Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
No, no, no, no, no no.You are wrong. Big Gully / Uncle Spielberg has spoken. There will be no snow, coz, as Weststander says, he's the only one who knows what he's talking about, not those crazy scientific freaks with their computer models.

Winter is Over!!

Papa, now lets not get all silly about this, I think your weather updates are brilliant, you interpret the charts and offer a clear view on what they might deliver, you have throughout this run up also added a note of caution, rightly so because at no time has the charts served up real snow event for most of Sussex especially on the coast.

I just found it a little churlish for some posters to have a go at US for stating quite frankly the obvious, that a temperature of 5C isn't bitter cold or an impending white out.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Papa, now lets not get all silly about this, I think your weather updates are brilliant, you interpret the charts and offer a clear view on what they might deliver, you have throughout this run up also added a note of caution, rightly so because at no time has the charts served up real snow event for most of Sussex especially on the coast.

I just found it a little churlish for some posters to have a go at US for stating quite frankly the obvious, that a temperature of 5C isn't bitter cold or an impending white out.

I know - I was only jesting. In this case Gareth's thoughts are in line with mine, things are far too marginal and on the south coast is the worst place to be to expect snow from this setup.

This morning's output is certainly not an upgrade in the snow chances, although away from the coastal areas there is a chance of something on Sunday as an occluded front might push along the south coast. Let's hope the downs are just high enough.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Just a quick message to all those who are trolling our resident weather experts.

Get a life

That is all

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks for the kind words. Today 7C Tomorrow 7C and Sunday 6C. This is average for mid January. There may be a bit of sleet on the top of the Downs Sunday morning. Next week looks dry with max day at 5C and min night at 0C. There will be the atlantic sw trying to budge the high pressure out which could mean some decent snow for midlands and north but not down here. Snow from the west hardly, if ever happens on the South Coast and the blocking cold from the east is just far too weak to put up any real resistance, there simply is no cold weather across the East at the moment and into next week so there we have it

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought I saw some bits of snow on Brighton Station roof this morning.

No. Moscow at 1 pm is 1C, average is -9C

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That doesn't mean there can't be a little bit of snow on brighton station's roof??? :moo:

It was 4C this morning so clearly there was no snow on the roof was there ?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
when it gets cold I don't bother to wash. I have not had a wash since October. This is my little secret which nobody in the office will ever know.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
It looks like there is a risk of widespread snow on sunday night into monday, but it will probably be rain down here, on the bbc most of the UK has weather warnings for snow, but we have one for rain :(.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
We had sleet this morning in High Salvington at around 9am but we are right on the downs so marginal weather conditions do favour us

kip

Aug 2, 2011
My family said there was snow in Hollingbury on the ground this morning, I didn't see it, I was asleep. Were they telling porkies?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Are you two in fact Russian agents, making clandestine contact with each other via the Big Board? ???

You can see them both sitting on a bench somewhere, exchanging a briefcase.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
All is ok now, the Daily Express headline today is " HEALTH ALERT, Coldest Freeze in Years On Way " -15c blast could kill, say experts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here