Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Easter Bunny CD 2015

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Still not received mine yet, I'm hopefully looking forward to a mid-morning treat tomorrow :)

DavePage

I neither confirm nor deny unofficial guesses. At least not until the track listing has been revealed....

View attachment 61160

View attachment 61159
View attachment 61161
Ok if this doesn't work I'll have to wait for the iMac to return.
Front cover, intriguing Santa but no real clue to me.
The track listing was separated in an envelope, so went in blind.
Track one, thought I knew it but no, hadn't heard the prodigy version before.
In fact the whole CD I had, never heard of the song or by that particular artiste before, expecting the last track of course.
On the first play my least favourite track was that of Tom Waits, because of the distorted guitar....now it's the bit I like.
my favourite by far, right from the beginning was the Soulsavers track (had to go out and get more, you could have chosen any track from that album and would have been hooked). Had always liked Depeche Mode but was unaware of his more recent stuff. Thanks for opening my ears.
Toxic made me think of the dam busters and the irony of having to change the dogs name.
Photosynthesis summed me up.
Some tracks I couldn't even begin to describe what style of music it was, but I liken it to going to your first decent curry house (of which they don't have many in Canada), you go in blindly but if your lucky enough to go with an experienced diner you get to explore so many new different but equally wonderful flavours.
I listen to the CD all the time I'm driving, the track selections were great. There's not one track that I would fast forward. In fact the listing works so well it can go from Fat Boy and then prodigy, and then I'm off again.

I have searched though this board for hours trying to get clues as to who would choose these tracks, but well done you, you have covered your track well.
Then I got got to thinking, what if Santa was trying to second guess what I would like to hear?
It was so disappointing not to get one last year, but you Santa have made up for it.
thank you for making and taking the trouble to send it to Canada and Los taking the trouble to hide the track listing and writing a personal message in a card. You have done the NSC proud.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
. tinycowboy I neither confirm nor deny unofficial guesses. At least not until the track listing has been revealed....

View attachment 61160

View attachment 61159
View attachment 61161
Ok if this doesn't work I'll have to wait for the iMac to return.
Front cover, intriguing Santa but no real clue to me.
The track listing was separated in an envelope, so went in blind.
Track one, thought I knew it but no, hadn't heard the prodigy version before.
In fact the whole CD I had, never heard of the song or by that particular artiste before, expecting the last track of course.
On the first play my least favourite track was that of Tom Waits, because of the distorted guitar....now it's the bit I like.
my favourite by far, right from the beginning was the Soulsavers track (had to go out and get more, you could have chosen any track from that album and would have been hooked). Had always liked Depeche Mode but was unaware of his more recent stuff. Thanks for opening my ears.
Toxic made me think of the dam busters and the irony of having to change the dogs name.
Photosynthesis summed me up.
Some tracks I couldn't even begin to describe what style of music it was, but I liken it to going to your first decent curry house (of which they don't have many in Canada), you go in blindly but if your lucky enough to go with an experienced diner you get to explore so many new different but equally wonderful flavours.
I listen to the CD all the time I'm driving, the track selections were great. There's not one track that I would fast forward. In fact the listing works so well it can go from Fat Boy and then prodigy, and then I'm off again.

I have searched though this board for hours trying to get clues as to who would choose these tracks, but well done you, you have covered your track well.
Then I got got to thinking, what if Santa was trying to second guess what I would like to hear?
It was so disappointing not to get one last year, but you Santa have made up for it.
thank you for making and taking the trouble to send it to Canada and Los taking the trouble to hide the track listing and writing a personal message in a card. You have done the NSC proud.

I would say almost certainly NOT [MENTION=12196]tinycowboy[/MENTION]

DavePage

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 164
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Mine arrived this morning. just from the outside it's put my effort to shame, even the disk itself is properly printed (I think I'm looking for a santa with a lightscribe burner).
Playing it now, track 1, the Ruts - Babylons Burning. Can it get any better ?

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Christmas Eve update

So far:

Received, reviewed (Correctly guessed sender)
[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] (Theatre of Trees)
[MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] (deletebeepbeepbeep)
[MENTION=13836]deletebeepbeepbeep[/MENTION] (Hans Kraay Fan Club)
[MENTION=2351]m20gull[/MENTION] (Guinness Boy)

Received, reviewed, not yet guessed
[MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15464]DavePage[/MENTION]

Received but yet to review
[MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19864]Flex Your Head[/MENTION]
[MENTION=468]somerset[/MENTION]
[MENTION=14921]spring hall convert[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13947]happypig[/MENTION]
[MENTION=260]sully[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21502]Razzoo[/MENTION]
[MENTION=17286]Gordon Bennett[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION]

Status unknown - yet to receive
[MENTION=26695]Mowgli37[/MENTION]
[MENTION=12196]tinycowboy[/MENTION] *
[MENTION=2040]Staly[/MENTION] **
[MENTION=15311]The Buttery Biscuit Base[/MENTION] *
[MENTION=27736]SouthCoastOwl[/MENTION] *

* I've had confirmation that the CD is in the post - most will probably arrive after Christmas now.
** CD delayed until after New Year due to unforeseen circumstances - as such I'll put back revealing the list for another week or so.

I've still not heard from two people.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I can confirm I've had mine, not had chance to listen yet. On first glance of the playlist i think there are a couple of bands I've heard of but there is a lot of new stuff for me to hopefully enjoy.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Just had an idea, after New Year I'm going to collate a play list containing one track from everyone's CD then stick it on Mixcloud so everybody can access it - any thoughts?

Each track will be your favourite from the CD you received.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My Review.

Santa left it late, but the CD turned up on Christmas Eve. Santa's clearly made an effort :
IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

And so to the tunes:

1. Babylon's Burning by the Ruts - A very good start. The Ruts are always a winner with me.
2. Chelsea Girl - Simple Minds. I quite like Simple Minds but this isn't one of thier best.
3. Oh what a world - Rufus Wainright. I found this a "bit of a dirge" according to my notes.
4. Bitterman - Soulsavers. Not heard of them before. Quite a big sound
5. Sock it to em JB - Rex Gavin. Another new one on me. Very jolly. Can't beat a good horn at Christmas.
6. The dead next door - Billy Idol. Never head this before. Bit "meh" about it.
7.Whar I've done - Linkin Park. In my notes I wrote "Green Day?". Similar sound. Quite like it. Will listen to more of them.
8. Thanks you - Alanis Morisette. I don't really listen to her but this is OK. I might try some of her stuff.
9. Still Life - Suede. Not for me, a bit too over-produced.
10. The Universal - Blur. Blur are a bit hot and cold for me. This one's cold I'm afraid. On the upside it reminded me I need to get my boiler serviced.
11. Germ Free Adolescents - X-ray Spex. Lovely tune. Mrs H shouted "what's this shit ?" and I can assure you there's no finer accolade. I've got the vinyl somewhere.
12. Love Reign o'er me - The Who. It's the Who. You can't go wrong with them. Ever.
13. Seagull - Bad Company. Haven't heard this for ages. Must dig out some BC cds and have another listen.
14. Hallelujah - Rufus Wainright. My notes say "NO ! Just NO". Awful song, I absolutely hate it.
15. Bangers, Beans and Mash - Infant sorrow. Brit-popp-y sort of sound. Bit too heavily produced for my liking.
16 Theme from Midnight Cowboy - Larry Adler. Yeah, this is a nice, lazy (in a good way) end to an interesting hour of listening.

Overall an enjoyable CD (Apart from track 14). Many thanks to my santa. I have no idea who it is but well played.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just had an idea, after New Year I'm going to collate a play list containing one track from everyone's CD then stick it on Mixcloud so everybody can access it - any thoughts?

Each track will be your favourite from the CD you received.

That's a great idea. Think you are the obvious choice for managing next years Secret Santa having done this one so expertly! :clap::clap::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here