Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gerrard and lampard on BT Sport

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Just pundits who give us a little more credit perhaps. We were dismissed as if we were Crawley town. There is no way an informed pundit should write us off so readily .

No offence bud but that sounds a little bit precious.

Don't let it bother you so much and start to get used to it, after all, it's all we willl hear all season. :thumbsup:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
They get paid to offer an opinion, not to think. :flounce:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We def need some pace upfront. Hopefully that will be sorted and then we stand a great chance of surviving

Our season will depend on sorting out our ridiculously below the required level strikers. We ARE relegation bound until we do, so I can't disagree with the two dullards.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Honestly, what do they know about Brighton? If they say that they think we can stay up, they would need to qualify the statement. It's much easier for them to go with statistics!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

They knew nothing, you could tell because they literally didn't say a Brighton player's name. They only spoke about City because that's all they knew about.

Lampard asked Hughton about his intentions on bringing in a pacey forward. I didn't think Lampard and Gerrard were that bad in their analysis, they praised us plenty about our organisation but criticised our lack of attacking play, which is what everyone was saying.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If a 100 neutrals saw that game Saturday you would have a 100 people saying the same.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
They ran out of time from 45mins ******* over man city and the rest of the MEGA SIX. I'm sure their explanation would have been well researched and grounded with attention to detail.

:lolol:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just as bad as Shearer. He was slagging off the Spurs players because they felt they were worth more and he said they didn't because they haven't won anything. Someone should remind him that the only thing he ever won was the title in a team of mercenaries put together by Jack Walker. Never won anything for England and retired from internationals when he was only 30. Now earns a fortune from the BBC for spouting crap.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
If a 100 neutrals saw that game Saturday you would have a 100 people saying the same.

I don't have a problem with thier answers, my problem is with the question off the back of one match.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm not sure we will either tbh, and nobody gives a shit what I think.

I do, and you sound much more optimistic than they do.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lovely little exchange involving England's most disappointing midfield combo ever.

Jake Humphrey: Do you think brighton can stay up?
Lampard: No, I don't think so
Humphrey: Steve?
Gerrard: No, not for me
Humphrey: I don't either

Cheers guys. HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Along with:

Merson
The great British betting public and bookies
Virtually every BBC and newspaper pundit.

Versus, most Brighton fans and the very diplomatic/polite Guardiola and Kompany.

Humphries & co are merely reflecting the perceived realities along with the rest of the football world, but cue the NSC bitterness.

Last edited:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Fair assessment? Just promoted, bought no players with PL experience, Summer recruitment incomplete, lack of pace. I think we will have a good season but really nothing to indicate that we will thrive to outsiders. It's a stupid question to ask after 1st game against PL favourites.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Was it a categorical "no" from them both, or just with the squad as it is now with no further strengthening? I can't remember, and can't be bothered to look again, but I really do think there's some rather over-sensitive reactions on here. I rather like both of them, and they were very defensive of Dunk re the twatish tweet by some bloke commenting on his own goal. Went further up in my estimation following that.

Pretty sure Gerrard said he thinks we need 2/3 players. Given that Izquierdo hasn't signed yet and we all know we need a striker do we really disagree? Its going to be a long season of fans getting offended by pundits comments.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just as bad as Shearer. He was slagging off the Spurs players because they felt they were worth more and he said they didn't because they haven't won anything. Someone should remind him that the only thing he ever won was the title in a team of mercenaries put together by Jack Walker. Never won anything for England and retired from internationals when he was only 30. Now earns a fortune from the BBC for spouting crap.

Not a Shearer fan I take it :)

As a footballer, Shearer was a brilliant striker for many years, the record books don't lie. Like many footballers in the modern era such as his mate Scholes, he packed in international duty early.

This was predicted mid Summer. The moment pundits mention us in non glowing terms, it was going to rile the sensitive.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Lovely little exchange involving England's most disappointing midfield combo ever.

Jake Humphrey: Lamps, can you understand what Stevie G says?
Lampard: No, I don't think so
Humphrey: Steve?
Gerrard: No, not me either
Humphrey: I don't either

Cheers guys. HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Corrected for you :)

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
They knew nothing, you could tell because they literally didn't say a Brighton player's name. They only spoke about City because that's all they knew about.

Lampard asked Hughton about his intentions on bringing in a pacey forward. I didn't think Lampard and Gerrard were that bad in their analysis, they praised us plenty about our organisation but criticised our lack of attacking play, which is what everyone was saying.
Seems fair enough criticism, I was happy with our organisation and work rate but we were overawed and as things stand we are unlikely to stay up. To balance it out Wright on MOTD said if we work that hard every match we would stay up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So if they said "yes", would you have the same complaint? As obviously that would be based on just one game as well.

Or do we want pundits who say "no comment"
So they have to say 'yes' or 'no', they're not allowed to use other words? I had no idea BT were so strict.

How about something like "They were clearly outclassed by City, but their survival won't hinge on results against the top 4 and with the transfer window still open and new signings to come, it's too early to judge. As one of the newly promoted clubs they're an easy pick to struggle at this level, but they have great team spirit and you can see how hard they worked as a team, which will see them pick up points."

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So they have to say 'yes' or 'no', they're not allowed to use other words? I had no idea BT were so strict.

How about something like "They were clearly outclassed by City, but their survival won't hinge on results against the top 4 and with the transfer window still open and new signings to come, it's too early to judge. As one of the newly promoted clubs they're an easy pick to struggle at this level, but they have great team spirit and you can see how hard they worked as a team, which will see them pick up points."

So in other words, not actually answer the presenters question as to whether they think Brighton will stay up?

Righto.

You should be a politician.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Saying it's too early to judge is giving an answer.

I can see it now: The credits role. Russia 2018. The excitement of a world cup

Gary Linekar turns to Martin O'Neil
GL "So, Martin. I'll ask you this now, who do you think will win the world cup?"
MON "I haven't seen all the teams play so I don't want to answer that question"
GL "Right...uummm....can England win the world cup?"
MON "I don't know. It's too early to tell"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here