Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thomas Delaney

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's a strange logic. You seem to suggest you are only interested in finding out whether he would have been a great buy once news comes in that he won't be our player.

And why not read the thread instead of asking after the horse has bolted?[/QUOT

I have never really considered that he was on our radar despite posts on here, so have not taken much interest in him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wait a full 12 months and within the hour of a reported move to Borussia Dortmund would seem to be the ideal time to take an interest in him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
€27 million. Yes, he's ok.

Wait a full 12 months and within the hour of a reported move to Borussia Dortmund would seem to be the ideal time to take an interest in him.

Not an interest as such in him but just asking the question at that price or thereabout would we have been really interested in him. I am not so sure we would have been.

Are we at the level of paying for players yet?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Not an interest as such in him but just asking the question at that price or thereabout would we have been really interested in him. I am not so sure we would have been.

We were interested in him yes, and have submitted bids this window and last summer. I would think the attraction of Dortmund far outweighed any problem we had with the fee.

Yes he would have improved the squad and first team considerably. Yes he's better than Rohan Ince and Steve Sidwell.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I’ve watched WB a few times last season .

He’s ok , but nothing to cream your load over .

Couldn’t really see what he offered that’s different to Stephens/Propper.

Another deep lying MF , actually think DP is technically a better player personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Indeed we are at the level of paying for players. We have even paid for some over the last 2 or 3 seasons

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If only profit making Albion could receive another £100+m.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I’ve watched WB a few times last season .

He’s ok , but nothing to cream your load over .

Couldn’t really see what he offered that’s different to Stephens/Propper.

Another deep lying MF , actually think DP is technically a better player personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the point Stephens and Proppers work is often missed I suspect Delenys work is similar

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The point I was trying to make is the transfer fee is often the less expensive part of the deal.. Buy a player for 5 mil, but offer him a 50k a week contract for 5 years, you spend an extra 13 mil on wages (or 2.6 mil per year).. Therefore the budget always should include both wages and price..

...and in the case of the Albion it does include both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here