Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Pukka Pies

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I have had one pie at football that is better than piglets and that is the cottage pie at Fulham.

I have a piglets sausage roll before each game now, the one with red onion is very good.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
.......apparently they make 100,000 per day with yearly sales exceeding 60 million.....

madeley_quotes_1number.jpg

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
TLO in 3, 2, 1.

Totally agree BG, by far superior as a football pie.

Sick to death of the wankathon about Piglets, totally overated,

Oh, and they aren't handmade, they are cheaper in every other stadium too.

How are they not handmade?

Jul 7, 2003
Turners are the ONE. The new shop in Broadwater is my downfall for a cheeky black pudding scotch egg for a lunchtime treat

I tried Turners a few years ago when they opened up in Rustington and wasn't impressed. Having seen this thread, I stopped in Broadwater today and bought black pudding scotch egg for my lunch and a mince beef and onion pie for my dinner.

What a disappointment. The scotch egg was bland - no flavour coming through and an over set egg which was pale and dry. As for the pie, this was just as bland. Not flavour to the filling - I was expecting a strong onion and gravy mix but it was just a grey sludge inside some very average pastry. Neither of these items were particularly cheap either.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I tried Turners a few years ago when they opened up in Rustington and wasn't impressed. Having seen this thread, I stopped in Broadwater today and bought black pudding scotch egg for my lunch and a mince beef and onion pie for my dinner.

What a disappointment. The scotch egg was bland - no flavour coming through and an over set egg which was pale and dry. As for the pie, this was just as bland. Not flavour to the filling - I was expecting a strong onion and gravy mix but it was just a grey sludge inside some very average pastry. Neither of these items were particularly cheap either.

That’s disappointing!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Pukka Pies were always pretty rubbish and mostly pastry but they are cheap. At away games, clubs always seemed to fit in a massive mark up still and ruin it's one redeeming feature though.

#teampiglet

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
To be fair, BG did cite sales of 60m, not production volume. Perhaps they’re currently working through the last 10 years stock, and will increase production when stocks have been depleted?

As an aside: has anyone ever seen BG and Crodo logged on at the same time?

I can assure you BG is nothing to do with me, although I did once recommend a campsite in WIltshire on the outskirts of Swindon for him, that's as far as we are connected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here