Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC QF2 Brazil v Belgium

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Strangely, with all those famous defenders, Belgium's defence is suspect. Their goal led a charmed life tonight and Courtois had the game of his life.

I would hate to see France go one up. They have the ability to kill a game, masters of 'game management' arts.

Hmmm France has been as dodgy in defence too this could be a 5-4 in the making. I am made up for watching the game.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Brazil were pretty unlucky - they had a lot of good chances. But Belgium played very well too against a top team. But not sure what that has to do with what I said - I was merely pointing out a terrible call by the VAR team. At the World Cup, with the aid of VAR, they should be able to get such a decision correct.

Who cares Brazil are out, no more diving Neymar. :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The better team won
Really? I'm glad Belgium won, I've gone right of the cheating Brazilians, but Brazil played better.

Belgium were fortunate with the own goal, then they played well and scored and excellent second. Everything else was Brazil though, and Belgium were lucky to win. But I'm pleased they did.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Really? I'm glad Belgium won, I've gone right of the cheating Brazilians, but Brazil played better.

Belgium were fortunate with the own goal, then they played well and scored and excellent second. Everything else was Brazil though, and Belgium were lucky to win. But I'm pleased they did.

Yes really Brazil were of course attacking as much as they could because they had to. Belgium should have ended it when Hazard got greedy instead of passing to Lukaku. Japan did better versus Belgium. The better team won but maybe encouraging that they can still screw up badly.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes really Brazil were of course attacking as much as they could because they had to.
Yes they had to, but obviously Belgium would have stopped Brazil having so many chances if they could have. But they couldn't, Brazil were playing far better than Belgium, and after getting one back, should have had a penalty. I disagree about the better team winning.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Yes they had to, but obviously Belgium would have stopped Brazil having so many chances if they could have. But they couldn't, Brazil were playing far better than Belgium, and after getting one back, should have had a penalty. I disagree about the better team winning.

They stopped them scoring 2 thats all they had to do. A very dubious penalty VAR only comes in for a clear and obvious error and Brazil were trying to cheat their way through. I really cant see that being given.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The penalty incident was before they got one back.
You sure?
They stopped them scoring 2 thats all they had to do.
Indeed, but that doesn't suddenly make them the better side on the night, things just went their way. The own goal wasn't because they were great, they had a bit of luck.
A very dubious penalty VAR only comes in for a clear and obvious error
It actually wasn't dubious once you saw the right angle, it was clear.
and Brazil were trying to cheat their way through.
I agree and I'm glad they're out, but what's that got to do with it?
I really cant see that being given.
We're talking about Vincent's challenge right? Not the gentle hand on the back of Neymar.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
You sure?
Indeed, but that doesn't suddenly make them the better side on the night, things just went their way. The own goal wasn't because they were great, they had a bit of luck.
It actually wasn't dubious once you saw the right angle, it was clear.
I agree and I'm glad they're out, but what's that got to do with it?
We're talking about Vincent's challenge right? Not the gentle hand on the back of Neymar.

Its not clear if after 45 minutes people are still arguing over it. I wouldnt have given it. There was no way he was going to score from there. Luck ..bad defending and lacking the ability to beat the better team. Booo Hooo.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Seriously? Not being able to score from somewhere is irrelevant when deciding if something is a penalty.

Who are you boo hooing? :shrug:

Yes strange fact here the ball was out of play or damn near out of play it is taken into account as is a genuine attempt at a tackle. You cant seem to comprehend this. Boo hooing the hard done by amazing Brazil and thier sympathisers.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Gutted to see the Brazilians going out, ITV will be in mourning. World Cup never seems the same without them.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I live in a quiet area but there's a real racket going on outside, we'd better win tomorrow or I'm gonna feel really left out!

Well jealous love Belgium, the place that is

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes strange fact here the ball was out of play or damn near out of play it is taken into account as is a genuine attempt at a tackle.
If the ball was out of play, it wouldn't be a penalty. It wasn't out of play, as is clear from the replays from the right angle. So the fact that he wasn't going to score is not relevant. And the fact it was a genuine attempt at a tackle doesn't stop it being a foul and a penalty.

You cant seem to comprehend this.
:facepalm:
Boo hooing the hard done by amazing Brazil and thier sympathisers.
Oh dear:
Really? I'm glad Belgium won, I've gone right off the cheating Brazilians
I agree and I'm glad they're out

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here