Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But as any one of the 3 Leave voters left on this thread will tell you our sovereignty is priority at all costs. Ignoring the fact that we never lost sovereignty , we are on our way, apparently.

Genuinely sorry to hear about your business troubles. I imagine this sort of thing is happening up and down the country. I really do wish the leave voters had thought a bit more about their vote. All so unnecessary too.

I'm sure they will claim they did think about it and decided it was worth it in the end. At what point will that defence crumble? It's starting to look downright silly as it is.

They may think it’s worth it, but it’s most likely not their businesses and livelihoods which are being gambled with. This is certainly the case with at least three Brexiteers on this thead as they’re pensioners.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are you really trying to suggest that we (the collective we) know more about healthcare than trained professionals? The “we’ve has enough of experts” mentality right there... assuming that’s what you’re getting at...

Ha ha. I have previous with [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] on health. It was quite a comical exchange. He was talking bollocks about something he clearly knew **** all about and it was so obvious he was Googling on the topic, and confusing himself, as we swopped posts.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
So the people’s vote is really the corporate globalist Tory capitalist vote.........thanks for letting me know.

You misunderstand. It's simply that the millions suggesting a public vote on the choices now apparent have now been joined by the leaders of companies employing hundreds of thousands more. Incidentally, I believe that every Labour constituency in the country now has a majority in favour of a further referendum. If we're not there yet we seem to be heading for a situation where most people would like such a vote.

Tell me. Would it be technically possible for people espousing the views of the majority to be catagorised as undemocratic?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Coming from one of the thread's greatest abusers that's a bit rich. But not to worry - point me towards an example of me abusing people for holding different views to mine on this (or any other) subject. Or rubbishing the UK for that matter.

Try to do it without the usual dreary undemocratic weasel loon morons stuff if you can.

Greatest abusers!! ... calling out undemocratic loons and demolishing their woefully inadequate arguments isn't 'abuse' dear boy.

You seem to have assumed I was referring to you ... (I can understand why) but please see the 'nearly all' caveat. Your main argumentative faults are merely limited to continual misrepresentation and ignoring the largest democratic event in UK history. Btw didn't you call someone a two-bit liar?

Claiming some sort of victim of abuse status, whilst banging on about the single virtue of Brexit, i.e. it was decided democratically, and calling anyone who wants to democratically decide if we should go ahead before it is too late to turn back, an undemocratic loon, is a bit incongruous don't ya fink?

Never claimed to be a victim, quite happy to give as good as I get on here .. for victim status see the Impster who swoons into a feint every time anyone says boo to him. Single virtue of Brexit? I would say Crippling your dream of seeing us subsumed into a federalist superstate (without any specific democratic mandate) is quite a plus.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I have never heard the BMA and Lancet say "you can have Brexit or the NHS. You CANT have both".
Its such a ridiculous thing to say (they would be laughed out of town) i can only believe this is something that is said in the twitter universe for people like you to believe that its possible and then to parrot it forward.
How project fruitcake and desperately running out of ideas do you have to be to believe that when we Brexit and leave the EU we CANT have an NHS anymore.
We had an NHS before we joined the EU and we will have an NHS after we leave the EU.

There are not enough hats

Using tweets from Alistair Campbell must be a new low on here. Although amusing/nauseating seeing Campbell of all people also bigging up a 'peoples vote' and the significance of that march considering his views on referenda and his Iraq war-related past ...

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You misunderstand. It's simply that the millions suggesting a public vote on the choices now apparent have now been joined by the leaders of companies employing hundreds of thousands more. Incidentally, I believe that every Labour constituency in the country now has a majority in favour of a further referendum. If we're not there yet we seem to be heading for a situation where most people would like such a vote.

Tell me. Would it be technically possible for people espousing the views of the majority to be catagorised as undemocratic?

Millions suggesting a public vote?Leaders of companies employing hundreds of thousands?How about the many more millions who don't want another vote?How about the leaders of the other more than 4,000 large employers who haven't signed a letter to the Times?How about the tail stop trying to wag the dog?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
You don't really understand things do you.

What I understand is that the Brexit referendum was based on a turnout that missed the record turnout for any election etc. by 0.01%.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...or-eu-referendum-vote-could-break-uk-records/

I conclude therefore that “the people” voted in that referendum.

If the bosses of big global businesses want to lobby for a 2nd election, that’s fine, however let’s not have that objective hidden behind a vague reference to the people.

It would be much better that we called them what they are, predominantly multi millionaire, capitalist Tories.

You need to choose what side you are on........

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Brexit has completed screwed our small business, infact we're discussing winding it down. Most of our customers were in Europe where they are actually still happy to pay for good workmanship, happy to get a good English engine builder for their competitive English race car, but now they don't want to know us, our orders are nearly non existent, when usually over winter we have rebuild after rebuild. As for UK customers most want to screw us down on price and then when they blow up an engine throw their lawyers at us, to compensate for their inability to drive...Odd that they wax lyrical about Brexit saving our jobs and our english companies....anyone who voted Brexit and didn't think about this type of thing really needs their 2 brain cells examined...

That’s a shame, but then under our capitalist system businesses have gone bust because of the EU and not because of the EU.......no one cried for the hundreds of thousands lost jobs in industries decimated by quotas and CAP (fishing and sugar spring to mind) and equally we are seeing the losses of tens of thousands of retail jobs due to the rise of online shopping.

It was ever thus, adapt or die.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Are you really trying to suggest that we (the collective we) know more about healthcare than trained professionals? The “we’ve has enough of experts” mentality right there... assuming that’s what you’re getting at...

Are these health professionals experts in healthcare or politics?

I don’t doubt they are experts in healthcare, but they are not politicians.

Healthcare experts giving their opinions on politics are no different from the likes of Bono or Chris Martin espousing their political prejudice under the cloak of objectivity.

Don’t get me wrong I would completely accept Bono’s superiority on matters such as singing, otherwise the value of his views on global politics are no different than mine, so like these Doctors he can f@cking do one.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Yay. He’s back. Ah yes, I remember, we’re all “Tory shills”. If you could also knock off your other repeat posts (you know, the transit van one, the one about sugar), tell us multiple times you’re a working class by from Moulscoomb and throw in a few badly translated German slurs we can all move on quickly.

PS always up for a chat on pharmacovigilance though, remember? :lolol:

So, no change since my ban on here........I will expect a death threat from you in due course.

Danke.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Are these health professionals experts in healthcare or politics?

I don’t doubt they are experts in healthcare, but they are not politicians.

Healthcare experts giving their opinions on politics are no different from the likes of Bono or Chris Martin espousing their political prejudice under the cloak of objectivity.

Don’t get me wrong I would completely accept Bono’s superiority on matters such as singing, otherwise the value of his views on global politics are no different than mine, so like these Doctors he can f@cking do one.

But then you went and ignored the experts in international politics and trade relations :rolleyes:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Death threat? Drama queen.

I still don’t know why I was banned from the Brexit or Trump threads, I know what you were banned for.

If I’m genuinely a drama queen, your contribution to this thread this morning certainly puts you into a realm of your own you gross frau’s kindel you......

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What I understand is that the Brexit referendum was based on a turnout that missed the record turnout for any election etc. by 0.01%.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...or-eu-referendum-vote-could-break-uk-records/

I conclude therefore that “the people” voted in that referendum.

If the bosses of big global businesses want to lobby for a 2nd election, that’s fine, however let’s not have that objective hidden behind a vague reference to the people.

It would be much better that we called them what they are, predominantly multi millionaire, capitalist Tories.

You need to choose what side you are on........

I don't need to "choose a side", I am looking at this purely economically and I care not who they vote for . Do I want capitalists running business in the UK? Yes.

But I come at this from a realistic viewpoint and not some airy fairy, dreaming of the church spires and a return to the Empire fantasy that you obviously subscribe to.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I still don’t know why I was banned from the Brexit or Trump threads, I know what you were banned for.

If I’m genuinely a drama queen, your contribution to this thread this morning certainly puts you into a realm of your own you gross frau’s kindel you......

Grow up. I have not given you a death threat. Had I done so, I’m pretty certain I would not be able to type these words right now. So please stop fabricating stuff. I can roll with the badly translated German (kindel?) but lying about someone threatening you is quite different....not to mention libellous.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
But then you went and ignored the experts in international politics and trade relations :rolleyes:

Well, let’s be clear, I don’t trust politicians, they have an agenda.

It’s why we are in the EU in the first place, Ted Heath and Pompidou came to an agreement back in the early 70s about how to create the environment that would lead to the UK’s accession to the EEC.

Ted Heath never told the public or his own pro EEC fellow travellers in the Tory Party that (say) the single currency was part of the journey for members of the EEC. This duplicity was never widely known although the Labour Party when it had a spine opposed membership for many of the reasons that have since come to pass, not least the British working class being thrown to the dogs on the alter of global capitalism.

So, sure there are experts in many different aspects of international politics and trade, I’m sure back in the 70s they said everything would be great and no one would lose their jobs (in say the U.K. fishing industry). But they did, so their predictions we’re wrong.

Healthy cynicism you see........that’s what you learn after a few decades in understanding how U.K. and global politics work in practice.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well, let’s be clear, I don’t trust politicians, they have an agenda.

It’s why we are in the EU in the first place, Ted Heath and Pompidou came to an agreement back in the early 70s about how to create the environment that would lead to the UK’s accession to the EEC.

Ted Heath never told the public or his own pro EEC fellow travellers in the Tory Party that (say) the single currency was part of the journey for members of the EEC. This duplicity was never widely known although the Labour Party when it had a spine opposed membership for many of the reasons that have since come to pass, not least the British working class being thrown to the dogs on the alter of global capitalism.

So, sure there are experts in many different aspects of international politics and trade, I’m sure back in the 70s they said everything would be great and no one would lose their jobs (in say the U.K. fishing industry). But they did, so their predictions we’re wrong.

Healthy cynicism you see........that’s what you learn after a few decades in understanding how U.K. and global politics work in practice.

Can you explain how we can compete in a global market if we don't have business that runs on a capitalist system?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Grow up. I have not given you a death threat. Had I done so, I’m pretty certain I would not be able to type these words right now. So please stop fabricating stuff. I can roll with the badly translated German (kindel?) but lying about someone threatening you is quite different....not to mention libellous.

schließe dein cakehole du große große deutsche dramakönigin ......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here