Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The establishment and historic child sex abuse

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Seems to me there's selective focus also. Seems to be currently on family entertainers and politicos, rather than pop groups/rock bands of the time and their underage groupies. For instance, I'm currently reading 'Hammer Of The Gods - Unauthorised Biography of Led Zeppelin' which comes right out and names names and ages. Are the bands of the time going to all be prosecuted also? Or does it make it alright because the victims were throwing themselves at the bands?

I guess it depends if any of the groupies now decided that they are victims

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I can't help feeling it's not co-incidental that the enquiry into the press, and the prosecution of Murdoch's chief staff has now drawn to its inevitable conclusion.

Sensitive information can be used in a variety of ways to compromise security, and ultimately gain financial advantage.

It's no wonder they didn't want an independent regulatory body if they knew all this was being sat on

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Lady Butler Sloss to head UK government inquiry into historical child abuse claims, BBC understands http://bbc.in/1jl0tKe

She famously looked after the Diana inquest. Seems to be the definition of safe pair of establishment hands.

We'll see.

This women has already been accused of covering up for the Bishops abusing young boys in previous enquiries. It needs a full independent review by people who have no involvement with the establishment or politics. To use an 80 year old baroness who has already had accusations of an inaccurate/coverup investigation involving a child abuse report in the past completely stinks in my book.

"The BBC's Colin Campbell investigates serious errors, inaccuracies and falsehoods in the Butler-Sloss inquiry"

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This women has already been accused of covering up for the Bishops abusing young boys in previous enquiries. It needs a full independent review by people who have no involvement with the establishment or politics. To use an 80 year old baroness who has already had accusations of an inaccurate/coverup investigation involving a child abuse report in the past completely stinks in my book.

"The BBC's Colin Campbell investigates serious errors, inaccuracies and falsehoods in the Butler-Sloss inquiry"

This needs tweeting to journo's quick!

It's unbelievable that she would be appointed after this.

And this is the BBC's own investigation. how can they not say anything?

Last edited:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
This needs tweeting to journo's quick!

It's unbelievable that she would be appointed after this.

And this is the BBC's own investigation. how can they not say anything?

Doesn't fill you with too much confidence does it. Not being ageist (or maybe I am) but surely an 80 year old is not going to be as sharp or inquisitive as someone slightly less mature. Experience is one thing but surely an 80 yr old is extreme. Be interesting to see who she has in her team.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The good thing here is that child abuse is SUCH a taboo and the genie is so far out of the bottle that we aren't going to let this lie. If they even try to keep a lid on this, bring it on. I'm up for a fight.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
...her late brother, Sir Michael Havers, was Attorney General in the 1980s...

Sir Michael faced criticism after he sought to stop Tory MP Geoffrey Dickens from naming in Parliament a top diplomat - Sir Peter Hayman - as a paedophile in the early 1980s...

...Mr Danczuk, who has investigated child sex abuse allegations against former Liberal MP Cyril Smith, said the revelations of a family connection with Sir Michael meant Lady Butler-Sloss' position was compromised.

"I think the government should think again in terms of who they have appointed for this position," he said.

"I think she should consider her position. I find it quite surprising that neither she nor the government realised her relationship with her brother was connected to Geoffrey Dickens.

"It beggars belief that that wasn't considered in the first place."...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28225043

----------------------------

Unbelievable.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
According to someone just interviewed in Westminister, The dossier was copied multiple times, copied inside Whitehall, and has been read by multiple people, and those who read it had to sign the Official Secrets Act, and are not currently allowed to speak.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
In 1991 while I was editor of a small Scottish weekly newspaper a friend called Bill Hodgson, who was a Tory parliamentary candidate (a good guy for a Tory), was chatting privately to me about the Harvey Proctor MP court case and the BrassEye satirical piece on fellow MP Gerald Howarth, when he suddenly mentioned to me a VERY high profile Tory cabinet minister and close friend of Thatcher, who he said had "an unhealthy interest in young boys". He said it was about time the party dealt with its paedophiles rather than mod edit: redacted. Bill was deselected by the party the following year for blowing the whistle on other dirty tricks by the Tory Party and the Establishment - including a late first cousin of the Queen! Mod edit: last sentence redacted.

Mod edit: In my opinion the post, left as it was, too clearly identified the person to whom your friend who you say was talking to you privately (my emphasis) about. It was clear to me to whom you were referring, and, therefore, would also be clear to that individual and/or that individual's lawyers. Please be careful about posting potentially libellous stuff on NSC.

Last edited by a moderator:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
...her late brother, Sir Michael Havers, was Attorney General in the 1980s...

Sir Michael faced criticism after he sought to stop Tory MP Geoffrey Dickens from naming in Parliament a top diplomat - Sir Peter Hayman - as a paedophile in the early 1980s...

...Mr Danczuk, who has investigated child sex abuse allegations against former Liberal MP Cyril Smith, said the revelations of a family connection with Sir Michael meant Lady Butler-Sloss' position was compromised.

"I think the government should think again in terms of who they have appointed for this position," he said.

"I think she should consider her position. I find it quite surprising that neither she nor the government realised her relationship with her brother was connected to Geoffrey Dickens.

"It beggars belief that that wasn't considered in the first place."...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28225043

----------------------------

Unbelievable.

Jesus Christ. Doesn't the utter contempt the establishment treats us with make you want to break something.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
According to someone just interviewed in Westminister, The dossier was copied multiple times, copied inside Whitehall, and has been read by multiple people, and those who read it had to sign the Official Secrets Act, and are not currently allowed to speak.
And now that is why photocopies of pages from that dossier are circulating widely, while the Establishment would have us believe they have been lost. I have one such page in front of me as I type this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here