Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Update re: Selhurst to Amex ride.

Preliminary date - SUNDAY 10th JUNE 2018

There will be two choices of ride, and Bold Seagull is the man when it come to arranging the route :). The choices will be:
Amex to Selhurst to Amex (104 miles)
Selhurst to Amex (52 miles)

I am listing all those who have declared an interest so far below. Could you all pm me email addresses, mobile numbers etc. so that I can have everything in one place?

Last time we all targeted £250 on Just Giving, and raised a substantial amount (Uncle Spielberg will be able to say how much!) It would be great if as many of us as possible could do that again!

Uncle Spielberg also has contacts to the Palace branch of REMF supporters - there was a good turn out from them last time. Hopefully this can be repeated.

Spread the word - it would be nice if we made this a really big deal!
[MENTION=28933]Geoffbn2[/MENTION] + Palace supporting friend [MENTION=33955]nickbrighton[/MENTION] [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] (keeping you in the loop!) [MENTION=705]Jeep[/MENTION] (thanks for the pm!) [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] (lantern rouge) [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION] [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=11738]Spreadbetting Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=13467]JoePrecious[/MENTION] + Palace friend [MENTION=16679]Hangullton[/MENTION] [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] [MENTION=4472]strings[/MENTION] [MENTION=17085]armchairclubber[/MENTION] [MENTION=188]culvers[/MENTION] + Palace cousin [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION]
Me.

That's (potentially) 21 so far!

Should be fun.

This sounds good. I would probably do the shorter one, though, purely because I wouldn't want to end up in Croydon.

I imagine [MENTION=16399]pb21[/MENTION] will be interested.

Assume there is no risk of this clashing with the club's official ride?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks. I am in for this

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
This sounds good. I would probably do the shorter one, though, purely because I wouldn't want to end up in Croydon.

I imagine [MENTION=16399]pb21[/MENTION] will be interested.

Assume there is no risk of this clashing with the club's official ride?

They both end up at the Amex!

Good point about the official ride, we'll have to check that.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Update re: Selhurst to Amex ride.

Preliminary date - SUNDAY 10th JUNE 2018

There will be two choices of ride, and Bold Seagull is the man when it come to arranging the route :). The choices will be:
Amex to Selhurst to Amex (104 miles)
Selhurst to Amex (52 miles)

I am listing all those who have declared an interest so far below. Could you all pm me email addresses, mobile numbers etc. so that I can have everything in one place?

Last time we all targeted £250 on Just Giving, and raised a substantial amount (Uncle Spielberg will be able to say how much!) It would be great if as many of us as possible could do that again!

Uncle Spielberg also has contacts to the Palace branch of REMF supporters - there was a good turn out from them last time. Hopefully this can be repeated.

Spread the word - it would be nice if we made this a really big deal!
[MENTION=28933]Geoffbn2[/MENTION] + Palace supporting friend [MENTION=33955]nickbrighton[/MENTION] [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] (keeping you in the loop!) [MENTION=705]Jeep[/MENTION] (thanks for the pm!) [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] (lantern rouge) [MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION] [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=11738]Spreadbetting Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=13467]JoePrecious[/MENTION] + Palace friend [MENTION=16679]Hangullton[/MENTION] [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] [MENTION=4472]strings[/MENTION] [MENTION=17085]armchairclubber[/MENTION] [MENTION=188]culvers[/MENTION] + Palace cousin [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION]
Me.

That's (potentially) 21 so far!

Should be fun.

The team raised £ 10500 last time

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone planning a ride Eastbourne/Beachy Head way tomorrow, be aware that the women's tour of Sussex is taking place their tomorrow - http://www.tourofsussex.com

We have two club rides going over that way. One is planning to watch some of the racing I believe, the other one (which I plan to be on) will come through that way later, via Ditchling Beacon, so we'll probably miss it.

Could be an event worth a watch for anyone in the area. It's lovely round that way.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I need to stop enjoying riding for a while. I'm shocking up any sort of slope now. When I started out it was all about the fitness, so I battled up some steep ones until I owned them. Then I just went exploring, mainly in the flat lands.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Had no idea there was a London to Brighton taking place today. Thought it was earlier in the year. Absolute result going up Ditchliing Beacon today as it was a closed road :)

Then the cafe stop at Sussex Uni was another gate crashing affair as turned out to be welcome weekend and so extra food stalls set up there.

All in all a cracking ride today in perfect conditions and with a nice group. Only blot was a rear puncture at the top of Beachy Head but soon fixed and home safe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I need to stop enjoying riding for a while. I'm shocking up any sort of slope now. When I started out it was all about the fitness, so I battled up some steep ones until I owned them. Then I just went exploring, mainly in the flat lands.

I was hoping my training regime would be showing some signs of results by now, but it still seems like a bit of a slog at the moment.
Granted today's roast dinner would have made an elephant sluggish so I really shouldn't be too surprised.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I was hoping my training regime would be showing some signs of results by now, but it still seems like a bit of a slog at the moment.
Granted today's roast dinner would have made an elephant sluggish so I really shouldn't be too surprised.

I spotted twice on a nothing much slope after loads of rest waiting for a train to pass. The second time involved coughing and retching and was pretty grim.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I spotted twice on a nothing much slope after loads of rest waiting for a train to pass. The second time involved coughing and retching and was pretty grim.

Blimey that's rough, doesn't sound like fun.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All the stars aligned for me to pop out for a spin this afternoon with jnr.
Blimey Charlie I didn't half have to work hard to humiliate him climbing through Arundel town centre.
Fortunately for me his technique was all over the place for the longer climb.
I realised it's all a bit pointlessly me doing the same coaching, on the bike, while he's fighting the climb so I've done him a little training sheet/poster instead.

View attachment Climbing.pdf

Sadly I haven't got a clue how to convert it from PDF to JPeg.
If you can read it, I hope you like it.
Feel free to add what I've missed.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Greetings all - long time no see!!

Just seen that GB just got their first ever Men's Junior world champion on the road - Tom Pidcock won the TT title to add to his World cyclo-cross championship (and Junior Paris-Roubaix and the GB senior circuit race title)!!!

Quite a talent.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who said cycling wasn't a contact sport :lol: :bowdown:

[tweet]910536719228899333[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1066 has got one of his wishes:-

[tweet]910548311052050432[/tweet]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
1066 has got one of his wishes:-

[tweet]910548311052050432[/tweet]

A step in the right direction. I'd like to see it go to 7 eventually, but this is certainly progress.

Sunweb are having a rather good World's I see.
He won't, but if Matthews were to win on Sunday that would be a mightly impressive clean sweep for them!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone seen this film yet?

Also, anyone know if the men's road race tomorrow will be available in full after the event on the BBC iplayer ? I'm unable to watch live and want to watch later in the evening, but preferably on BBC rather than Eurosport player.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here