Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham linked with Dunk....

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We'd be mad to let him go. Yes he has made a few errors, but he is not a liability and provides good defensive options for us at the back.

If the money is right in the summer then I'd consider it, but selling now would be wrong.

good call I wouldnt let him go either,he is young and talented

he is crying out for an old hat to teach him the finer details of his job, we seem to lack that option hence his tendency to play loopy mad max thunderballs ,there is enormous potential in dunk we would be crazy as a club on the so called rise to sell off our youngsters who have had a couple of bad games all in the name of making a few quid

That is not how you build a team for the future

Last edited:

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I can't get my head around why people are keen to cash in on Dunk. I can only guess it's on the back of a couple of recent errors. Massively shortsighted imo as he is by far one of our best players.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
His concentration for a full 90 mins is abysmal.

Maybe he has been already thinking about his January move.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I have never believed the stories of us turning down £5m for Dunk. I was told it was nearer £2m hence we turned it down but only 1 person knows the truth.

We didn't turn down £5m for Dunk. It was deal done and sign on the dotted line. The agent went on holiday, believing the deal had gone through, Fulham thought they had their man and BHA were resigned to losing him. Immediately post aftermath Shoreham air crash, LD appears to have had a rethink and after talks with the management, decided to stay.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
We didn't turn down £5m for Dunk. It was deal done and sign on the dotted line. The agent went on holiday, believing the deal had gone through, Fulham thought they had their man and BHA were resigned to losing him. Immediately post aftermath Shoreham air crash, LD appears to have had a rethink and after talks with the management, decided to stay.

I hope recent events have not changed his mind.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
J
I find his theory hard to believe. Mainly that an agent would go on holiday before the end of the summer transfer window.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
But then again if it wasn't for the points Dunk won us last season we would be in league one right now. Probably worth seeing if he can regain the form we know he has

Ah. There is the conundrum. Outstanding player in a struggling side one season. Error strewn and inconsistent in a very successful side, the following season. Why has he suffered these concentration lapses this season when his game was marked out for consistency last campaign?
Is this a flaw in his make-up? Does he need the constant ' backs against the wall ' type of defending to keep him razor sharp. This season, we have enjoyed long spells of possession and dominant football against a number of sides, who have only been able to mount the occasional counter-attack. Does he inadvertently switch off at times? A number of his mistakes this season have been errors of judgement, not of concentration, though, so this complicates the argument even more.
I am as puzzled as the next man. He is a good player who has made a number of key errors at crucial times. I just don't know what has changed. Has it all stemmed, subconsciously, from the Fulham affair. I don't know. I'm clutching at straws. All I do know is that unless he regains some consistency soon, we will continue to drop points.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ah. There is the conundrum. Outstanding player in a struggling side one season. Error strewn and inconsistent in a very successful side, the following season. Why has he suffered these concentration lapses this season when his game was marked out for consistency last campaign?
Is this a flaw in his make-up? Does he need the constant ' backs against the wall ' type of defending to keep him razor sharp. This season, we have enjoyed long spells of possession and dominant football against a number of sides, who have only been able to mount the occasional counter-attack. Does he inadvertently switch off at times? A number of his mistakes this season have been errors of judgement, not of concentration, though, so this complicates the argument even more.
I am as puzzled as the next man. He is a good player who has made a number of key errors at crucial times. I just don't know what has changed. Has it all stemmed, subconsciously, from the Fulham affair. I don't know. I'm clutching at straws. All I do know is that unless he regains some consistency soon, we will continue to drop points.

Although he was outstanding for just over half a season, he made a number of errors in the second half, so the lack of concentration is nothing new, just a flaw in his game.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
J
I find his theory hard to believe. Mainly that an agent would go on holiday before the end of the summer transfer window.

Not at all hard to believe. All his players were ( apparently ) fixed up... all deals put to bed...... job done for two weeks...... always at the end of a telephone. ( Lots of agents are on hols in August, particularly if they have children of school age )

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I'm sorry, I don't believe it. Dunk signed a new contract with Brighton, so his agent would have been involved.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Although he was outstanding for just over half a season, he made a number of errors in the second half, so the lack of concentration is nothing new, just a flaw in his game.

Sadly, I believe this is probably the case and will ultimatety restrict him to being a good player as opposed to being a very good player.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I don't think we should sell whatsoever. People are making it out as if James Tunnicliffe is back defending for the Albion.

He's only just turned 24 which means there's much time for improvement. His lack of concentration and desicion making can all improve with experience

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't think we should sell whatsoever. People are making it out as if James Tunnicliffe is back defending for the Albion.

He's only just turned 24 which means there's much time for improvement. His lack of concentration and desicion making can all improve with experience

I'm completely in the other side and would have sold to Fulham when they reached £3.5m never mind the reported £5m.

IMO he is not as good as Uwe and although early days Goldson looks as composed on the ball and has more pace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here