Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Sunniest county in the UK though (even though it doesnt feel like it at times!). Can't have it all, i spose. Like you I love a bit of snow though so this week has been a real disappointment after what was forecast

Seems this week we have been to far west for any proper white stuff coming from the showers in the east and to far east for the storm hit us!

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
It’s simply mild SE England, unfortunately, for snow lovers like me. We saw virtually no snow from about 1992 to 2008.
Yeah can't have it all I guess, but with a weather event like we've had this week over the country I thought our luck may have finally been in. I hate waiting to see decent snow once every ten years! [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Yeah I was more refering to the dead zone along the coast from Eastbourne to Worthing, I swear that stretch of coastline has to be the least likely place in the country to receive any significant snow in recent years.

You could be right wouldnt mind seeing the stats on that

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sunniest county in the UK though (even though it doesnt feel like it at times!). Can't have it all, i spose. Like you I love a bit of snow though so this week has been a real disappointment after what was forecast

Luckily I usually get to the Alps where you get a lot more winter sun, whilst simultaneously getting my snow fix.

Sussex and Brighton - I love living here.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
The difference is quite striking.
I left home this morning in north East Sussex with a good 6-8 inches of lying snow, travelled down to Eastbourne and there was practically nothing.
Got back home at 4.30 this evening and struggled to get up my road, no thaw whatsoever.
STILL an absolute shedload of snow once you get off the main roads.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh flippin' 'eck Tucker. Second morning in a row I've got up expecting to be able to go straight back to bed under the "can't get to office rule" and been disappointed :rant:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It does seem bizarre that there has apparently been chaos in Hampshire to our West and Kent to our East but barely a sprinkling of icing sugar here in West Sussex...

I'm sure Papa will explain why this is.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It does seem bizarre that there has apparently been chaos in Hampshire to our West and Kent to our East but barely a sprinkling of icing sugar here in West Sussex...

I'm sure Papa will explain why this is.

It's because they got lots of snow and we didn't, innit.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
pasty;8360263[B said:
]Oh flippin' 'eck Tucker. [/B] Second morning in a row I've got up expecting to be able to go straight back to bed under the "can't get to office rule" and been disappointed :rant:

Grange Hill circa 1978? Used to love that programme when I was a youngster!

D

Deleted member 2719

Freezing rain at 2.00am in Chichester.

Looking at shed roof this morning,it looks shiny like covered in black ice.

So it will be treacherous on the side roads if not some of the major roads.

What no grip......:eek::eek::eek:

Don't go out unless it's urgent everyone, it's serious driving conditions.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
So here we go again.....snow forecast for most of the day across Sussex, what's the chances it amounts to absolutely nothing along the coast again 🤣

D

Deleted member 22389

Temperature slowly creeping up above 0 today. Tomorrow in to the 5's, that's going to feel warm.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
-1.5C and temp still falling in north Brighton.

The latest forecast:
D86921AA-4EA6-481E-AEB5-6D0747331793.png

Today might end up with snow for everyone, other than sleet/freezing rain for those at sea level.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I’m thinking this is the last chance for any decent snow where I am in Central Bedfordshire, although I’m not holding out much hope. The met office are showing heavy snow all afternoon, but they’ve forecast plenty of snow over the last 4 days and it’s only amounted to a light dusting. Fingers crossed

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What a complete and utter let down this week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here