Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Intriguing time-waster

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
8432 not helped at all by picking Spain instead of Mexico for one. I’m going to have to forget this exists when I get to the office

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You get placed in a random spot in the world in Google Earth/Maps, and you have to figure out where you are by walking around in Street View. It can sometimes be difficult to even pick the right continent, and you get points for how close your guess is to the actual location.

What's your best guess?

www.Geoguessr.com

I've thought it before and I'm thinking it now; you have too much time on your hands, mon vieux :lolol::kiss:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
20,497 - If you can find a road sign it helps massively, I found a sign in the desert which said "Tomb" so I guessed Egypt and got lucky. I also got lucky when I was stuck somewhere I couldn't move anywhere, chose middle England and it was Denmark so not much mileage loss

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Nice one Bozza :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 11-08-18 at 09.01 AM.JPG
    Screen Shot 11-08-18 at 09.01 AM.JPG
    385.5 KB · Views: 292

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I take it people are sleuthing on the internet from road signs etc rather than just guessing??

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
what a great game we should do an NSC challenge i got 10886

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Round 1: scrubland in South Australia. I guessed South Africa
Round 2: northern Sweden, I guessed Iceland
Round 3: got really lucky here. On a road that was clearly in North America, I clicked up the road and the sign was in French. clearly Quebec.
Round 4: could have been anywhere. Guessed Germany, was Finland
Round 5: guessed France, was Argentina!!

6766 points. Will be doing that more often methinks.

Would have been

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
What are the rules?
Dumped twice on roads that went for miles so guessed Australia. Half the globe out. Then I sort of cheated and 'walked' around to find road signs and by the last map I was spot on.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I seem to get dumped on unpaved country lanes most of the time, seemingly miles from anywhere.

I was put next to a broken bridge with a load of jeeps surrounding me, I went up the dust track for a few miles and spotted a sign which was either Spanish or Mexican, I plumped for the latter and got really lucky.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I am USELESS at geography but apparently I'm good at thinking "that looks like a Peruvian bloke"

Round 1 - I said Montana US, it was Oregon. Based that on a Toyota pick up
Round 2 - I said Brazil, It was Venezuela. Based on a bloke on a bike
Round 3 - I said Brazil, it was about 1km away. Based on a kid kicking a football (genuine)
Round 4 - I said Romania, I was about 2km out.......based on a bloke carrying a bag.
Round 5 - AND MY GRAND FINALE....I said Australia based on a tree........it was Pheonix :lolol:

Damn

Finished on 9712.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here