Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA force FC United to switch kick off time and INCREASE admission prices

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
FCUM are as bad as AFC Wimbledon , they should get over themselves, I'm EXPECTING a POEM from Atillia any moment about this SITUATION just to make it even WORSE

Such as.............

Roses are red
Violets are blue
FCUM are wonderful
AFC Wimbledon are too

Vote Labour, Vote Labour
Drink real ale and savour
The Clash's Greatest hits
The Tories are tits

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
FCUM's aim is to keep prices as low as possible, which is why they charge only £9 to watch a match. I suspect that if admission prices were £10 it would make very little difference, but they've costed out the season, and aim to break even on £9.

Your argument is similar to that of Arsenal in relation to the Bayern Munich match last week. Bayern sold all the tickets at £62, so therefore the price was fair. They could equally have sold tickets for £20, £30, £40 etc and sold out.

Leeds charged us £42 for POTG ten days ago, and fans turned up, so is that price reasonable too?

FCUM's position on TV is unequivocal, fans would prefer to watch matches at 3pm on a Saturday, so the club do all they can to deliver this.

No one at FCUM (and I have to declare an interest here as a co-owner of the club) anticipated the progress that has been made up through the leagues.

There is a world of difference between the FA Cup replay match against the Albion a few seasons ago, which would always have been at 7:45pm on a midweek date, and moving the kickoff from 3pm on a Saturday to 7:45pm on a Monday.

Come to a match at Broadhurst Park and see what the club does? It pays the living wage to staff, has terraces, lots of noise, and everyone enjoys themselves. A club that is 15th in National League North doesn't play the greatest football, but it is an enjoyable day out, at a very fair price, for those who have been disillusioned and disenfranchised by the 'promised land' of 'the best league in the world' ((c) Alan Green, Sky et al).

fair points

i can imagine it was/is a shock how far they have progressed, but isnt that the point of progression? you have to adhere to the times etc, otherwise create your own league and play on Saturday at 3 pm each week?

other teams have to move around

play ball

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
fair points

i can imagine it was/is a shock how far they have progressed, but isnt that the point of progression? you have to adhere to the times etc, otherwise create your own league and play on Saturday at 3 pm each week?

other teams have to move around

play ball

It is a shock indeed!

Other clubs seem happy to whore themselves for the money that the TV coverage brings. FCUM politely declined to take the additional revenue. If they had taken it when the match was initially chosen they would have been (rightfully) accused of hypocrisy.

A season ticket at FCUM costs £100, which works out at less than a fiver a game. The club asks for a donation on top of that if fans can afford more, most do, some don't. To have over 2,000 STH is impressive IMO.

To use GusSpeak, the club is aware that it will hit (and may already have done so) the ceiling in terms of promotion through the league soon due to the nature of it's constitution and ethos.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
oh well, don't show it on tele, take away the tele money, screw em

don't moan about the rules when entering the competition.....they've not been in the news recently, obviously telling people they are still relevant?

In the FCUM statement in the opening post, without quoting the exact words it says Monday night football has been created for TV, Monday is a working day and it's followed by another working day.
The club are saying if a game has to be moved from a Saturday 3PM kick off they would prefer a Friday evening or a Sunday afternoon match.
Seems reasonable to me, some people can finish work early on a Friday and have a day off on Saturday, and Sunday not much happens anyway.

As [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] says, the football club puts fans first, FCUM should be applauded for this.

Football is not a TV show.

Yoda

English & European
What if the whole situation is not what it completely seems?

The FA may have gone to Chesterfield and advised them that FC United didn't agree to the changes. They've responded that they don't agree and want their fair slice of the TV revenue and the FA have gone back to FC United to say no deal and they release this statement making the FA look like the big bullies that they've always made them out to be?

Or is my imagination running too far with that?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Can anyone explain the point of a minimum ticket price?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Can anyone explain the point of a minimum ticket price?

I don't know but I'd guess it's to do with shared gate receipts and making sure the away team isn't shafted.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What if the whole situation is not what it completely seems?

The FA may have gone to Chesterfield and advised them that FC United didn't agree to the changes. They've responded that they don't agree and want their fair slice of the TV revenue and the FA have gone back to FC United to say no deal and they release this statement making the FA look like the big bullies that they've always made them out to be?

Or is my imagination running too far with that?

You could be right, or the FA could have insisted on their rules having no exceptions.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't know but I'd guess it's to do with shared gate receipts and making sure the away team isn't shafted.

No one at the FA probably anticipated a club coming in a figure less than this sum, as they are too busy putting unwanted £15,000 watches into a drawer.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Funny that the FSA are fighting for maximum ticket prices (20sPlenty) and the FA are enforcing minimum prices! You could make it up. Etc.

I had a great time the other night at the Manchester Cup match between FCUM and Glossop North End. The attendance was only 980 and that included about 80 GNE fans, the atmosphere was better than a lot of league matches I've been to with a full range of songs sung by about 70% of the crowd.

ale and lager was served in a glass at £2.80 a pint, pies£2 and curry rice and naan was £3.

A great match finished 2-2 went straight to pens which FC won 5-4.

Their supporters/owners all have diffrent reasons for their support, some are political, union men types, some just want to have a few beers, stand with their mates sing a few songs and not have to shell out £75 each time they do.

They democratically voted to play in the FA Cup aware of its rules, the club ethos is to play at 3pm on Saturday but are already aware this isn't feasible. (GM Police do not allow them to play at home on the same day as when City are at home, although as seen in the we.ek it's ok for Utd and City to play on the same day) they have played numerous times on Fridays and Sundays.
Monday is not part of the weekend.

As stated by others they were aware of the rules when they joined but does that mean they can't speak up? (Nowhere in the rules does it say you can't play a World Cup in the middle of the Desert, or play it in a corrupt country with a history of racism and violence, but the European countries objected to that)

If you ever find yourself in that neck of the woods try and take in a match, you'll be made very welcome, by a group of lads that help out strangers, do a look of good in the community and know how to drink, have a laugh and can sing songs without first gaining permission from a message board

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here