Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston (h) player ratings

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
He was instrumental in both goals we scored

Really? which game did you watch?

Norwood provided the through ball for Bruno, who then put in Baldock for the first goal. I'll give you the second, but the first no way.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Really? which game did you watch?

Norwood provided the through ball for Bruno, who then put in Baldock for the first goal. I'll give you the second, but the first no way.

My mistake, at the game I saw it as Murphy, but the camera does not lie :)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Some very harsh judgments on Stockdale here.

"had 2 things to do and ****ed both up"? :shrug:

He clearly shares responsibility with Bruno for the calamitous first goal, but quite how anyone can point the finger at the keeper for the second is frankly bizarre.

He appears low on confidence at the moment, and the step he took forward left him flat footed for the header that beat him.

Additionally that was a floated cross that hung in the air, so perhaps he could've come to claim, though that is a debatable point for me, as he would have been taking it around the penalty spot which is some way out.

Edit.
The bigger issue on the second though was Murphy's pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He appears low on confidence at the moment, and the step he took forward left him flat footed for the header that beat him.

Additionally that was a floated cross that hung in the air, so perhaps he could've come to claim, though that is a debatable point for me, as he would have been taking it around the penalty spot which is some way out.

Edit.

How is it possible Stockdale is low on confidence ?.... we have more clean sheets than any other side in the league and were set for 5 clean sheets on trot before the late Sheff Wed goal ?

Despite the 1st goal on Saturday, he still calmly sold the striker a couple of dummies and sharp turns in the box on Saturday ... i would go far as to say over confident not low on confidence....

Still our No1 by some way in my opinion.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
How is it possible Stockdale is low on confidence ?.... we have more clean sheets than any other side in the league were set for 5 clean sheets on trot before the late Sheff Wed goal ?

Despite the 1st goal on Saturday, he still calmly sold the striker a couple of dummies and sharp turns in the box on Saturday ... i would go far as to say over confident not low on confidence....

Still our No1 by some way in my opinion.

Yes he is our number 1 agreed.

Last year he was a lot more dominant on crosses, this year he is a bit 'flappy', also mistakes vs Newcastle, Reading and arguably Brentford means IMO he looks like he is struggling. Not to be dropped, but struggling.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Or more the lack of the pass as he lost the ball but in fairness he only had Murray to aim at and he wasnt able to hold the ball up and lay it off as there was nobody there to give it to so couldnt do it all himself.

He also only needed to lift it or overhit it and Murray was through

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Last year he was a lot more dominant on crosses, this year he is a bit 'flappy', also mistakes vs Newcastle, Reading and arguably Brentford means IMO he looks like he is struggling. Not to be dropped, but struggling.

Time for Ben Roberts to earn his corn.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think that he was struggling to find an option and in so doing lost the ball which allowed Gallagher to cross for the goal.

Nearly in front of us, if he hits it past their player Murray is away as he's already spun.

Edit: so frustrating.....

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
A bit delayed, but here goes

Stockdale - 5 - Could have done better with both goals but not helped out by his defence on either goal

Bruno - 5 - Absolute stinker of a 1st half but at least came back with an assist
Duffy - 7 - Won every header bar one, which sadly they scored from
Dunk - 8 - Superb again
Bong - 7 - Solid

Murphy - 5 - Did his usual, play for 10 minutes then completely vanish for the next 80
Sidwell - 5 - Slow on the ball and caught in possession too easily
Norwood - 6 - Not too bad but should have been partnered by Stephens
Knockaert - 7 - Usual livewire

Murray - 8 - Still dragged out wide too often. Always most effective when used down the middle. Delightful turn and finish for the goal
Baldock - 8 - Ran himself into the ground, shouldn't have come off, scored a goal.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Possibly coming for less crosses this year because he trusts Duffy and Dunk to deal with them more than last season... I really dont see much difference in his game from last season at all.

Some still have an agenda with Stockdale from 2 seasons ago and are waiting to have a pop, the first goal on saturday for me was not his fault, other than that I have seen no major errors.. certainly no more than any other keeper in the division.

Changing a keeper is always a big big decison much more so than any other player on the pitch, we are a long long way off that in my opinion.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
A bit delayed, but here goes

Stockdale - 5 - Could have done better with both goals but not helped out by his defence on either goal

Bruno - 5 - Absolute stinker of a 1st half but at least came back with an assist
Duffy - 7 - Won every header bar one, which sadly they scored from
Dunk - 8 - Superb again
Bong - 7 - Solid

Murphy - 5 - Did his usual, play for 10 minutes then completely vanish for the next 80
Sidwell - 5 - Slow on the ball and caught in possession too easily
Norwood - 6 - Not too bad but should have been partnered by Stephens
Knockaert - 7 - Usual livewire

Murray - 8 - Still dragged out wide too often. Always most effective when used down the middle. Delightful turn and finish for the goal
Baldock - 8 - Ran himself into the ground, shouldn't have come off, scored a goal.

Very harsh on Murphy who had a hand in both of our goals.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Possibly coming for less crosses this year because he trusts Duffy and Dunk to deal with them more than last season... I really dont see much difference in his game from last season at all.

Some still have an agenda with Stockdale from 2 seasons ago and are waiting to have a pop, the first goal on saturday for me was not his fault, other than that I have seen no major errors.. certainly no more than any other keeper in the division.

Changing a keeper is always a big big decison much more so than any other player on the pitch, we are a long long way off that in my opinion.

Agree with much of this in regard to changing, and 'having a pop' but obviously don't re the errors. [emoji2]

The first goal was 60/40 Bruno for me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Edit.

The header was right in the corner. No chance of saving it. The only possibility the keeper had of preventing that goal, would have been to come and try to claim the cross - yet (without any benefit of hindsight) to choose to do so would absolutely have been the wrong call. It was almost a straight ball into the box - not crossed from wide - and he had two giants (in Duffy and Makiniok) between him and the ball. If he'd come, and Makiniok had nodded it gently into the middle of the open goal, then Stockdale would have been slaughtered for it. He made the right call, and was positioned such that the goal was only conceded if a) Duffy lost the aerial challenge and b) the forward directed his header right into the far corner.

Poor goal for the TEAM to concede, but from the keeper's perspective, nothing more than bad luck.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The header was right in the corner. No chance of saving it. The only possibility the keeper had of preventing that goal, would have been to come and try to claim the cross - yet (without any benefit of hindsight) to choose to do so would absolutely have been the wrong call. It was almost a straight ball into the box - not crossed from wide - and he had two giants (in Duffy and Makiniok) between him and the ball. If he'd come, and Makiniok had nodded it gently into the middle of the open goal, then Stockdale would have been slaughtered for it. He made the right call, and was positioned such that the goal was only conceded if a) Duffy lost the aerial challenge and b) the forward directed his header right into the far corner.

Poor goal for the TEAM to concede, but from the keeper's perspective, nothing more than bad luck.

But having taken that step, he was consequently not in a position to spring, so I don't agree.

Did you see Heaton's save yesterday? Similar level of ability all round, but positionally marginally better. All opinions. [emoji2]

I didn't quite see it the same on the cross although it was straight-ish. However, I have a similar conclusion to yourself, as per my earlier response if he had come, it would have been on the penalty spot and coming that far is full of other risks.

Yes a poor goal for us to concede as a team and very preventable before the ball was even crossed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here