Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Direct - No Training Gear

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
The shop is absolute shit. Heaving for the Athletico game but just imagine if they sold stuff worth buying.

Then there's the joke of the online store that doesn't include the ****ing nike range.

It was a better operation out of a ****ing van at Withdean.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
There was training kit and both colours of the eepers kit in the shop yesterday. Neither were on the website yesterday. Very annoying.

Which training kit was there - short or long sleeve? I've been keeping an eye on the online shop for the training gear. Its almost as if the club are so short on stock in the store that they are discouraging online sales so the shop doesn't look embarrassingly empty for the next few games.

It will be interesting to see in the long term what happens with the non-Nike merchandise. It was noticeable that when Paul Barber was talking about the positive parts of the consumer survey, merchandise was not on the list. Hopefully they will improve the quality and range as it is currently expensive, poorly designed and low quality.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Which training kit was there - short or long sleeve? I've been keeping an eye on the online shop for the training gear. Its almost as if the club are so short on stock in the store that they are discouraging online sales so the shop doesn't look embarrassingly empty for the next few games.

Both long sleeve and short sleeve plus some sort of winter top layer. Also shorts and trousers. It looks like last year's away kit but the volt strips are different length.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
The shop is absolute shit. Heaving for the Athletico game but just imagine if they sold stuff worth buying.

Then there's the joke of the online store that doesn't include the ****ing nike

My experience both online and in the shop last week was the opposite of that. Sorry to disappoint you.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Both long sleeve and short sleeve plus some sort of winter top layer. Also shorts and trousers. It looks like last year's away kit but the volt strips are different length.

Bought Training Top (short sleeve), Mid Layer Top (Long sleeve), training shorts and socks.
They are all Dark Blue with the volt strip which the players have been wearing.
Only 1 of the size in each left in shop and in view of the lack of stock of everything did not take a chance so have purchased for my sons birthday in a couple of months.

Clearly the shop has been caught short with the demand.
However that does not exclude giving its staff communication to pass onto supporters who are going to ask when stock is due.
The staff I spoke to after the open training session just said they did not know.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Then there's the joke of the online store that doesn't include the ****ing nike range.

If there was nothing worth buying, then why was it 'heaving'? Everyone having a BROWSE?

Orders up 400% doesn't exactly scream 'absolute shit' to me, I'm afraid...

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
It's frustrating without a doubt that the shop seems to be a bit of a shambles at the moment. Personally I had a bit of a problem with my alternative shirt, it transpires that the shop manager is on holiday until 27th of this month.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

You seem a bit upset, are you okay?

I'm confused. When would an adult wear Brighton FC training gear unless they're a Brighton FC player?

I don't understand why people would wear a fictitious team's clothing

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
You seem a bit upset, are you okay?

I don't understand why people would wear a fictitious team's clothing

I'm assuming you also can't comprehend that names of things, including football clubs, are regularly shortened I.e. Man Utd, Man City, Hull, West Brom.

Apologies if I've just blown your mind.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Actually I think it is that hard and your sniping from the sides doesn't help. Clearly in your theoretical world the Albion has lots of data on how many shirts we sold when we were last promoted to the PL (oh hang on a minute) and the influence we have on Nike over and above the likes of Chelsea to demand x shirts of all sizes by y date (oh hang on a minute).

I'm sure the Albion will note your earth shattering words of wisdom and would welcome your kit sales forecasts for the next few years that result in neither a surplus or residue of kits.

So there!

How Barberesque:amex:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Those who have said the shop is shite are right. Shirts, flags and scarfs aside there really is nothing to buy in there. I used to regularly spend £100+ in there for kids at christmas, last year I looked and there was nothing. I went in there the other day and yes the shirts look great but everything else is complete tat.

I am sure they could do better, and having been to a number of other clubs shops over the last few seasons I am certain they could. Whether that would be more profitable though is arguable. Lots of stock doesn't always equate to profit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here