Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Luke Shaw - England call up

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Manchester United defender Luke Shaw has been included in Gareth Southgate's 23-man England squad for September's fixtures against Spain and Switzerland.

No wonder after his performance against us !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He does still look a big lad if I’m being critical of a pro athlete. But has started the season well.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Actually think he`s getting a bit of unfair criticism, was one of their best players against Leicester and us.
Decent going forward too.

I agree with you. Got very little help against us, looked decent against Spurs as well.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Young did well in Russia but will be 35 by the Euros. Other than Luke Shaw, who else is in contention for the left back place?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
By his inclusion Southgate is inferring that he is . I would go with Bertrand or Rose as the best English ones.

How? He’s obviously not the only left back called up to the squad. Also if you’d bothered with the most minute amount of research, you’d have found that Danny Rose has in fact been selected as well, along with Fabian Delph (and Joe Gomez can play left back too).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Where is Ryan Bertrand possibly the best left back in England at the moment but not in the squad. Gomez is primarily a CB or RB not left back and I am sure that we have all learnt our lessons of playing a person out of position like that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
By his inclusion Southgate is inferring that he is . I would go with Bertrand or Rose as the best English ones.

He’s not implying he’s the best, he’s suggesting he’s in the top 3 or 4 in that position hence his inclusion. Ah [MENTION=26980]The Tactician[/MENTION] beat me to it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Ryan Sessegnon will surely be called up within the next months.

Find the inclusion of Adam Lallana and Danny Welback far more puzzling then Shaw being called up.

Southgate's also said today that he might soon have to turn his attention to the Championship for players as the pool of English players is so small. When was the last time he came and watched us play? Dunk and Stephen's are on a par with some of the players called up today. Solly too if he keeps his recent form up.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ryan Sessegnon will surely be called up within the next months.

Find the inclusion of Adam Lallana and Danny Welback far more puzzling then Shaw being called up.

Southgate's also said today that he might soon have to turn his attention to the Championship for players as the pool of English players is so small. When was the last time he came and watched us play? Dunk and Stephen's are on a par with some of the players called up today. Solly too if he keeps his recent form up.

Solly’s form?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here