Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia: f*ck defending

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:lol: We all appreciate you adore boring football, please stop trying to preach that it's the only way to win a game. We can't score goals whilst going gung-ho, we're really not going to score by playing the flat back 6 with 3 holding midfielders you crave so much.

This method has brought better results in the past than Kevin Keegans gung ho style ever did.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
But effective unless you have strikers good enough to score more than the defence concede, as in our case at the moment.

We don't have the strikers to score the goals whatever the system or formation, if we play your drab defensive game we'll get a 0-0 at best and it will be boring, at least going for it provides entertainment, after all that's what it's about isn't it?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We don't have the strikers to score the goals whatever the system or formation, if we play your drab defensive game we'll get a 0-0 at best and it will be boring, at least going for it provides entertainment, after all that's what it's about isn't it?

Just 1 goal would thn give us 3 points do that each week and we would be top of the league.

SimplyBrighton

Jun 6, 2014
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413612701.337322.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The basis of any succesful side is to keep a clean sheet, do this and goals will come as will results.

I have been slated for wanting boring football which is totally wrong, what I want is results. A clean sheet yesterday would have given us a 3 points, which is what I have been saying despite constant abuse. SH get that area right FIRST, stop conceeding stupid goals as per yesterday, 2 very poor goals.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I have been slated for wanting boring football which is totally wrong, what I want is results. A clean sheet yesterday would have given us a 3 points, which is what I have been saying despite constant abuse. SH get that area right FIRST, stop conceeding stupid goals as per yesterday, 2 very poor goals.

Really, so you think we would have scored another way other than committing everyone forward for a last minute hurrah at a corner, because from where I was sitting we wouldn't have scored a goal from open play if we were still going now. Boro didn't even get out of 2nd gear yesterday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO Mddlesbro were the best organised side we have played all season and did the job perfectly for an away side and the only possible way we would have scored is from a set piece as we did. Their defence had the beating of our attacking at all times. Had Greer not scored we would have got 1 point more than we did if we kept a clean sheet.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
IMHO Mddlesbro were the best organised side we have played all season and did the job perfectly for an away side and the only possible way we would have scored is from a set piece as we did. Their defence had the beating of our attacking at all times. Had Greer not scored we would have got 1 point more than we did if we kept a clean sheet.

But it's really not that simple, you can't just decide to keep a clean sheet because it's preferable to losing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But it's really not that simple, you can't just decide to keep a clean sheet because it's preferable to losing.

What I am saying is that until you are safe you have to stop conceeding goals and pick up points which is the position we are in. So the work by the coaching staff has got to be to improve the number of clean sheets. Get that right and be difficult to beat then work on the rest. It has worked for nearly every succesful side and us for the last few seasons.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
A big 4 or 5-0 win is just around the corner. By lord are we due one. I'm going for next weekend though - tomorrow will be a toughie.

Home V Wigan.

I took my granddaughter to her first game last season V Leicester. 3-1

For Wigan she will be the captains mascot.Hopefully a similar result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here