Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I remember feeling this kind of excitement when we signed Paul Rogers, simply because we had a powderpuff squad and my source described him as "tall" when he visited the offices to seal the deal.

The Eredivisie is pretty terrible but it's clear that means nothing if you know about football as CH has signed expensive flops from there before (Ricky VW, Manu) and it hasn't put him off.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patreon
Jan 19, 2010
We've had a long, long wait together,
But in the end, it's all come good,
We have to thank you Ali,
For coming to our 'hood.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Many many years of supporting this club through the highs and the big lows, there’s one word that sums occasions like today to all who have made it happen

Thanks

Amazing isn’t it . And seeing the excitement not just on here but to Iranians too , it kind of blows you away .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Congratulations to everyone! Just look at the amount of instagram comments and how the followers are rising :laugh:
I‘m sure you won‘t regret his signing :)

PS.: I saw some members here worrying about the situation that iranians and israelis are in the same team now. There is now law that he can‘t have israeli teammates. He only can‘t play against israeli teams. We have/had a lot of other players playing with israelis like Azmoun, Teymourian and Dejagah.

Looking forward to the new saison! Hope I can one day watch a game in your stadium and cheering with you! :albion2:

Also worth noting that we have 2 Israeli's - 1 who is Jewish (Hemed) and the other whole is Muslim (Kayal) - so we have an interesting mix already.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
............................Ryan.........................

Bruno..........Dunk........Duffy..........Bernardo..

..Alireza......Bassouma.......Propper......Jose

.............................Gross.............................

............................Andone............................

Subs Steele. Balogun, Stephens, AK, Locadia, Murray, Schelotto

Not bad.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Wedgee claimed yesterday to be at Uni in Leicester in the early 80s and played snooker with two guys called Gary Lineker and Alan Smith, that would put him around mid 50s. (See post 2441 in this thread). So he’s fair game if he’s really that old, not that I actually believe a word he types.

He is, and has three sons himself.

Maybe we should lay off him now. We've had our fun.

Btw Alireza Jahanbakhsh is still trending on Twitter.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
............................Ryan.........................

Bruno..........Dunk........Duffy..........Bernardo..

..Alireza......Bassouma.......Propper......Jose

.............................Gross.............................

............................Andone............................

Subs Steele. Balogun, Stephens, AK, Locadia, Murray, Schelotto

Not bad.

Stephens and Bong. Button ahead of Steele

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
He has very good English.

Reminds me of the story the former Spurs manager Keith Birkinshaw used to tell about Ossies Ardiles and Ricky Villa's first pre-season training session on joining Spurs, having just won the World Cup with Argentina.

After some warm-ups and sprints, Birkinshaw stood in the centre circling, holding a football, and called all the first team squad players to sit on the grass in front of him.

"Ball," he said, holding up the ball, and then, "goal." And he pointed at the goalposts.
"Ball. Goal. Ball. Goal."

At this point Ossie Ardiles stood up and said, "'excuse me, Mr Birkinshaw. But me and Ricardo speak perfectly good English."

"Oh, I know," replied Birkinshaw. "I'm not worried about you two - this is for everybody else."

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here