Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should we appeal the Propper red?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Hogg should have been sent off. Ball was playable immediately in front of Propper and Hogg slid in from the side asking for an injury!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The thing is, a few minutes prior Pröpper has obviously said something to the referee after he didn’t give a throw in our way. Taylor blew his whistle, had a quiet word with him, and play carried on. But Davy had obviously lost his cool, I could tell in his body language. That rush on Adrenalin and feeling of being hard done by - for whatever reason - led to him diving into the tackle with more aggression than usual.

Still think it was a slightly harsh red. Will not get overturned because I see why the ref gave it as such.

Oh and Duffy should have definitely gone for a second yellow anyway.

Did you see the Duffy ‘foul’ on the TV? You couldn’t be more wrong mate, was a clear foul.. ON HIM!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The chances of keeping your trousers dry when pissing into a very strong wind are better than a successful appeal of Davy's red. The kunnts.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
TSB is right. If you watch it on TV VLP ‘cleverly’ cheated by grabbing Duffys arm and pulling it making it look like Duffy was pulling him. Wasn’t even a foul by Duffy.

Thanks....I should have expanded on my reply..hence I didn’t think it was a booking and then sending off

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
That Duffy tussle wasn't even a foul after watching it back, i actually thought he was lucky not to a get a second yellow at the time.

duffy.gif

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
That Duffy tussle wasn't even a foul after watching it back, i actually thought he was lucky not to a get a second yellow at the time.

duffy.gif

So can we give VLP a retrospective penalty for cheating and trying to get a player sent off?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
[TWEET]983470678174261250[/TWEET]

I wonder which way this one's gonna go....

Considering I was fairly confident/had a glimmer of hope for some of our recent appeals (Murphy Bolton, Stephens Boro, Murray Massive, Hemed Toon) and nothing given, perhaps this time having absolutely zero expectation will produce a surprise. Yea, not going to happen.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Forget whether it was a 50/50, how Hogg went in, what Ashley Young did later that day or what colour pants Matty Ryan was wearing. He went in with his studs up, injuring Hogg in the process. I thought it was a red when I saw it from the east upper when it happened and I've not seen anything to change my mind.

Very surprised that we're contesting it as we've got absolutely ZERO chance IMO.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Forget whether it was a 50/50, how Hogg went in, what Ashley Young did later that day or what colour pants Matty Ryan was wearing. He went in with his studs up, injuring Hogg in the process. I thought it was a red when I saw it from the east upper when it happened and I've not seen anything to change my mind.

Very surprised that we're contesting it as we've got absolutely ZERO chance IMO.

Does it mean he’s available for Palace while the appeal is heard? If so that might be why.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here