Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] 5 guys

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Big fan of Five Guys but prefer Shake Shack.

Used to work in the MetLife building above Grand Central in NY where there’s a Shake Shack in the food court. Much quieter than the one in Madison Sq Park and got dangerously addicted in my lunch break

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Err no. Only plebs eat an Nandos anyway.

I like Nando’s and I’m far from a pleb. I voted remain and everything. I like the food and the surroundings. Ideal for a quick feed up without the sugar and council estate content of McDonalds or KFC.
Perfect pre-cinema feed.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Its a McD for chicken. Queue up, order at the counter, pay up front, go and sit down. Not normal practice in a 'proper restaurant'

shirley KFC is McD for chicken?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've had a 5 Guys burger 3 times. Each time it has been a good burger. By far better than any I've had from McDonald's, Burger King, Uncle Sam's or Grubbs. I don't think I've had a GBK one. Not as good as Smoque.

There's only so much a regular cook can do with a burger and a bun. At five guys the rest is up to you with what you add to it. If you didn't enjoy the burger, don't you own some of the responsibility for that?

Jul 7, 2003
As discussed in a previous Burger thread on here, we are lucky to have some great burger places in Brighton. My take is as follows:
BK & McDonalds - crap for the masses.
5 Guys - superior to the above but overpriced and rely on image (and as other have said, much better in the US)
Gourmet Burger Kitchen - burgers for people who don't care about quality but want a nice sit down.
Uncles Sam's - too variable in quality across the franchise locally but generally better than 5 Guys
Grubbs - Brighton legends, used to be the best, still decent but new boys have taken things to another level.
SmoqueBurger - only tried Burgess Hill, nice but over-priced
7 Bone - burgers not bad but sides can be very greasy.
BurgerKult - great flavours, good burgers
Trolls Pantry - always changing menu, inventive burgers, just wish he would go back to bigger patties like the old days
Burger Brothers - menu never changes but if it ain't broke.... Consistently great burger but no use if you want fries

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
As discussed in a previous Burger thread on here, we are lucky to have some great burger places in Brighton. My take is as follows:
BK & McDonalds - crap for the masses.
5 Guys - superior to the above but overpriced and rely on image (and as other have said, much better in the US)
Gourmet Burger Kitchen - burgers for people who don't care about quality but want a nice sit down.
Uncles Sam's - too variable in quality across the franchise locally but generally better than 5 Guys
Grubbs - Brighton legends, used to be the best, still decent but new boys have taken things to another level.
SmoqueBurger - only tried Burgess Hill, nice but over-priced
7 Bone - burgers not bad but sides can be very greasy.
BurgerKult - great flavours, good burgers
Trolls Pantry - always changing menu, inventive burgers, just wish he would go back to bigger patties like the old days
Burger Brothers - menu never changes but if it ain't broke.... Consistently great burger but no use if you want fries

I occasionally pop in to uncle sams in Hangleton when visiting my mum. Really nice burgers.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nah couldn't care less about cool points - we're debating food on a football message board after all, what could be cooler? Just think Nando's is insanely overrated, and am fine with people having the opposite opinion.

Just cooked chicken with a crap sauce they claim is hot and you have no waiting service. The 'salad' is rabbit food. Hate Nandos.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I think that is expensive for fast food. You could've stayed at home and ordered some Chinese or an Indian for that sort of price and both would be much nicer. Equally the kebab shop often serve a decent burger for about £5

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here