Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If meat eaters acted like vegans....

I work with a vegan, pretty sound bloke to be honest, fit as fvck too, he's an ultra distance runner regularly doing 100 mile races.

He has never tried to force his views on me but has enlightened me to some aspects of animal welfare.

The most disturbing thing is finding out that millions of male chicks are killed every day, by chucking them live into massive grnding wheels.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I work with a vegan, pretty sound bloke to be honest, fit as fvck too, he's an ultra distance runner regularly doing 100 mile races.

He has never tried to force his views on me but has enlightened me to some aspects of animal welfare.

The most disturbing thing is finding out that millions of male chicks are killed every day, by chucking them live into massive grnding wheels.

Have a good friend just like that. Not a vegan, vegetarian but like your colleague, into the whole ultra marathon stuff. He'll be 50 next year.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I work with a vegan, pretty sound bloke to be honest.

Crikey Hillian, you've met a vegan who's a sound bloke! Whatever next, you know a black man who's a sound bloke? The revelations about our fellow humans you get on here are quite something. I work with a woman who's alright (just thought I'd share that).

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Crikey Hillian, you've met a vegan who's a sound bloke! Whatever next, you know a black man who's a sound bloke? The revelations about our fellow humans you get on here are quite something. I work with a woman who's alright (just thought I'd share that).

You didn't tell me you were a vegan CM :lolol:

Wow, bit touchy aren't you.

It was written more to dispel the generalisation that all vegans bang on and on about meat being evil.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I appreciate that is the case in many places. And why were the cows producing milk?

Because they were locked in a "rape cage" where a bull mated with them (sometimes human artificially inseminating) once the calf is born it's torn away from it's mother because the milk is far to valuable to give to a calf.

Agreed, some small scale local dairy farms are far less barbaric but these huge plants they're locked up to pumps all day draining milk.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

Yeah that one was shocking. They let a certain percentage of eggs hatch, since they need a constant supply of new hens. The male ones are useless so are just left on the conveyor belt. At the end is a grinder. Efficient I suppose.

There is another method, which is no better. They just tip the males into bin bags and chuck it in the rubbish. They suffocate in fairly short order, so more drawn out than the grinder.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
No room for anything in my chillbox of life at the moment - Quorn nuggets were half price in Sainsburys the week before last and I bought just shy of 30 packs of them, which was a few packs too many!

What the hell. That's too many nuggets for anyone :D

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I'm not a Vegan/Vege but know a load of them, and to be honest, I never hear them harping on about it 24/7. The one thing I seem to hear/see all the time is people posting stuff to antagonise them into confirm their preference.

And of course, when they do, the meat eaters get all aggro and start inciting people to hate on them because "they never stop telling you they don't eat animal products".

Maybe people should stop bothering them and they won't say anything.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I said I couldn't get my head around veganism not animal abuse. Chickens rarely use their eggs for anything - very occasionally they eat them, twice in four years in the case of my chickens. In fact we found a stash of a dozen eggs in my greenhouse not so long ago where one of the chickens had found the perfect sunbathing spot hidden behind the plants - the chicken clearly didn't have any use for so many eggs. So, to state that some animals in the system are abused is true, and I for one don't agree with that abuse, but it is perfectly possible to source animal products that are not a result of abuse. I have to say, you seem like one of those preaching vegans, pretty much like vegans that some of the posts in this thread are taking the piss out of. Good on you for your choices but don't try preaching to those of us that don't wish to be vegan - all it makes us do is look in the fridge for the bacon and eggs for breakfast !

I don't care if it makes you 'go to the fridge for bacon and eggs'. All of you suffer from cognitive dissonance unfortunately. As for being a 'preachy vegan', no, I'm not. I just challenge ignorance

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No room for anything in my chillbox of life at the moment - Quorn nuggets were half price in Sainsburys the week before last and I bought just shy of 30 packs of them, which was a few packs too many!

Vegans don't eat Quorn because there's egg in it.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Vegans don't eat Quorn because there's egg in it.

I'm not a vegan and you obviously know little about Quorn, who do a big vegan range.

LN_501767_BP_11.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Thank you!

I'm vegan and never bring it up, it's usually the opposite in fact when out for dinner "why did you order than don't you eat meat".. I'm only getting into conversation someone else started, then 9/10 they are intrigued as to why I do it, I don't do it because i dislike meat, i love the taste of it. well i did, not sure i would now. I just can't bring myself to eat an animal. Best decision I ever made, but takes some dedication.

We're only branded as being "difficult" because most restaurants don't have anything suitable on the menu. Bean burger for example, great! until you put it on a brioche bun (contains eggs)

I have ZERO problems with people eating meat, I was brought up not to judge people/their lifestyle and choices. Each to their own! I just wish people would educate themselves as to what animals have to go through to get on your plate/produce your eggs and dairy products.

I eat meat, but when I saw this thread I rolled my eyes. As always meat eaters telling everyone how annoying vegans are, rather than a vegan actually living up to that stereotype.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here