Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Gregory

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Wasn't that guy from Charlton a 'done deal' as well?

I won't hold my breath...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I'd love to join you waxing lyrical about our recruitment team, but doesn't Manu kinda prove that they aren't faultless?

The only poor egg out of a dozen. We seem to be much better now so all I am saying is I trust in CH.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not convinced by this player already 27 years of age and no real pedigree about him.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I must say he takes bloody good pens

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is it me, or could this be CMS / Sam B / 3rd league 1 striker superstar?

On the other hand, I trust our new recruitment setup, so I'll stay positive about LG...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
All our signings seem to be younger players still developing at the point we sign them (Goldson,Norwood,Stephens,Knockaert,Skalak,Baldock) and could be a good investment or older players that we get to add some experience (Rosenior, Sidwell, Murray). Kayal, Hemed and Hünemeier are the only players i can think of that we signed in their 'peak' years and I can't see us signing him at the age he is :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All our signings seem to be younger players still developing at the point we sign them (Goldson,Norwood,Stephens,Knockaert,Skalak,Baldock) and could be a good investment or older players that we get to add some experience (Rosenior, Sidwell, Murray). Kayal, Hemed and Hünemeier are the only players i can think of that we signed in their 'peak' years and I can't see us signing him at the age he is :shrug:

Sorry dont see your point as you have listed 6 who were young prospects and 6 established are you saying he is neither young nor an established pro if so please accept my apologies.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sorry dont see your point as you have listed 6 who were young prospects and 6 established are you saying he is neither young nor an established pro if so please accept my apologies.

I think Gregory is 27. The three older than him were all premier league players. The three around his age when we signed them were Kayal, Hemed and Hünemeier who, I think, had played at a higher level then Gregory. All the others were under 25 when we signed them.

(I'm probably digging a big hole where I can wait for all the pedants to correct me :lolol:)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If one of the recent examples of signing a high class lower league/non league striker was 40 years ago then I think it proves my point.

There are loads of strikers who have come from the lower leagues and have been successful in the championship or premier league. We just happen to have signed a couple who haven't been great at scoring for us.

That said, I'm not desperate to sign this lad.

Seagullssss

Aug 3, 2016
Would love this to happen. A truly natural goalscorer, but he's in the same form as Hemed and Murray. We need a small striker, who can play number 10, to rival Baldock. It's all well and good having strength in depth but we will run the risk of becoming predictable in attack.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If bigger clubs are after him, could be a battle to get him.

It seems to be a battle for us to sign anyone of substance. ..again. Hopefully we will see a striker on a permanent transfer before the end of Aug. I can't quite believe that we have still only got two first team strikers that we can call our own. I shudder to think what we'd do if Hemed and Murray were out injured at the same time.

We've made a great start to the season.....let's not spoil it by relying on Hemed, Baldock and Murray exclusively. It would be far too risky.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
28 next week another year gone by without any pedigree

Glenn Murray was 27 (28 in September) when he signed for Palace and that was the highest level he'd played at that stage of his career.

Gregory is actually ahead of Murray as he has a years experience of the Championship already - 39 games and 9 goals for relegated Millwall in 2014/15.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Glenn Murray was 27 (28 in September) when he signed for Palace and that was the highest level he'd played at that stage of his career.

Gregory is actually ahead of Murray as he has a years experience of the Championship already - 39 games and 9 goals for relegated Millwall in 2014/15.

My comment was tongue in cheek..in response to the previous post ..I got it wrong too he's 28 this week...and I agree with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here