Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Farage Watch 2018

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I love my country, I am not particularly proud of it at the moment though. Who do you mean when you say "being proud of your own"?

Why aren't you proud of the country you live in. You Can be proud and not racist like you keep implying. It's about time you and others gave that a rest

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There are plenty of Republicans in Parliament who do swear allegiance.

They are pragmatic about it, Sinn Fein are militant about it, less so than they were, but that might change soon, and Farage will have played a part in that.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think he is a dangerous man.

Isnt the word dangerous a bit overly dramatic, as per the point I was making about language. Understand why you might dislike him. He is a politician after all! But what makes him ‘dangerous’? Are you sure you haven’t been affected by the hyperbole surrounding everything he does? I mean this sincerely, not disrespectfully.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Isnt the word dangerous a bit overly dramatic, as per the point I was making about language. Understand why you might dislike him. He is a politician after all! But what makes him ‘dangerous’? Are you sure you haven’t been affected by the hyperbole surrounding everything he does? I mean this sincerely, not disrespectfully.

I think he is dangerous in the sense that he has stoked a culture of directly blaming immigrants for the country's ills.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
I think he is dangerous in the sense that he has stoked a culture of directly blaming immigrants for the country's ills.

No he hasn't. He blames consecutive governments for allowing mass immigration.
There's a big difference ..... but you knew that.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Why aren't you proud of the country you live in. You Can be proud and not racist like you keep implying. It's about time you and others gave that a rest

Why are you proud of the country you live in?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Is it not also libel?

Immigrants clogging up the M4
Romanians next door
Scared of foreign languages on buses

Wants to change the law so that employers can discriminate on grounds of nationality.

Farage lead Ukip, a party that is part of the group Europe of Freedom and Democracy (EFD). The group includes representatives of the Danish People’s Party, the True Finns Party, the Dutch SGP and the infamous Italian Lega Nord – all of them far-right. Nigel Farage was co-President of the group along with Lega Nord’s Francesco Speroni, who described multiple murderer Anders Breivik as someone whose “ideas are in defence of western civilisation."

Pretty compelling and it makes me comfortable to brand the man a racist.

The Archbishop of Canterbury recently called him racist and accused him of attempting to legitimise racism and I agree.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No he hasn't. He blames consecutive governments for allowing mass immigration.
There's a big difference ..... but you knew that.

I see what you mean. And I suppose on the surface it seems like that but he knows exactly what he is doing and who he is stirring up when he blames immigration. He is well aware which gallery he is playing to.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Credit here goes to Henrey Bradley on Quora, sums it up pretty well and saves me having to write a long post:

Important cities founded or built by the British across the world include New York, Boston, Sydney, Mumbai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Vancouver to list a few.

Maritime laws, governing all ships at sea regardless of nationality were laid out by the British 200 years ago.

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) also known as Coordinated Universal Time, is still the world’s time standard, meaning all clocks are still set by British time.

British legal system (common law with trial by jury) is used by around 25% of the world.

Over half the world’s nations use the British democratic system (parliamentary democracy)

Sports invented and codified in Britain include Association Football (most popular sport), Cricket (worlds 2nd most popular), Rugby, Golf, Badminton, Rounders/baseball, Snooker, Tennis etc.

The Japanese department of Trade and Industry (MITI) launched a massive project to list every item currently used by humans. When the project finished they discovered that 54% of all things used by mankind today across the entire world, were invented or designed by the British, the rest of the world combined made up the other 46% (Japan's share - 5%)

I will close with the contributions of Edward Jenner the pioneer of smallpox vaccine, the world's first vaccine. His work is said to have "saved more lives than the work of any other human” and Alexander Fleming’s for his discovery of the world's first antibiotic Penicillin.

Imagine a world without Britain's ridiculous contribution to Music, Art, Science, Acting, Literature or Medicine. Let alone the Industrial revolution, English language or often forgotten abolition of slavery, which finally ended 3000+ years of human cruelty at its worst.

https://www.quora.com/In-what-way-has-Britain-contributed-to-the-world

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Credit here goes to Henrey Bradley on Quora, sums it up pretty well and saves me having to write a long post:

Important cities founded or built by the British across the world include New York, Boston, Sydney, Mumbai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Vancouver to list a few.

Maritime laws, governing all ships at sea regardless of nationality were laid out by the British 200 years ago.

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) also known as Coordinated Universal Time, is still the world’s time standard, meaning all clocks are still set by British time.

British legal system (common law with trial by jury) is used by around 25% of the world.

Over half the world’s nations use the British democratic system (parliamentary democracy)

Sports invented and codified in Britain include Association Football (most popular sport), Cricket (worlds 2nd most popular), Rugby, Golf, Badminton, Rounders/baseball, Snooker, Tennis etc.

The Japanese department of Trade and Industry (MITI) launched a massive project to list every item currently used by humans. When the project finished they discovered that 54% of all things used by mankind today across the entire world, were invented or designed by the British, the rest of the world combined made up the other 46% (Japan's share - 5%)

I will close with the contributions of Edward Jenner the pioneer of smallpox vaccine, the world's first vaccine. His work is said to have "saved more lives than the work of any other human” and Alexander Fleming’s for his discovery of the world's first antibiotic Penicillin.

Imagine a world without Britain's ridiculous contribution to Music, Art, Science, Acting, Literature or Medicine. Let alone the Industrial revolution, English language or often forgotten abolition of slavery, which finally ended 3000+ years of human cruelty at its worst.

Just makes it all the more upsetting to see what we are becoming.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

The abolition of slavery is not really that much to be proud of considering we pioneered it, and made it a great business, then got cold feet.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
The Archbishop of Canterbury recently called him racist and accused him of attempting to legitimise racism and I agree.

This is the same Welby who said that Britain wasnt full but acknowledged he didn't have a clue what the limit was.....

Righto.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
It is the swearing allegiance to the Queen thing that kind of makes it difficult for Sinn Fein MP's to take their seats.
The EU does not insist on any oath that might stick in Farages throat, Farage is perfectly willing to turn up for a rant, or to vote against stuff, just not for a discussion on anything constructive.

It’s more than that, but regardless of the underlying motives they readily take the U.K. taxpayers’ money for their own political ends.

Politicians playing the system for their own political ends is as old as the hills, just whining about Farage is an expression of your own personal bigotry.

I mean it’s not like other EU politicians aren’t taking the piss is it?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I love my country, I am not particularly proud of it at the moment though. Who do you mean when you say "being proud of your own"?

Why not? I count myself fortunate I live in the worlds oldest democracy, albeit I acknowledge a significant minority don’t respect this and want to replace it with some sort of dictatorship. But that’s what you get when you allow millions of others from around the world to live here - a lot of difference in opinion! Hopefully in time they’ll understand how we do things here because I really do think we can do a lot worse. Who wants to be governed by unelected officials or a old style dictator after all?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Bloody hell mate, the rest of the world wants to live here! Ask yourself why and if you can’t think of anything positive go see the quack. You’re on a downer and need some help :)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So immigrants of all races, including his own?
Romanians of the same race as Nige.
Er, not a race.
Er, not a race.

Again, I see your point but it is largely recognised now that the term "racism" covers prejudice towards different races, ethnicities and nationalities. If you prefer I could use the term cultural racism but it describes the same thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here