Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bizarre run for me yesterday. I'd not run since my plod round Middlesbrough and lap of the Riverside on Saturday morning so I should have been nice and fresh. I plotted a 10 mile trail run, taking in both Chanctonbury and Cissbury rings for some good climbing and set out on what was a lovely afternoon. In less than 2 miles, which were slowly paced, I was absolutely beat. At just over 2 miles I had to walk (and I've only ever walked twice when running before) before slowly jogging home having only covered 3 and a bit miles.

I should have gone out today to try and get back to normal, but having gone to visit Piglets and then sat in [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION]'s kitchen putting the world to rights, there isn't time given school pick-up etc and my aim to be in the pub for about 3:30 to warm-up for the match tonight.

Completely bizarre - hoping it was just a one off.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Staying the tonight in Sheffield , so hoping to get along to one of the local Parkruns in the morning.

Sheffield Hallam looks the best bet. There is a Hillsborough parkrun ,but I'm told that's a bit brutal, hill wise.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bizarre run for me yesterday. I'd not run since my plod round Middlesbrough and lap of the Riverside on Saturday morning so I should have been nice and fresh. I plotted a 10 mile trail run, taking in both Chanctonbury and Cissbury rings for some good climbing and set out on what was a lovely afternoon. In less than 2 miles, which were slowly paced, I was absolutely beat. At just over 2 miles I had to walk (and I've only ever walked twice when running before) before slowly jogging home having only covered 3 and a bit miles.

I should have gone out today to try and get back to normal, but having gone to visit Piglets and then sat in [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION]'s kitchen putting the world to rights, there isn't time given school pick-up etc and my aim to be in the pub for about 3:30 to warm-up for the match tonight.

Completely bizarre - hoping it was just a one off.

I'm guessing it was - we all have runs like that. I've gone out on a long run and not got into it for miles, or got to the start line at parkrun thinking I'm going to run a great 5k, only for it to fall apart. Sometimes there's no rhyme or reason to it. You can try and analyse it – which I did after a terrible Brighton Marathon – but it doesn't really do you any good. Best to get out there and go again.

Although maybe not tomorrow though... :drink::drink::drink:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Some impressive times posted today but the most impressive, so far, has to be Bozza's 3.30. You can't beat a warm up before a long session. :drink::drink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'll be there, but won't be in my London top, because I'm wearing it right now!

Surely you're the boss, GB, you can shift training time, can't you? ;) Junior Bobkin's training has moved to 10am Saturday, which works really well. Although he's old enough to get around anyway.

Which tournaments are you down for? We've got Worthing, Lancing and Southwick between now and July, so I might see you there...

I'm but a humble coach. The manager runs our team and the under 14s so we train at 9.30 and they follow us :(

We are in Kevin Ogle but I'm out for that one as I have the words FAMILY DAY written on the calendar as it's between the REMF game and a potential Wembley trip. Southwick is our tournament and I'm on the origanising committee and taking one of our two teams so I'll definitely see you there!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hove Park tomorrow? Will be showing off my London Marathon shirt! (Daren't wear my Run Squad one)

Nope, marathon tomorrow (again). Littlehampton Marina, up the river bank to Storrington (almost), SDW to the top of Kithurst Hill, then all the way back for the free full english at the marina cafe afterwards

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Really enjoyed my first Park Run in 10 weeks. Kept to plan and ran at 10k pace for the first two miles and gradually picked up to finish in 19:39. I knew I was never going to threaten my PB or sub 19 but good to run at speed rather than churning out mile after mile in marathon prep.

Would like to run the next two Saturday's aiming for sub 19 on the BH weekend before tackling the Worthing 10k first Sunday in June.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Hove Park for me. 20:42 quickest time in six months and just 11secs away from a pb. Pleased with that. Mr and Mrs Simgull now strongly thinking about Worthing 10k too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nice morning out at the Arun River run......much colder than I expected at the start and was an hour into it before I de-layered. Became warm for the last hour. Lovely route, well organised and a cracking breakfast at the Boat House caff at the finish. Becoming one of may favourite local trail races this one. As far as the run goes it went ok, nursing a cough and a slightly cramping calf but felt pretty good most of the way without pushing too hard and came home in about 4.23

https://www.strava.com/activities/576106643

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
5.30am 15 miler on my tod!'
Sluggish first mile, wasent sure if a decent long run was in me today, started to feel in the groove after 3 miles, dipped under 6.30's a few times but just felt slightly too much so settled into mid 6,30's knowing I'd get to 15 running strong. Jelly knee at 14 but dug in hard for the last mile. Not the perfect 15 but defently something to work on. Happy runner this morning!! quickest half flashed up & 67 vo2 Max

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1168715111

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
5.30am 15 miler on my tod!'
Sluggish first mile, wasent sure if a decent long run was in me today, started to feel in the groove after 3 miles, dipped under 6.30's a few times but just felt slightly too much so settled into mid 6,30's knowing I'd get to 15 running strong. Jelly knee at 14 but dug in hard for the last mile. Not the perfect 15 but defently something to work on. Happy runner this morning!! quickest half flashed up & 67 vo2 Max

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1168715111

You are still on fire!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Just back from an 8 mile loop Hove to Shoreham.

56:10 so a touch over 7 minute miles. I'm probably about 20 seconds per mile down on pace since the marathon but have certainly felt an improvement this weekend.
[MENTION=26481]downham seagull[/MENTION] - unbelievable running, you're at a level above now.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Just back from an 8 mile loop Hove to Shoreham.

56:10 so a touch over 7 minute miles. I'm probably about 20 seconds per mile down on pace since the marathon but have certainly felt an improvement this weekend.
[MENTION=26481]downham seagull[/MENTION] - unbelievable running, you're at a level above now.

Thanks bud! Much appriciated! Hit some form of late but keen to push on!

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Inspired by 3 forts I took to the hills. Tried to follow sdw as much as possible and got lost on a few occasions but really enjoying the trails and getting off the roads while the weather is decent. I followed the path from Cuckmere Haven back into Eastbourne which was swarming with walkers, runners, riders and one group flying their model aeroplanes over the cliff. Really tough hills but took it easy and enjoyed the route.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here