Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Idiot tolerance levels?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I am pretty much your average Englishman when it comes to confronting people being annoying/rude. I'll poke up with it for a while before clumsily requesting they stop their behaviour.

For example, I'm in the library, and a normal looking woman who doesn't appear to have any major issues, dressed well, middle aged i'd say, on the computer next to me has headphones on and is standing up dancing around like a goon. Not making much noise, jackets swishing against her arms, the odd clang of they zipper on the chair in front of her.. but it was getting on my tits big time. And clearly getting on others nerves. The library ffs!

I'd say it took me a good ten mins of trying to ignore or hope she'd F off before I said anything. She is now still stood up and swaying to headphone music and I want to tell her to sit down and behave again.

I know, not a great story but it poses the question, do you speak up? how long does it take you? Do you squirm and seethe or address the problem pronto? Do you suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or take arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing them, end them?

get yer knob out.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
********s with shopping trolleys in supermarkets who appear to have no idea why they are there and what they are looking for .....ffs....!! people in cars who appear to have no idea where they are , where they are going or what the speed limit is.....ffs...!!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I am pretty much your average Englishman when it comes to confronting people being annoying/rude. I'll poke up with it for a while before clumsily requesting they stop their behaviour.

For example, I'm in the library, and a normal looking woman who doesn't appear to have any major issues, dressed well, middle aged i'd say, on the computer next to me has headphones on and is standing up dancing around like a goon. Not making much noise, jackets swishing against her arms, the odd clang of they zipper on the chair in front of her.. but it was getting on my tits big time. And clearly getting on others nerves. The library ffs!

I'd say it took me a good ten mins of trying to ignore or hope she'd F off before I said anything. She is now still stood up and swaying to headphone music and I want to tell her to sit down and behave again.

I know, not a great story but it poses the question, do you speak up? how long does it take you? Do you squirm and seethe or address the problem pronto? Do you suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or take arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing them, end them?

My other half works for the library service. Libraries represent a free, safe space for people to go to oftentimes when they have no other place to go. Don't worry though, when the government continues to chip away at their funding the library you and her are both in will be shut and you won't have to put up with this 'goon', as you've so pleasantly put it.

Empathy mate, try it sometime.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not this one, obviously, but posters who obviously feel the need to start a thread, but can't be arsed to spell it right. Paul Waller thread is a current classic irritation!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

I'd probably move.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Cashpoint machines for me. I'll give some idiot woman (it's ALWAYS a woman) a maximum of five minutes faffing about with the hidden gameplay levels she's discovered on the machine before loudly asking in my politest voice if she would mind if I borrowed her machine when she's finished with it.

I don't get what people are doing on them for so long! DO YOU WANT BLOODY CASH OR NOT!?! Even if you're checking your balance that should add a whole 20 seconds to it! I am so worried at cashpoints that I am taking too long that I tap the card returner when it is coming out to show people that the machine is holding me up and I am not an indecisive moron! There should also be slow lanes, fast lanes and I am a tourist I have no idea where I am or what I am doing so I am going to stop every 5 seconds lanes! BUT WHATS THE POINT NO ONE WOULD ABIDE TO THE RIGHT LANE ANYWAY!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Are you suggesting the woman may have some sort of mental health condition? I got the impression from the OP that she was just a hippy ****.

Yeah the image in my head is of some hippy fresh from her yoga class with a water bottle of her own Urine/Kale concoction. I would say in my head she kind of looks like the Mum from about a boy but slightly better dressed...

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Yeah the image in my head is of some hippy fresh from her yoga class with a water bottle of her own Urine/Kale concoction. I would say in my head she kind of looks like the Mum from about a boy but slightly better dressed...

LOL That is exactly the woman I was picturing.

Obv if it was a fit yoga girl then the OP would have started a different thread entirely.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
My other half works for the library service. Libraries represent a free, safe space for people to go to oftentimes when they have no other place to go. Don't worry though, when the government continues to chip away at their funding the library you and her are both in will be shut and you won't have to put up with this 'goon', as you've so pleasantly put it.

Empathy mate, try it sometime.

You raise a good point, fair enough. One of the reasons i hesitate in such situations is that exact reason. However she was just a "free spirit" who was good enough when asked politely, to calm down a bit.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Cashpoint machines for me. I'll give some idiot woman (it's ALWAYS a woman) a maximum of five minutes faffing about with the hidden gameplay levels she's discovered on the machine before loudly asking in my politest voice if she would mind if I borrowed her machine when she's finished with it.
I'm constantly baffled as to what could feasibly take people so bloody long when using cashpoints. Is there a secret set of options that I've never seen perhaps?

I have incredibly low tolerance for people meandering around the shop, blocking aisles with their trolley or stopping to chat with some other equally irritating sod who does exactly the same. No sane person likes food shopping, stop holding people up who want to get out!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Are you suggesting the woman may have some sort of mental health condition? I got the impression from the OP that she was just a hippy ****.

I'm saying it's a possibility based on first hand information received from a woman I trust implicitly relating to the variety of people who visit libraries.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
1) Bet you voted Brexit didn't you?
2) Is the right thread, because i have no tolerance for this idiot.

1) Wrong thread
2) No one cares
3) Move on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here