Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Please... someone tell me we aren't 8th

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Another manager 'targets a win' against us and doesn't get it. No doubt some of the Swansea players will come out and say they should be beating teams like us. Were we as patronising to clubs such as Burton or Rotherham? I don't remember that we were.

But even if we were, who cares? Let other teams keep on disrespecting us and with luck and CH's tremendous management we'll keep on taking points from them. Brilliant. Love it.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Pretty Simple really, We have taken points from teams that were predicted to be around us come end of season, When we get months like December ahead, things will look very different.

But the trick to staying up is beating the teams around the bottom of the table. We don't have to beat teams in the top half to stay up (although it would help). Whilst I know we are going to have some difficult spells this season when the harder teams come in a run but as long as we get points during the easier periods we will stay up.

Was not confident at the start of the season. Now I believe but as a long standing Albion fan I know they will make it difficult.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
8th December 1981, we were 6th in the old First Division after a 2-0 win at Southampton.

Correct!

In those day's the 1st division was made up from the best players in the British Isles. The Premier league is made up from the best players in the world and is therefore of a higher quality.

Quite simply - we're watching the greatest squad in Brighton's history.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Correct!

In those day's the 1st division was made up from the best players in the British Isles. The Premier league is made up from the best players in the world and is therefore of a higher quality.

Quite simply - we're watching the greatest squad in Brighton's history.

You bring a great angle to this DataPoint but just to be contrarian for once on this site, I wouldn’t agree. English teams had won the European Cup, now Champions League, in 1976-77, 1977-78, 1978-79, 1979-80, 1980-81 and 1981-82, the year we reached 6th. That run of six consecutive years for one country has never been beaten. I think a legitimate case could be made to say that was a better relative League table result than the one we have now. But hey, what a great place to be, to be able to disagree on this :)

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Closing in on our all time top placing of 6th

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Blimey. I've doubled up on my medication for epilepsy as I was instructed to and I feel pissed and tripping out at the same time with a euphoric feeling!

EIGHTH! Bloody EIGHTH! I still can't believe It! You can have £100 million rated players like Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Paul Pogba in your team but you're nothing without team spirit! I just want this to last and savour every minute of this fantastic season.

Unpopulist

Dec 24, 2016
You’re equal on points with Huddersfield, who many of you seem to still think will get relegated, so don’t get carried away! 😜

Glad to see Town and Brighton doing well in the prem though! Long may it continue.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That must have been a very dodgy stream if Stephens played badly on it, because he was bloody excellent inside the Liberty Stadium :thumbsup:

I shall bow to your superior knowledge but I did watch the 90 on a stream, kudos for being there.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
8th is great, but I'm holding off getting too excited until we've played everyone. So far we've only played 3 teams from the top half of the table and 8 from the bottom.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
They say there are 2 leagues in this division - the top 6 and the rest. We’re only bloody 2nd in the league of the rest ! To say i’m on a high is an understatement !

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They say there are 2 leagues in this division - the top 6 and the rest. We’re only bloody 2nd in the league of the rest ! To say i’m on a high is an understatement !

Perfectly summed up.

7th is the highest we can get, points dropped against Everton & Watford have cost us the top spot but we’ve got two very winnable games left this month to put that right.

In all seriousness though, this season is better than the last two and I didn’t expect that at all. I thought we’d be losing or scraping draws most weeks. The media, pundits and Palace fans were convincing anyone that’d listen that we’d be bottom 3 and Palace would be top 10. Well the roles have been reversed is spectacular fashion.

Brilliant brilliant times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here