Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Be nice or be banned.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The armies in 1914 didn't have Muslims, Ed Miliband or Crystal Palace to deal with. Just saying.

Why didn't you mention UKIP ? Just saying because I've got 3 tubes of Pringles in the cupboard :lol:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Those Pringles won't eat themselves.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oh god please don't even mention the name, you don't know what you're conjuring up :(

I would guess something along the lines on [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] starting things off with a two liner that makes no sense followed by an eyes rolling smillie @Herr Tubthumber saying UKIP wouldn't be allowed in Germany, [MENTION=27983]Bas[/MENTION]hdlir blaming the Albion's demise on having three foreign managers and mentioning he was surrounded by migrants in Luton eating funny food, [MENTION=17359]Seagull on the wing[/MENTION] saying EU costs us Β£51 million a year, [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] claiming UKIP are worse than ISIS, [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] saying if the Krays were still around the migrant problem would be 'dealt with', [MENTION=12211]The Spanish[/MENTION] putting something cryptic and saying that if we get out of the EU then Saltdean Lido can be rebuilt, [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] claiming that the EU is undemocratic and cutting and pasting three links from The Guardian, The Telegraph and a blog from someone in Utah to prove it, [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] saying that he saw a Polish morris dancer last week and that's proof that British culture is being diluted, [MENTION=277]looney[/MENTION] linking the EU to a conspiracy theory cell from the US that claim that Bulgarian electricians were responsible for 9/11 whilst sending benefits back toi Sofia and [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] linking UKIP to Hitler's DNA and saying did anyone know he had a fit girlfriend from the Czech republic .

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
I have never met a Brighton fan in real life, at least not one who admitted as much. The most intimately I've been acquainted with them is when I was a young lad visiting the Goldstone, whereupon they must have got wind of my father's miserly pocket money allowance, because scores of 50 pence pieces rained down on my head.

I have never forgotten this kindness, and it remains the single most significant driver of my everlasting fondness of the club

Funny, I thought that in your day they were ten oiib notes....

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
If the armies in 1914 could suspend hostilities for 24 hours, let's prove we can do the same on NSC today. It would be great to have a binfest free zone.

If you choose not to, then expect a 14 day holiday from the board.

Only an imbecile would believe the propaganda today about the ubiquitous nature of the 1914 "truce".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/...rman-snipers-killed-two-British-soldiers.html

Any view why it didn't happen at all the following 3 years?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
The ball went into a neighbour's garden and they were waiting for the neighbour to give it back?

With no link to back it up, how do I know that view is not the ramblings of an imbecile?

You don't need to respond.........in the spirit of the truce, Merry Christmas.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Only an imbecile would believe the propaganda today about the ubiquitous nature of the 1914 "truce".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/...rman-snipers-killed-two-British-soldiers.html

Any view why it didn't happen at all the following 3 years?

Leaving this specific truce aside, the experience of the war along the Western front was markedly different for many troops, dependent on location, the regiment the soldier was in or was facing, the commanding officers, and numerous other factors.

Some soldiers were embroiled in horrific battles on an almost daily basis, other soldiers didn't see any action for months or even years at a time. At places on the front, the trenches were mere feet away. They could smell what the enemy were cooking, hear their conversations etc. for some of the more professional units, every opportunity was taken to commence hostilities. But for many soldiers on both sides who really didn't want to die in the corner of a foreign field, survival was their main concern. They would throw secret notes to each other, tipping off the times of the next artillery attack in the hope that such intel would be returned in a reciprocal survival pact.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I have never met a Brighton fan in real life, at least not one who admitted as much. The most intimately I've been acquainted with them is when I was a young lad visiting the Goldstone, whereupon they must have got wind of my father's miserly pocket money allowance, because scores of 50 pence pieces rained down on my head.

I have never forgotten this kindness, and it remains the single most significant driver of my everlasting fondness of the club

It just showed how honest we were, you threw your pegs, which you had lovingly carved on your caravan steps, at us so we paid you for them.
You never did throw the change back.....tight gits.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
SΕ«ΓΎseaxna
*** Is this the Official Christmas Thread? ***

β–’β–ˆβ–€β–„β–€β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€ β–ˆβ–€β–€β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€β–ˆ β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆ
β–’β–ˆβ–’β–ˆβ–’β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€ β–ˆβ–„β–„β–€ β–ˆβ–„β–„β–€ β–ˆβ–„β–„β–ˆ
β–’β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–’β–ˆ β–€β–€β–€ β–€β–‘β–€β–€ β–€β–‘β–€β–€ β–„β–„β–„β–ˆ

β–’β–ˆβ–€β–€β–ˆ β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€β–ˆ β–‘β–€β–‘ β–ˆβ–€β–€ β–€β–€β–ˆβ–€β–€ β–ˆβ–€β–„β–€β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€β–ˆ β–ˆβ–€β–€
β–’β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘ β–ˆβ–€β–€β–ˆ β–ˆβ–„β–„β–€ β–€β–ˆβ–€ β–€β–€β–ˆ β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘ β–ˆβ–‘β–€β–‘β–ˆ β–ˆβ–„β–„β–ˆ β–€β–€β–ˆ
β–’β–ˆβ–„β–„β–ˆ β–€β–‘β–‘β–€ β–€β–‘β–€β–€ β–€β–€β–€ β–€β–€β–€ β–‘β–‘β–€β–‘β–‘ β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€ β–€β–‘β–‘β–€ β–€β–€β–€

╔═══╗ β™ͺ
β•‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘ β™«
β•‘ (●) β™«
β•šβ•β•β•β•β™ͺβ™ͺ

β™₯ ♦ ♣ β™ 

Ϋ©​

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here