Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What would be your starting 11 v Watford (opening game)

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Ryan
Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bernardo
Izqueirdo
Propper
Bissouma
Jakanbaskh
Gross
Andone

Subs

Button
Knockeart
Schellotto
Balagun
Locadia
Murray
Stephens

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A lot on here picking Andone over Murray despite I'm guessing having never actually seen the bloke play..........

He’s also injured and might not play until the closed door Nice game. Locadia also out until possibly Nantes, maybe longer. Which means Murray has to be favourite for Watford.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He’s also injured and might not play until the closed door Nice game. Locadia also out until possibly Nantes, maybe longer. Which means Murray has to be favourite for Watford.

For this reason I cannot see Hemed being sold in this window. Baldock yes

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Personally feel these are guaranteed starters if fit for the first game-

Ryan
Dunk
Duffy
Bernardo
Stephens
Propper
Gross
Murray

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Lot of people writing off Knockaert but his defensive play was a major contribution in the second half of last season.

I would hazard a guess that Bruno will be the right back if we play four at the back (based on where we left off from last season) in which case Knockaert will play.

Also think Murray will get front line on basis of last season and that he is probably more up to speed than the others.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Lot of people writing off Knockaert but his defensive play was a major contribution in the second half of last season.

I would hazard a guess that Bruno will be the right back if we play four at the back (based on where we left off from last season) in which case Knockaert will play.

Also think Murray will get front line on basis of last season and that he is probably more up to speed than the others.

Knocky will start at Watford. Put my house on that. I also agree with you about him. He can be trusted more to do defensive duties than our other wingers. For me Knocky will be the most likely winger to start most games. I'm confident of that

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Amazing to think how of that promotion side of just 14 months ago, that picked itself, only Dunk is a guaranteed starter now. Stephens has a strong arguement too but...

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think the most deliberate change will be in CM, otherwise he will go for a safe selection.

I'll probably upset a few Propper lovers but all this Alireza hype has distracted everyone from what a ridiculous talent Bissouma is. He may not be the finished article (unlikely at 21) but he is still the player I'm most excited about this season.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I think the most deliberate change will be in CM, otherwise he will go for a safe selection.

I'll probably upset a few Propper lovers but all this Alireza hype has distracted everyone from what a ridiculous talent Bissouma is. He may not be the finished article (unlikely at 21) but he is still the player I'm most excited about this season.

Where have you got that from though (not denying he doesn't look promising)...he is only 21!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wait and see, he'll go all the way to the top.

Amazing prediction on a player you have never seen kick a ball live. Hope you are right though of course.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
:jester:

Balance Danger Scoring

Button
Bruno Balogen Duffy Dunk Bernardo
Schelotto Stephens Bissouma Suttner
Baldock

:jester:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Amazing prediction on a player you have never seen kick a ball live. Hope you are right though of course.

I have seen him play live a handful of times actually, nothing to base a wild prediction on admittedly.

I do however have some trusted insight on this one, enough to get me excited.

We'll find out soon enough.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'd be amazed if, fitness permitting, more than 1 newbie starts, that's just not CH's way.

The back 10 picks itself I'd imagine Andone is now 'a little behind' (code for dead) meaning Locadia might actually get the start.

Locadia is rubbish and injured

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavePage

Knowing Hewoughton , I don’t think it’ll be far off last seasons team .

I doubt he’ll throw in too many new boys to an away trip . He’ll go with what he trusts .

Unless one of the new singings really rips it up in Pre season
So similar to our first away game last year, with Ryan, Suttner, Gross and Propper in the line up.
or rather the first game of the season which included Brown.

Dont be surprised to see new faces in again

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

This. Bissouma appears to be our under the radar singing. Usually think showreels are edited crap but that welcome to Brighton one is outrageous. What a talent he might turn out to be.

Murray and speed are not two words I would associate with one another.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Does anybody think we may change formation? Two games behind closed doors already, and another one to follow next week. Could Chris be trying something different away from prying eyes?

Just a thought.

They’ve had the press there etc. He hasn’t. (Although a different set of players)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here