Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official 2014 CPFC managerial farce thread

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Can't disagree with the sentiment though!

"If preventing a goal-scoring opportunity is a straight red then trying to create one by cheating should be a straight red also,"
He said this after Zaha had left the club, but said nothing the previous season when Zaha was constantly throwing himself around in penalty boxes up and down the country.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
world beating zaha is back did very well at Man U I see .Thought he was the best ever!?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
He said this after Zaha had left the club, but said nothing the previous season when Zaha was constantly throwing himself around in penalty boxes up and down the country.

Still can't disagree with the sentiment though - if more chairmen and managers had a 'road to Damascus' moment and spoke out against diving and supporting harsher punishments for those who do we might just see less of it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Still can't disagree with the sentiment though - if more chairmen and managers had a 'road to Damascus' moment and spoke out against diving and supporting harsher punishments for those who do we might just see less of it.

The sentiment points to a basic philosophy of the rule makers: goals = excitement. Deliberately handling the ball to score a goal is a yellow card, but deliberately handling to prevent a goal is red. The benefit of the doubt with offside decisions is supposed to go with the attacking team, and so on.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A cloud [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] ?? Maybe one of boredom. The bbs away fans end is a desperately dull, never-ending cycle of petty squabbles and endlessly rehashed arguments. A complete borefest. I didn't leave. I just don't bother visiting.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
A cloud [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] ?? Maybe one of boredom. The bbs away fans end is a desperately dull, never-ending cycle of petty squabbles and endlessly rehashed arguments. A complete borefest. I didn't leave. I just don't bother visiting.

It was , it's got better once you flounced :flounce:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So, Parish promised a quick appointment of someone with Premier League experience. I don't think it's unfair to assume that he meant 'recent Premier League experience'.

And then he gave the job to a radio presenter?

Brilliant!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Be fair Bozza......he also had a page in the Football League paper...(a man of many talents)...before TP took the Palace job he wrote on his page...The reasons I didn't take the Palace job....oops!

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Winifred is only going back because he was on sale or return and I suspect that Colin is only going back to Palace because in true Yorkshire tight git fashion he left a packet of polos in his desk drawer and he's been fretting about losing them.

Nemesis Not too sure about that as our paths do not cross at present. If you go on on present situations, we enjoy a paid for, comfortable modern stadium with the excitement of the great possibility of a win/draw to enhance the possibility of promotion (and I am sure even you would agree that is why we go to football) whereas you turn up at a stone clad monstrosity hoping to get done less than three.

Enjoy.

Atmosphere at the Amex v Atmposhere at the polished old ground Selhurst = No contest, Even so the Amex 2 out of 3 brings great memories thanks to Bha I have a make me happy semi final dvd which I put on anytime I feel down about CPFC'S shenanigans :bowdown::D

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Atmosphere at the Amex v Atmposhere at the polished old ground Selhurst = No contest, Even so the Amex 2 out of 3 brings great memories thanks to Bha I have a make me happy semi final dvd which I put on anytime I feel down about CPFC'S shenanigans :bowdown::D

I should keep it out this season as I don't think you are going to have many high points. sorry did I mention points???

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Atmosphere at Selhurst was appalling. It improved when your plastics got interested.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yes but we don't all have a hypocritical chairman, who wants red cards brandished when his club is on the receiving end.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/crystal-palace-chairman-steve-parish-2277307

Parrish is right....... except he's just signed on loan one of the biggest divers in football and if his red card rules applied Wilf will be spending more time in the stands than on the pitch. Wilf may not be quite at the Ashley Young level yet but he's not far behind in the fling yourself to the floor with no contact, simulation club.

Zaha is a cheat

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Zaha is a cheat

He's got more talent in his big toe than you have in your entire squad.

Wilfried+Zaha+Brighton+Hove+Albion+v+Crystal+iorXoDdmtmgl.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here