Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May's P45

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Eddie Mair on R4 just destroyed Amber Rudd , I don't think there are any candidates who can take over from Maggie May

She's getting herself ready for a move though. Got the endorsement of Ruth Davidson, already doing polling of Tory party members, has a verbal agreement with Sir Nicholas Soames that he''ll stand down in Mid Sussex and be appointed to The Lords and she can move from Hastings & Rye to a safe Tory seat as PM apparently.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I have no love lost for the Tory party who in the space of 2 years have sent the country into paralysis.

But we're stuck with this minority government for the time being and I'd rather keep May in charge for now, the alternatives of Mogg, Johnson, Patel, Davis, Rudd, Leadson etc offer nothing

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
She's getting herself ready for a move though. Got the endorsement of Ruth Davidson, already doing polling of Tory party members, has a verbal agreement with Sir Nicholas Soames that he''ll stand down in Mid Sussex and be appointed to The Lords and she can move from Hastings & Rye to a safe Tory seat as PM apparently.

Just goes to show the depths they're sinking to now. That the only credible candidate they have to take over this ailing mess is someone whose most recent electoral performance saw her piss away a 5,000 vote majority into a few hundred, so now needs a new seat in order to get a chance at the top job that needs a miracle worker if it's going to save the party from oblivion, really says it all.

We've got to the stage now that seemingly everything that can go wrong for the Tories, is going wrong, on a daily basis.

Its gotten so embarrassing that they start to pose a risk just from all the pity votes they might pick up for looking so shamefacedly hopeless, from top to bottom.

What baffles me most though, is that they've seemingly failed to learn a single lesson from the past 18 months and appear intent on continuing down the same path that has delivered them their unenviable status as Europe's laughing stock.

With such a low bar now set all they needed were a few at least half credible policies and a bit of a show of strength and unity. Instead they're awkwardly lifting watered down versions of policies they previously discredited the opposition for and answering every question with an attack on a man and a party they were so adamant not so long ago was never a real threat to them anyway.

Well continually bleating on that "it would be worse with the other guy" didn't work during the referendum and it didn't work in this year's snap election. Why on Earth would it work now? It's just a piss weak excuse to paper over the fact they are utterly bereft of ideas on how to ever engage the under 40s who no longer turn Tory with the passage of time thanks to the fact that traditional concerns over the protection of assets no longer apply because nobody has any assets.

Six months ago crowing right wingers would laugh that Corbyn was doing their party favours by leading Labour into what was supposed to be an electoral rout - their double agent.

Well if you look at things now there's only one party leader handing everything on a plate to the opposition, and she's just been handed a big fat P45.

I absolutely CANNOT WAIT until we're rid of this utter shambles and just hope whatever future party emerges from the ashes of this pisstake makes more of an effort to act as opposition to our future governments of the revitalised left

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I have no love lost for the Tory party who in the space of 2 years have sent the country into paralysis.

But we're stuck with this minority government for the time being and I'd rather keep May in charge for now, the alternatives of Mogg, Johnson, Patel, Davis, Rudd, Leadson etc offer nothing
Box Office Phil is the only decent one amongst the high profile ones.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
No, but the EU is looking in to Amazon and Apples tax payments. Quite often the EU is hotter on dealing with dodgy dealing and customer rip-offs than many of its constituent countries, make the most of the EU wide ban on roaming charges for mobiles, it will be gone when we leave !

I saw the report on the news and that was why I made the comment. You obviously have a lot more faith in the EUs ability to get this done than I do. My guess is that it will still be subject to appeal after we finally leave - whenever that is. And as for Juncker, I confidently expect him to be promoted to chief trough snouter in the near future.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just goes to show the depths they're sinking to now. That the only credible candidate they have to take over this ailing mess is someone whose most recent electoral performance saw her piss away a 5,000 vote majority into a few hundred, so now needs a new seat in order to get a chance at the top job that needs a miracle worker if it's going to save the party from oblivion, really says it all.

We've got to the stage now that seemingly everything that can go wrong for the Tories, is going wrong, on a daily basis.

Its gotten so embarrassing that they start to pose a risk just from all the pity votes they might pick up for looking so shamefacedly hopeless, from top to bottom.

What baffles me most though, is that they've seemingly failed to learn a single lesson from the past 18 months and appear intent on continuing down the same path that has delivered them their unenviable status as Europe's laughing stock.

With such a low bar now set all they needed were a few at least half credible policies and a bit of a show of strength and unity. Instead they're awkwardly lifting watered down versions of policies they previously discredited the opposition for and answering every question with an attack on a man and a party they were so adamant not so long ago was never a real threat to them anyway.

Well continually bleating on that "it would be worse with the other guy" didn't work during the referendum and it didn't work in this year's snap election. Why on Earth would it work now? It's just a piss weak excuse to paper over the fact they are utterly bereft of ideas on how to ever engage the under 40s who no longer turn Tory with the passage of time thanks to the fact that traditional concerns over the protection of assets no longer apply because nobody has any assets.

Six months ago crowing right wingers would laugh that Corbyn was doing their party favours by leading Labour into what was supposed to be an electoral rout - their double agent.

Well if you look at things now there's only one party leader handing everything on a plate to the opposition, and she's just been handed a big fat P45.

I absolutely CANNOT WAIT until we're rid of this utter shambles and just hope whatever future party emerges from the ashes of this pisstake makes more of an effort to act as opposition to our future governments of the revitalised left

Word.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'll take more than words to turn May into Bartlet.

[tweet]915618207343480833[/tweet]

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
But he's not. So, as you were :tosser:
Tell you what mate , i live in Haywards Heath , as it seems you do , i drink in the Burrell , so maybe youd like to give it the large one and personally give me as wnker sign ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here