Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Contain Arnautovic

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've been bored into submission tbh. I've had him pegged as a moody inconsistent forward, but was unaware of the fact that he has apparently now morphed into a different player, probably the best striker outside the top 6, and has been ripping it up all season. All that had completely passed me by.

Should be a treat to watch him tonight.
I'm not surprised, you're spot on. Nobody ever said he was a bad player, just that he's not particularly remarkable. I mean take this post:

This season - played 6 scored 4 assists 1

Since going up front last December - played 24, scored 15 assists 9

lets hope this patchy form continues
All that's telling us is that basically he has the same stats as Glenn Murray has in his seven games - both in form, both have played four games against last season's big six.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've been bored into submission tbh. I've had him pegged as a moody inconsistent forward, but was unaware of the fact that he has apparently now morphed into a different player, probably the best striker outside the top 6, and has been ripping it up all season. All that had completely passed me by.

Should be a treat to watch him tonight.

I'm broadly the same - moody sort, watch out when he's on his game, but don't worry too much as he rarely is.

Unfortunately however, he does seem to be "on his game" more often than not right now, and he's a major handful for anyone.

Contain Arnautovic indeed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not surprised, you're spot on. Nobody ever said he was a bad player, just that he's not particularly remarkable. I mean take this post:

All that's telling us is that basically he has the same stats as Glenn Murray has in his seven games - both in form, both have played four games against last season's big six.

I'm broadly the same - moody sort, watch out when he's on his game, but don't worry too much as he rarely is.

Unfortunately however, he does seem to be "on his game" more often than not right now, and he's a major handful for anyone.

Contain Arnautovic indeed.

Glad its not just me then. Thought I was going bonkers.

This dodgy knee he's nursing then. I trust Dunk / Duffy know which one it is ?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Arnautovic is quality, but he could easily find himself isolated and out of the way. Felipe Anderson and Andriy Yarmolenko are both top quality, they're just as dangerous if not more so. Other than their front 3, they have a good goalkeeper. That's it.

We should beat them tonight, they're good but we're at home. We don't play away from home, so we have to get results against everyone at home.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It should be mentioned that the West Ham fans were on his back after his slow start there last season. I’m pretty sure they booed him off when he was substituted in their 3-0 defeat to us.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
TBH I think the best striker outside the top 6 is probably Lukaku

Oh wait, sorry, not best...most expensive. That's what I mean.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Careful now. Anyone suggesting a "best player outside the top six" who isn't Mr Tumble is going to make the Palace fans cry.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
And personally I'd probably take either of the two at Bournemouth over any of them at the moment - Fraser and Wilson.

John_Le_Mesurier_-_It's_All_Been_Rather_Lovely.jpg
doomed_3039230b.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Arnautovic is quality, but he could easily find himself isolated and out of the way. Felipe Anderson and Andriy Yarmolenko are both top quality, they're just as dangerous if not more so. Other than their front 3, they have a good goalkeeper. That's it.

We should beat them tonight, they're good but we're at home. We don't play away from home, so we have to get results against everyone at home.

Rice, Noble and Diop are quality and playing brilliantly too.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Don't play 3 of Propper, Bissouma, Stephens, Kayal. 2 of them please plus either AJ, Izquierdo or Andone.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought he was class tonight. Without doubt one of the best strikers outside the top 6. D & D played him very well though :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Looked ordinary. Nice blazing over at the end there, all a bit poor. Will be world class next week

Team #easy 10

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well we certainly struggled to contain him, but thankfully the rest of their attackers were fairly shite tonight.

Anyone saying Arnautovic is shite is still relying on a narrative from the first few months of last year under Bilic, since then he has been mustard.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Missed a huge chance at the end, the difference between 1 and 3 points. The volley in the 1st half would have been a goal without the great block from Murray as well.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Missed a chance to equalise near the end but a real handful all night. Quality player hugely improved from his Stoke days, i could see him at a top 6 club by the end of the season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here