Female PA announcer

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Gender apart she really wasn't very good at the job albeit her enunciation was excellent.
Didn't detract from an excellent game of football though so I'm not going to get exercised about it

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why should she be respected? If it had been a bloke he would have got loads, well except if he was (insert minority here)...... It's political correctness gone mad, she was awful.

a) Because she is a human being, and it is possible to criticise someone's job performance while still being respectful and a decent human being and not reducing her to a sex thing.
b) I think you might have missed the point of my post.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448794665.619437.jpg

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
How do you objectively criticise a terrible performance? It's not a gender, race or sexual orientation point, it was just woeful.

What is your point?

a) Because she is a human being, and it is possible to criticise someone's job performance while still being respectful and a decent human being and not reducing her to a sex thing.
b) I think you might have missed the point of my post.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How do you objectively criticise a terrible performance? It's not a gender, race or sexual orientation point, it was just woeful.

By criticising her work, and not making the sort of comments that you can see for yourself throughout this thread about her attractiveness, whether women should be in football etc.

What is your point?

The link in my post was to a thread Timmy started the last time this announcer stepped in for our usual guy, in which he wasn't exactly kind to her and is now calling for people to respect her and how nice she is.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
By criticising her work, and not making the sort of comments that you can see for yourself throughout this thread about her attractiveness, whether women should be in football etc.

The link in my post was to a thread Timmy started the last time this announcer stepped in for our usual guy, in which he wasn't exactly kind to her and is now calling for people to respect her and how nice she is.

Because Timmy has had a sniff of her now and thinks he has a chance

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Err, You may notice I haven't resorted to the comments you are referring to but she was hopeless.

Being "nice" does not qualify you to do a job i'm afraid

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Timmy shown up for having double standards, whatever next.....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yay or Nay? LR down injured for 5 minutes and stretchered off, yet somehow announced it to be Hemed coming off before probably being corrected!

Well to be quite honest, when the player went down, my immediate reaction was that it might have been Hemed, It occured in an area of the pitch normally frequented by a forward player, not a defender.

I had a quick look round, accounted for most of the players, and Hemed was one of those that l couldn't see.

So if she was wrong, I was wrong too. I say give her the benefit of the doubt, She's new to the job and inexperienced. She will get better.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I think the degree of sexismn about this is awful and it's over looking the most important question.........is she fit?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here