Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gin drinkers

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Good tip, I'll try that next time.

What gin do you recommend?

Depends on your taste . I do like Gin Mare, the infusions tend to be more savoury , again nice with cucumber.

The one I’m into at the moment is Wicked Wolf .

You’ll have to buy it online , it’s an Exmoor Gin . Real punch to the flavour .

Pinkster is another I like , with raspberry’s and mint leaves in the glass.

Lots to try and enjoy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Just going back to Lemon slices , I started drinking gin with Lemon .

But on numerous distillery tours it’s frowned upon as it allegedly kills the botanicals

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don’t tend to drink gin and tonic much these days but I adore a gin martini, with an olive.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I don’t tend to drink gin and tonic much these days but I adore a gin martini, with an olive.

Great combo , I got to the point though when I was pouring half a jar of olives in to it !

The salty olive balanced with the gin martini is a beauty . Not had one in a while .,

Salivating just thinking about it !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Depends on your taste . I do like Gin Mare, the infusions tend to be more savoury , again nice with cucumber.

The one I’m into at the moment is Wicked Wolf .

You’ll have to buy it online , it’s an Exmoor Gin . Real punch to the flavour .

Pinkster is another I like , with raspberry’s and mint leaves in the glass.

Lots to try and enjoy .

Thanks. Lots of liquor to consume in the months ahead!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sloe Gin anybody?
Never had it, nice colour though.

I'm off to Benidorm soon for a staggy, recently found out that The Spanish make a fine Gin, so I will give it a try, I like the measures they give as well.
This Spanish bad boy is awesome.
b840c4e336356a0be242b65b2d2252c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great combo , I got to the point though when I was pouring half a jar of olives in to it !

The salty olive balanced with the gin martini is a beauty . Not had one in a while .,

Salivating just thinking about it !

Mrs Choppers favourite.
Above the Plymouth Gin Distillery is a great cocktail bar, the Martini is a thing of beauty (yes I like it too) she is in there tomorrow night for a friends birthday filling her boots.

:thumbsup:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Huge fan of Wicked Wolf from Exmoor - http://www.wickedwolfgin.com/

Served with a sprig of fresh thyme rather than cucumber of lemon. A stunner if you can get your hand son it.

View attachment 95550

Just re reading the thread from the beginning.

This is my current favourite. Was in Exmoor last week , and can say the bottle didn’t last long .

I also spend quite a bit of time in Southwold where the Adnams brewery & distillery is based . Their Copper House is excellent and now available in super markets .

But they also do a premium one called First Rate which is only available from their website / kitchen and cellar outlets .

They also do one called Rising sun which is infused with lemongrass & matcha tea .

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Did not like to Ophir,open at he moment include Gordon's, Bombay Sapphire and a Williams, and then there is my home made sloe gin.

Have an intersting Whitney Neil Rhubard and Ginger, Tanqueryay Rangpur with Limes and a Cucumber gin to try.

Out last evening and had a Botanist Gin that was very nice, we will be sourcing a bottle of that.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Has anyone tried this?

I keep seeing it on the shelf and am tempted to buy it but never seem to get around to it.

king-of-soho-gin-70cl-in-gift-box.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone else thinking they’d like a night out with [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION]? :smile:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What gin do you recommend?

Try the Nordes .... guarantee (note the small 'g') you won't be disappointed.

Seemingly the con-a-sirs (sp!) way of drinking is with a sprig of mint or a cut grape, but it is so flavourful I drink it with just tonic. Might even give it a bash neat if I get brave enough!!

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Has anyone tried this?

I keep seeing it on the shelf and am tempted to buy it but never seem to get around to it.

View attachment 97520

I’ve got a bottle and It’s okay. An adequate and classic London dry really. Certainly not my favourite but I don’t turn my nose up at it. I would say a slightly better version of Gordon’s. Garnish with lemon.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Huge fan of Wicked Wolf from Exmoor - http://www.wickedwolfgin.com/

Served with a sprig of fresh thyme rather than cucumber of lemon. A stunner if you can get your hand son it.

View attachment 95550

Got a bottle of this for Xmas, after sampling it in a hotel in Barnstaple last summer - really really nice.

went on a little drinking session yesterday afternoon and sampled a few new ones:

Silent Pool is very nice - although the pub I was in served it with dried rose petals in the glass, which just got in the way.

Opihr - not a new one for me by a long way - but I do love the botanicals in it.

Brighton Gin - nice, but the pub served it in too small a glass, with too little ice etc.

Can't remember the others sadly.

Can't remember the others sadly.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Anyone else thinking they’d like a night out with [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION]? :smile:

[emoji1]

Sadly, I’ve only a bottle of Gordon’s in stock at the moment so would be massive let down ! [emoji3]

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
What troubles me is that Gin is quick and inexpensive to make (compared to Malt Whisky say) and that it only retails at £40-ish because people are prepared to pay/believing of the value.

That said it is not hard to make yourself - you can buy 95% alcohol from Italy (handle with care!) and cold macerate your own botanicals, then dilute to potable ABV.

My choice for everyday gin, and not been mentioned yet on this thread is Beefeater, made in London and redistilling is overseen by doyen of the craft Desmond Payne - it's really bloody good and knocks G*****'s into a cocked hat all day long IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here