Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
What logic are you talking about? I merely said mortgages would be more expensive and I called it right./QUOTE]

Given that interest rates were at record lows for years - even my 5 year old could guess they were going to go up.

I'm not intentionally slighting you (alone) by quoting you - you're all debating something pointless. Rates were going up whatever the result (eventually & brexit may have delayed their increase due to increased uncertainty)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Grow up. I can see why so many people put you on ignore. I've got better things to do than argue with a tosspot like you. I'm off to the beach. Layaz Playaz.

You are a disingenuous coward.

A loser and a liar as well.

A very poor human indeed.

If it wasn’t for Brexit he’d have nothing. His character is totally and utterly defined by it. I do wonder if he chose Brexit just so he could have some friends.

Friends? When did this happen?

Hmmmm ........

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Did I hear correctly that May was threatening to strop off if she lost an upcoming vote ? ???

Excellent news if true.

That's if they turn up for what is a non binding vote, they tend to do this if think they are going to suffer a defeat. With no majority this government have become seasoned pros at undermining democracy at every turn.

Meanwhile, another 3 defeats in Lords last night for the government, dark clouds on the horizon

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
That's if they turn up for what is a non binding vote, they tend to do this if think they are going to suffer a defeat. With no majority this government have become seasoned pros at undermining democracy at every turn.

Meanwhile, another 3 defeats in Lords last night for the government, dark clouds on the horizon

Dark clouds for the Downing Street cabal you'd think. Of course we can't be certain what will happen but the possibility that May is prepared to confront her Brexit ultras and cross her red line by remaining within a customs union seems to be gaining traction. Johnson told the Telegraph last week that if that happened there would be 'no point to Brexit'. How many billions have these Fruitcakes wasted so far? And now they're saying the whole charade could be pointless. J. Wept.

Jan 30, 2008
Dark clouds for the Downing Street cabal you'd think. Of course we can't be certain what will happen but the possibility that May is prepared to confront her Brexit ultras and cross her red line by remaining within a customs union seems to be gaining traction. Johnson told the Telegraph last week that if that happened there would be 'no point to Brexit'. How many billions have these Fruitcakes wasted so far? And now they're saying the whole charade could be pointless. J. Wept.
Keep clutching those straws
regards
DR

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's 'completely cretinous' too according to Mr Rees-Mogg, though he could have been just looking in the mirror I suppose and describing what he saw.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

The whole Government is a shambles from top to bottom, for years now they have stumbled from one disaster to another, with the Windrush debacle showing them up for what they truly are, totally unfit to Govern this country.
At such an important time, what had this country done to deserve this truly dreadful, weak, nasty and incompetent bunch of idiots.
Today, as well as being 1.7 trillion in debt, a free school has closed due to being totally useless and incompetent ,leaving 1400 kids with no school or trying to find spaces in other schools, just as they are doing GCSE.
Only to find out that these Gove backed schools are closing down everywhere.
Another one to add to the very long list of total failures by the Tories.
We have to do the right thing and call off Brexit now or at least give us the vote at the end, before this Government sends this country down the plug hole.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The whole Government is a shambles from top to bottom, for years now they have stumbled from one disaster to another, with the Windrush debacle showing them up for what they truly are, totally unfit to Govern this country.
At such an important time, what had this country done to deserve this truly dreadful, weak, nasty and incompetent bunch of idiots.
Today, as well as being 1.7 trillion in debt, a free school has closed due to being totally useless and incompetent ,leaving 1400 kids with no school or trying to find spaces in other schools, just as they are doing GCSE.
Only to find out that these Gove backed schools are closing down everywhere.
Another one to add to the very long list of total failures by the Tories.
We have to do the right thing and call off Brexit now or at least give us the vote at the end, before this Government sends this country down the plug hole.

.....or just get on and do Brexit and then turn everybody's full attention to putting all the other things right. Of course, without Brexit to blame, some people would be bereft, but, well, shame, eh?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's 'completely cretinous' too according to Mr Rees-Mogg, though he could have been just looking in the mirror I suppose and describing what he saw.

Talking about burning down the House of Lords now, PM material?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
.....or just get on and do Brexit and then turn everybody's full attention to putting all the other things right. Of course, without Brexit to blame, some people would be bereft, but, well, shame, eh?

As I have pointed out initially 2 years ago after the Original vote but still holding true, even though the timescale has now been extended to 5 years.

The Government is incapable of implementing Brexit in the agreed timescales.

Let's assume, to avoid arguments and ignoring all evidence to the contrary, that they manage to negotiate a brilliant deal in phase 2 :smile:

They will still not be able to implement it, there is insufficient time and resources. Just look up how the rollout of Universal Credits, a relatively simple set of changes, is going.

Tick Tock indeed :facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here