Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT / Formal shirts

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's a certain degree of comfort provided by what [MENTION=449]Biffer[/MENTION] and I refer to as a 'safety vest' that means you can be confident that nomatter how hot (or flustered) you get, you won't have tell-tale sweat patches showing on your shirt. Particularly useful for light blue shirts on a warm Summery day.

Despite this, I vote: 'no'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good god no. Mind you the last time I wore a formal shirt was when I got married.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Never.

Completely spoils the look of the shirt.

If you are cold, and the occasion permits, the addition of a decent jumper is acceptable.

Tee-shirt - no

Which also gives the added bonus of not having to iron the afore mentioned shirt :thumbsup:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
There's a certain degree of comfort provided by what [MENTION=449]Biffer[/MENTION] and I refer to as a 'safety vest' that means you can be confident that nomatter how hot (or flustered) you get, you won't have tell-tale sweat patches showing on your shirt. Particularly useful for light blue shirts on a warm Summery day.

Despite this, I vote: 'no'.

This reminds me of an absolutely EPIC fail on the shirt-wearing front.

I had a meeting an London a few years ago and decided I would wear a light blue shirt. Bad decision.

The combination of a warm day, my nervousness of the meeting and the underground, meant that by the end of the day, it looked like I had some sort of tie-dye number on.

Never again

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This reminds me of an absolutely EPIC fail on the shirt-wearing front.

I had a meeting an London a few years ago and decided I would wear a light blue shirt. Bad decision.

The combination of a warm day, my nervousness of the meeting and the underground, meant that by the end of the day, it looked like I had some sort of tie-dye number on.

Never again

A safety vest would have saved you from that horrible experience.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I do, purely because I need the extra layer to keep me warm. It acts as a vest to stop me having an attack of Raynaud's syndrome.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
As a matter of interest, what is meant on this thread by a "formal shirt"? Are you just talking about a normal bog standard everyday work shirt with buttons and a collar, that you could wear a tie with if you chose, and could go with a suit or jacket? I've never heard that called a formal shirt.

Or do you mean a shirt that goes with some sort of formal dress or uniform, or with a dinner suit?

Either way, I definitely don't think you should wear a vest or T-shirt underneath it.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I think one of these is the order of the day

strutts9501a.jpg

D

Deleted member 18477

No. never a teeshirt or vest under.

I do however get really pissed off with my shirts as they always crease up especially if driving/doing a lot of sitting down!

Always wear a white shirt on a hot day as well!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here