hundred empty seats.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
How to get the oldies in who went to the Goldstone but have never been to the Amex?

East Lower F has over a hundred empty seats.

We could block the toilets so there is a sea of piss on the floor and organise a fight at half time?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
One of my very first games and was nicely settled into the North Stand by 1.00 (where do I go for a pee?) Even today it ranks as the most memorable of all the games (Ex play offs) I've been to.

Am I right in thinking if we'd beaten B'pool by 7 then it didn't matter what Stains - Spurs did? I recall thinking that 7 was going to be needed and had real (teenage) confidence that we would do it :)
No, if I remember rightly, if Brighton won which they did, if either Spurs or Saints won Brighton would have been promoted. It finished a suspicious 0-0 despite rumours in the crowd during the game saying someone had scored.

Not been massively motivated to bore you all with the number of seats left this season as there have clearly been masses, but this one is different, so here goes....

North = 138 (just 7 pairs remain)
WSL = 479 (majority are available the southern end)
WSU = 343
South = 237 (SW corner has less than 50. Currently half of S1F is available. In theory, it would be possible to open up the other half of S14 and all of S1E. This would still leave half a block segregation and allow for 1500 visitors in S1A, S1B, S1C and half of S1D. This would mean another 900 + could be made available here. We won't need it and nor will Cardiff. Best option is we get all of S1F, they have all of S1D and whole of S1E is sterile. On the other side, half of E1H is sterile as has been for this season. On a side note, for massive crowds (Arsenal) segregation has been a few rows and not half a block)
ESL = 269
ESU = 584 (is it usually this many?)

So, 2050 currently available. Don't know if school shelf will be used and how much. Potential for another 1500 (leaving half blocks sterile) and over 2000 more if we needed it by having less than half blocks sterile.

Sadly, with all the offers now expired, I guess most who were going to buy a ticket for this one will have by now.

But with the weather looking nice, we could get a few last minuters!

I think this gate will just nudge over 27,000

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Has anybody on NSC been locked out of the Goldstone on a match day.!

Yep. When Pompey turned up with numbers in the late 80's and the cowards at Sussex Police chose to allow the shirt wearing Hampshire knobs into the north stand and turn us away in our hundreds. Were more than a few scuffles.....

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I never had the misfortune to be locked out completely. Blackpool in 1978 the North Stand was full by 1.30pm and we had to leg it round the East. That day there were reportedly 25,000 who didn't get in.

I was there that day, and the reported numbers are utter balderdash.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
No, if I remember rightly, if Brighton won which they did, if either Spurs or Saints won Brighton would have been promoted. It finished a suspicious 0-0 despite rumours in the crowd during the game saying someone had scored.

The 0-0 was nailed on .. just seem to remember we missed out on GD .. maybe just my romantic musings

Defo we didn't go up, although we had more points than Derby had when promoted as Champions prev season ... or is that more senile thoughts?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I've said it many time already this season,we are top of the league & we are struggling to match the attendances for games from last season when we were nearly bottom of the league.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I've said it many time already this season,we are top of the league & we are struggling to match the attendances for games from last season when we were nearly bottom of the league.

We are not matching tickets SOLD for last year. I'd estimate that the actual attendances are as high as they were in the 12/13 season.

Feb 14, 2010

That's Brighton. People turn up because they turn up, we are not like palace who need a top flight team. BHA are an institution for Sussex. 25,000 to 30,000 turned up for 4 years or so, 5000 have dropped off as we have not progressed. No surprise, people have had enough of jam tomorrow. The players have to produce. But just compare us to other clubs, we are in the Championship and getting mid 20,000's. Not many in the country can compete with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here