Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to change our away tactics?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Albion legends such as Stephens, Groß & Murray are fantastic at home but should CH be dropping them for away matches where we have a realistic chance of a win due to their lack of pace (and attacking intent with Stephens)??

Looking at the way B’muff break with mass bodies and incredible pace, should we be emulating that?

We have the personnel in Locadia, Andone, Izquierdo, Ali-J, Kayal & Knockeart who have great pace and attacking verve.

Maybe save the family jewels for the Amex?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Id love to see us more adventurous away from home against the teams outside the top 6, and we certainly have the personnel to be. Newcastle haven't won a game yet so their confidence will be fragile, I'd be really disappointed if we deploy the same old tired away tactics and allow them to settle into the game nicely with loads of possession

Edit: i wouldn't drop Murray though...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
VxVMFYE-KletMxFxXQKJmaGyhQT7qKTQwb1ieY0gJss.jpg

:shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Albion legends such as Stephens, Groß & Murray are fantastic at home but should CH be dropping them for away matches where we have a realistic chance of a win due to their lack of pace (and attacking intent with Stephens)??

Looking at the way B’muff break with mass bodies and incredible pace, should we be emulating that?

We have the personnel in Locadia, Andone, Izquierdo, Ali-J, Kayal & Knockeart who have great pace and attacking verve.

Drop Murray as well then....jury is still out on Locadia re ''great pace and attacking verve''....as regards to Andone hes yet to even a minute in the PL, so a bit of an unknown....out of the ones you quote I'd say Izzy is the only one with ''great pace''

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011

Albion legends such as Stephens and Gross. Are you being serious?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Quite frankly the points return can’t get any worse by trying something different. The starting point should be having a real go at Newcastle. As much as I loathe Smug Eddie the way he has set up his team has a lot to admire about it. Bournemouth are a fantastic counter attacking side and have a number of players that can break at speed. We can play this way and have the players to do. I agree with the OP. I think this is the next step to progressing in this division, being able to pick up 4 or more away wins whilst maintaining a good home record

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Albion legends such as Stephens and Gross. Are you being serious?

I think Stephens being a vital part of our promotion team could put him in the Albion Legend bracket. Bit early for Gross, but he was player of the season in our first ever appearance in the Premier League, so he's not far off.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Fair point regarding Stephens although I'd expect not to see him feature in an All Time Albion XI - nor Gross. Murray I would expect to feature.
I think Stephens being a vital part of our promotion team could put him in the Albion Legend bracket. Bit early for Gross, but he was player of the season in our first ever appearance in the Premier League, so he's not far off.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Quite frankly the points return can’t get any worse by trying something different. The starting point should be having a real go at Newcastle. As much as I loathe Smug Eddie the way he has set up his team has a lot to admire about it. Bournemouth are a fantastic counter attacking side and have a number of players that can break at speed. We can play this way and have the players to do. I agree with the OP. I think this is the next step to progressing in this division, being able to pick up 4 or more away wins whilst maintaining a good home record
If Watford could finish yesterday Bmuff wouldnof been 2-0 down early doors they went the same way at Burnley, they aren’t that great

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
No point dropping Murray if Jose plays - Murray will be the main beneficiary from Jose's attacking intent, it seemed to be that way last season anyway.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can understand setting up ultra defensively for games at the Etihad and Anfield but if we keep playing for a 2 goal defeat at lesser teams, I am going to have to reduce my number of away games.

I am getting a little fed up with hardly any shots and no goals for.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No point dropping Murray if Jose plays - Murray will be the main beneficiary from Jose's attacking intent, it seemed to be that way last season anyway.

I’m only really advocating dropping Murray from the starting line-up for around 10 away games. Thought the rest he got at City did him the world of good vs West Ham. I don’t think he is a 38+ games a season man now - he should be brought out on special occasions like a fine scotch whisky. Let’s try and get at least another season out of him.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Time to change the away tactics
We must have a go
We must have a go
We must have a go
We must have a go

We have more repeats than Gold, it's getting boring.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Play 4-2-3-1

I think the attacking line up from Friday, ie Murray up top, then Ali J, Solly and Knocky interchanging behind should give us quite a threat on the counter. Clearly, Izquierdo will now challenge for one of these places.

Yes, we'll concede a few. But if anyone can name the last time we played well playing 4-3-3 .... I'll be impressed with their memory

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We must have a go
We must have a go
We must have a go
We must have a go

We have more repeats than Gold, it's getting boring.
Almost as boring as no away wins since goodness knows when.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here