Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glory fans in the East Stand

theboybilly

There is nobody on this Earth that hates Chelsea more than I but today I witnessed a masterclass in guile and skill. Eden Hazard is one special talent - he truly ran the show. I think even I might have been tempted to take that shirt - ok probably not. But I wont get hung up about a young kid getting a souvenir

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If the best opposition player in the country had given me his shirt at the Goldstone when I was a kid, I’d have chucked it on the pitch. Only ever had eyes for Brighton. Maybe I’m just out of date.

He can put on EBay & get over £100 for it.

I liked seeing top players at the Goldstone, & wouldn't have minded a shirt, but it didn't happen way back. I remember Brighton fans waiting for autographs though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's what Paul 'sterile / money / money / er...more money' Barber wants.

He's happy to ban passionate supporters but welcomes customers.

Barber is just a rich David Bellotti.

What a comparison.
I'm passionate about football, but never been banned. Whether the banning was right or wrong, this a a 5 year old kid!

Jan 30, 2008
With the no shows v palace on tv and now this the following game we are on tv. Makes us look real tinpot like reading
to be fair we're not far off that scenario , the demographics of our support is cringe worthy at the moment , people turning up who wouldn't have given the club a second look a few years back , plenty of real Albion fans giving the Amex a swerve because of all this you can only stomach so much, probably get slated for this but hey ho that's the way I see it
regards
DR

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A group of grown men are upset about a little kid getting the shirt of a famous footballer because he played for the opposition..

Grow up.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
What a comparison.
I'm passionate about football, but never been banned. Whether the banning was right or wrong, this a a 5 year old kid!

I'm comparing it because I know 2 people that Barber has banned.

One for squaring up with handbags at 5 paces to a fellow sth because of constant moaning, and, two, for canceling their season ticket after two DD payments, even though a ball hadn't been kicked this season. The chap had real good reasons to cancel, which was explained by e mail and in person at the ground, but is banned from all home and aways.

Long live the Barber revolution.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I jizzed myself over Hazard today and I’m a 32 year old Brighton fan through and through. If you can’t enjoy performances like his today then there literally is no point in you coming to football games, irrespective of alliegence. I mean Real Madrid fans applauded Ronaldinho and Messi for Barcelona... respecting the performances of opposition players when they’re incredible doesn’t make you a bad fan.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
There is no point getting wound up because a child got an opposition player’s shirt.

But it’s arguably fair to get wound up because Brighton (the town, the people) and football (the leisure activity) have a thing in common over the past twenty years: they’ve both become so middle class they no longer realise it.

Paying 40 quid to idolise Eden Hazard is what a lot of people want to do. In 1993 some of us paid 6 quid to shout that Scott McGleish was a wanker, and to really enjoy the very occasional Brighton win.

That’s why people are pissed off. And that’s fair enough.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm comparing it because I know 2 people that Barber has banned.

One for squaring up with handbags at 5 paces to a fellow sth because of constant moaning, and, two, for canceling their season ticket after two DD payments, even though a ball hadn't been kicked this season. The chap had real good reasons to cancel, which was explained by e mail and in person at the ground, but is banned from all home and aways.

Long live the Barber revolution.

Both valid reasons. You might not like it, but that's reasonable.

What's that got to do with a kid getting a shirt? I did think it was in the away end, but he's a kid for goodness sake.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
8EF905DA-7ADB-4D98-B7AC-B12F2CDCFD27.jpeg

Look at these, bunch of pricks. All those with adult tickets there should all be banned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here