Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion 2 Bristol Rovers 8

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
That still hurts. Am I right in thinking it was a Sunday game? I remember getting home to Billingshurst in the evening and my Mum and step-father knew the score. Neither had the slightest interest in the Albion, it was weird to hear them talking about the game. 1-5 at half time if my memory serves me right?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Wasn’t that match the weekend before we lost 4-0 at home to Walton &Hersham in the FA Cup during the miners strike?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
That still hurts. Am I right in thinking it was a Sunday game? I remember getting home to Billingshurst in the evening and my Mum and step-father knew the score. Neither had the slightest interest in the Albion, it was weird to hear them talking about the game. 1-5 at half time if my memory serves me right?

According to 11v11 it was played on Saturday 1st December 1973.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Horrible cold day. Pretty miserable to watch too! In some ways it didn't seem as one-sided as the score suggests - it was just that every time Bristol Rovers attacked, they scored. I don't think they did match stats back then - they would make interesting reading.

Still got the programme somewhere.............................

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The gallows humour of the Chicken Run: at 1-7 singing "we want 2!". From memory, very few left early. Today, the majority would be chuntering on the train by the time the 5th went in.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
At least we got to see some goals after two 0-0 draws at home following Clough and Taylor joining

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
The gallows humour of the Chicken Run: at 1-7 singing "we want 2!". From memory, very few left early. Today, the majority would be chuntering on the train by the time the 5th went in.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And the North Stand jumping up and down when they scored more goals. Drafty trip home for their fans though with their coach windows smashed at the Greyhound Stadium.

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
Horrible cold day. Pretty miserable to watch too! In some ways it didn't seem as one-sided as the score suggests - it was just that every time Bristol Rovers attacked, they scored. I don't think they did match stats back then - they would make interesting reading.

Still got the programme somewhere.............................

Cold but sunny, smash n grab sent a chill up the spine every time they counter attacked

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I went with my mate and his Dad,----------who was a Bristol Rovers fan.

I didn't say much on the way home.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I do seem to remember shaking my head and laughing a lot.....Waltham and Hersam on the Wednesday following , afternoon kick off due to power restrictions and we lost 4-0. Gwylan and I managed to negotiate getting off PE at school if I remember right and we walked to the Goldstone for an afternoon kick off (nae floodlights). Yet more head shaking and laughing lots.......

It's been upwards ever since hasn't it? :)

TNBA

TTF

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Weekend AFTER

24 Nov 73 v Walton & Hersham A 0-0
28 Nov 73 v Walton & Hersham H 0-4
1 Dec 73 v Bristol Rovers H 2-8

Not our best week

Thanks. I bow to your greater knowledge. I’d always thought the BR match came first. Doesn’t make it any better!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here