Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hunting ban 'set to be repealed'

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I'd repeal the ban, and ensure they bring fox hunting to London - ****ers keep shitting in my garden and ripping open next doors bin bags every week.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Like people who went to private boarding school ??

Yeah, not dissimilar. I did actually mention that in another post on this thread because they had a hunt on the school grounds.
I was there on a scholarship but there were many loaded people there. Mainly army brats but also Shakin Stevens son and the sons of the Sooty man. A mixed bunch but mainly posh toffs.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Im sure people hope that any newly elected government will address major issues,that is why they are elected in the first place.
Why do you consider it prominent over other legislation? Some legislative matters are more complicated than others,just because it might be voted on in the Autumn with a free vote does not make it a priority issue for Tory thinking,its much more likely its simply an issue that can be resolved quickly through a free vote easier than others.
And its hardly inappropriate if it was written in black and white in the manifesto for all to see,i suspect many lefties would go postal if the Tories did not honour this manifesto pledge......"cant trust them etc etc etc".....repeated ad nauseum
As for elitist bit dear oh dear oh dear, that is a very worn out badly quoted cliche given the support it holds across the social and political spectrum.

Surely people should save their opinions until the legislation is written. It would appear there are some NSC insider experts on what is going to be in the new proposed legislation?
Is the legislation entirely about the hunting of a fox with hounds or is it to be more about specifics of Trail Hunting and Drag Hunting,I havnt got a clue as it hasnt been written yet........perhaps some of the vocal know it alls could shed some light.

I don't consider it more prominent, that's my point.

There is an issue about public perception; it clearly had the backing of a majority of the electorate when the law was introduced, why rock the boat unless it is mischief making?

The elitist phrase was fashioned by my very own cerebrum although admittedly, it may have subconsciously borrowed phrases from elsewhere. Perhaps you could furnish me with the cliché you believe I have so badly quoted? Although, on reflection, with your "dear oh dear oh dear" I suppose I should consider it just a platitude rather than provocation, compared with that somewhat misguided stream of invective you recently unleashed at quarter to three in the morning on some poor unwitting poster (Attila?).

On reflection, I agree with your statement about saving opinions, mine was goaded by wild illogic although after all, both of us were indulging in a time honoured NSC tradition.

Robski

Oct 6, 2010
Worthing
What's the difference between fox hunting and say pheasant/grouse shooting?? Also many more beautiful race horses die than foxes every year in the name of sport(also traditional),foxes are also considered a pest in the country killing farmers livestock.

What's the difference between a) a virtually instant death from being shot or b) being chased miles across the countryside, desperate and petrified, before being torn limb from limb by a pack of hounds?

There is quite definitely a need to control numbers, especially around livestock but there are so many more humane means of doing so than hunting with dogs

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
What's the difference between a) a virtually instant death from being shot or b) being chased miles across the countryside, desperate and petrified, before being torn limb from limb by a pack of hounds?

There is quite definitely a need to control numbers, especially around livestock but there are so many more humane means of doing so than hunting with dogs
Personally I can't see too much difference between the two,both are hunted and both die in the name of sport,I wonder if the chickens are desperate and petrified before being torn limb from limb by the foxes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Personally I can't see too much difference between the two.

Then I fear for your psychological state.

I wonder if the chickens are desperate and petrified before being torn limb from limb by the foxes.

Great comparison that. You seek to justify the actions of these sick sadists, by pointing out that wild animals kill too?

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Then I fear for your psychological state.

Great comparison that. You seek to justify the actions of these sick sadists, by pointing out that wild animals kill too?
Are horse racing fans sick sadists when horses die in the name of sport??The dogs kill the foxes not the humans,one wild animal killing another,not justifying anybody's actions just saying is all.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
It's not an issue I think a lot about but am pretty sure at the time of the ban hearing it was supported by about 75% of the population. Which doesn't really surprise me. So if thats the case, why on earth would you overturn it? (That's a rhetorical question btw)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are horse racing fans sick sadists when horses die in the name of sport??The dogs kill the foxes not the humans,one wild animal killing another,not justifying anybody's actions just saying is all.

1. Whilst lamentable, the death of horses in racing is at least a by product of the industry, rather than the actual POINT of it. They are not actually AIMING to inflict cruelty on another living being. (BTW, since you raise the subject of equine welfare, do you think more horses get injured racing on the flat, or careering across country and over hedges chasing a fox?)

2. The dogs are not wild animals. now you are making yourself look a bit silly, tbh. They are trained, starved, and guided by humans, so that they can get a semi watching a defenceless animal torn apart. Terrific afternoon's 'sport'.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Are you really comparing horse deaths to INTENTIONALLY setting a pack of dogs on a fox?

Edit: What he said ^^^

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The whole thing from the activity itself, the people who take part in it and the proposed repeal of the ban defies any logic.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
1. Whilst lamentable, the death of horses in racing is at least a by product of the industry, rather than the actual POINT of it. They are not actually AIMING to inflict cruelty on another living being. (BTW, since you raise the subject of equine welfare, do you think more horses get injured racing on the flat, or careering across country and over hedges chasing a fox?)

2. The dogs are not wild animals. now you are making yourself look a bit silly, tbh. They are trained, starved, and guided by humans, so that they can get a semi watching a defenceless animal torn apart. Terrific afternoon's 'sport'.
Why the personal insults?? I just have a different opinion to you is all.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

You are wrong on this one. Less than 50% of Birds Shot dead, most get picked up while still alive by Gundog some get away injured and die slow death...whilst not defending Foxhunting, all Foxes caught by hounds are dead very quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here