Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Perhaps schools should take a look at modifying their budget priorities.If the roads in our area were re-surfaced as often as the local Junior school car park at budget year end,we wouldn't need suspension on our cars!

Perhaps they need the spaces, like your punctuation...:wink:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
You know what the problem is, we just don't know how good we really have it in this country compared to others. There are opportunities, there are jobs, if you are able, you just have to get off your arse and stop blaming the government for absolutely everything like the labour party seem to do.

And if you're not able you can starve. We've never had it so good.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The tories are going to tax heavily and abandon tripple lock to pay for their hard Brexit, that wont go down well with middle England.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The tories are going to tax heavily and abandon tripple lock to pay for their hard Brexit, that wont go down well with middle England.

They probably take the view that middle England will still vote Tory - or at least not vote elsewhere. And with such a big poll lead, it's a perfect time to make such a move as there can electoral consequences.

Tony Blair did something similar when he removed Clause 4 and moved the Labour Party rightwards: he reasoned that most of Labour supporters would still vote for the party. May is pursuing the same strategy - pretty smart move IMO

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Still on half-term holibobs?

I'm on a permanent holibob,as I'm retired.What's up,can't he answer for himself?Been sent to do his homework,perhaps?:lolol:

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13

The taxing heavily part is already in play for the self employed, I think you will find if you are a sole trader or using a LTD company it's basically bad news moving forward.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tactical voting to try and keep them out. Whatever happens with Brexit a Tory huge will only create a more divided nation. It was also further increase the risk of break up of the Union

SNP determined who ever is in power at Westminster. Their colossal rise was under Labour's watch 1997 to 2010. Check it out. Zero love by Scots for Blair, Abbott, Corbyn & co based Labour Party. All London centric.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Or less fantastic.

Still very advantageous running your own ltd co.

What is fantastic about it, the government are basically driving the self employed into permanent roles. When I started I got 30K tax free and paid 20% on my dividends, now it's more like 2K tax free and 38% on dividends. Now i'm not an accountant but I suspect my tax liability is the same as an employed individual but without any perks like annual leave, training, sick pay etc

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Just heard on 5Live that May was unable to confirm the triple lock will remain in place but I think that is just down to her genuine lack of ability to think on the hoof. Everything said about her as a cabinet minister is how she is such a diligent hard worker when it comes to getting something done..... however, she appears to have to think long and hard on issues then gets herself a soundbite to cover that like " Brexit means brexit" " An economy that works for everyone " and most of us have already heard enough of her latest gem " Strong and stable leadership " this makes me think straight away of General Franco, General Pinochet or even Fidel Castro.

Her mindset is that she IS right so why do we need to debate anything in parliament when she is so obviously right ? If she changes her mind on anything it must be because that's what she thought in the first place. Worrying times ahead I fear, She gives the impression that she is not going to relinquish power at any cost. Like some female Davros, barely alive but clinging on to control of the Daleks.

So, the triple lock may well remain but Theresa can't make that commitment until she has spent the weekend weighing up the options and coming up with a " Mini Mantra" that will cover it. Just like those memory men who file things away and can pull things out of their memory by remembering a picture in their heads and naming everything in perfect order but who can't answer a snap question like " Who raped Trish in the recent series of Broadchurch ?"...... Because she hasn't said yes or no to many things it does not mean she hasn't considered what her policy is, it's just that she does not know yet how to construct an answer that will stand up to questioning and so, for Theresa its easier to just say nothing.

Long term, this means anything is on the table, expect austerity to continue onwards despite her claiming the Tories are the party of good governance, expect NIC's for the self employed to arrive again at the next budget, expect ever more back door taxes either from the government or from the hard up councils who will bear the brunt of doing the governments dirty work by cutting services again and again and rising council tax.

Remember, this is currently the 5th or 6th biggest economy in the world, how much more austerity will come thanks to crashing out of Europe and losing our current prestige status within it as host to scientific,pharmecutical and financial services? When we slip to the 10th biggest economy in the world and our chickens come home to roost, what will the austerity be like then ? And, will Theresa have worked out a snappy tagline that exonerates her ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The taxing heavily part is already in play for the self employed, I think you will find if you are a sole trader or using a LTD company it's basically bad news moving forward.

christ, £240 is taxed heavily? and this is why we can have more taxes for health and education that everyone says they want, because no one will accept the 10% hike to income taxes it would need.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Can't vote Tory. Can't vote Labour with Corbyn as leader, probably would with Miliband (D). Would never vote UKIP or BNP. Little point voting Green or Lib Dem. Can't not vote.

I'm buggered basically.
thats pretty much me too

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Just heard on 5Live that May was unable to confirm the triple lock will remain in place but I think that is just down to her genuine lack of ability to think on the hoof. Everything said about her as a cabinet minister is how she is such a diligent hard worker when it comes to getting something done..... however, she appears to have to think long and hard on issues then gets herself a soundbite to cover that like " Brexit means brexit" " An economy that works for everyone " and most of us have already heard enough of her latest gem " Strong and stable leadership " this makes me think straight away of General Franco, General Pinochet or even Fidel Castro.

Her mindset is that she IS right so why do we need to debate anything in parliament when she is so obviously right ? If she changes her mind on anything it must be because that's what she thought in the first place. Worrying times ahead I fear, She gives the impression that she is not going to relinquish power at any cost. Like some female Davros, barely alive but clinging on to control of the Daleks.

So, the triple lock may well remain but Theresa can't make that commitment until she has spent the weekend weighing up the options and coming up with a " Mini Mantra" that will cover it. Just like those memory men who file things away and can pull things out of their memory by remembering a picture in their heads and naming everything in perfect order but who can't answer a snap question like " Who raped Trish in the recent series of Broadchurch ?"...... Because she hasn't said yes or no to many things it does not mean she hasn't considered what her policy is, it's just that she does not know yet how to construct an answer that will stand up to questioning and so, for Theresa its easier to just say nothing.

Long term, this means anything is on the table, expect austerity to continue onwards despite her claiming the Tories are the party of good governance, expect NIC's for the self employed to arrive again at the next budget, expect ever more back door taxes either from the government or from the hard up councils who will bear the brunt of doing the governments dirty work by cutting services again and again and rising council tax.

Remember, this is currently the 5th or 6th biggest economy in the world, how much more austerity will come thanks to crashing out of Europe and losing our current prestige status within it as host to scientific,pharmecutical and financial services? When we slip to the 10th biggest economy in the world and our chickens come home to roost, what will the austerity be like then ? And, will Theresa have worked out a snappy tagline that exonerates her ?

2/10

:facepalm: :wink:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Government's air quality action plan was so poor so as to be considered illegal. Now trying to delay requirement to provide one until after the election. They couldn't give a ****, people can and will die just to suit the Tory election. The amount of contempt they treat us all with is staggering.

Stil people vote for these evil mendacious *******s. Shameful.
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-shelve-air-quality-plan-until-after-election

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
This thread has a funereal feel about it. Retards continuously having their pathetic digs. Leave the EU first THEN vote for your predilection. This election is predominantly about buggering off those EU Nazi federalists first.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here