Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Safe Standing Petition

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
And he gave the reasons why he doesn't now want to stand but may have empathy with those that do because when he was able to stand at football he enjoyed it! Is that so hard to understand?
Not at all. I was just curious.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Prick. I never said that.

What you said and I quoted clearly showed that you didn’t understand why he would sign a petition supporting something that wouldn’t benefit him. I don’t think my interpretation of how that meant you’d act can have been far off the mark, or you’d have understood.

No need to be so impolite. I see you managed to be civil to others who pointed out the same thing.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
What you said and I quoted clearly showed that you didn’t understand why he would sign a petition supporting something that wouldn’t benefit him. I don’t think my interpretation of how that meant you’d act can have been far off the mark, or you’d have understood.

No need to be so impolite. I see you managed to be civil to others who pointed out the same thing.
You accused me of being part of a 'me me generation' which I am not and I took offence. It's as simple as that really. My question was fair enough. I only asked his reasons for signing it. I'm not looking to tear strips off him.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
As others have mentioned, I haven't received the e-mail to confirm the signing of the petition. Hmmmmm

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Signed but like some others please don't ask me to participate I like my padded seat!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can only think of spam/trash folders, no reason it shouldn't go through. Can you try it again with the same email or does it stop you doing so?

You can try it again and again, with the same result (or lack of result). And it isn't in the spam folder either.

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
Just wrote this out to local mp- if anyone wants to copy and edit bits. Fsf parliamentary meeting on Tuesday:

Dear Peter,

I hope you are well. I am a constituent residing in Hove.

I am writing to you with reference to the safe standing petition which has garnered over 100,000 signatures in the last two weeks alone and why I urge you to attend to FSF’s All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) meeting in Parliament on Tuesday 1st May (full details enclosed: http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/safe-standing-issue-heads-to-parliament-urge-your-mp-along.

The issue gained significant momentum following Tracey Crouch’s refusal to grant West Bromwich Albion a trial of rail-seating, however, as I spectator I have been campaigning on the issue for over ten years now.

The refusal to even grant a trial on the basis of safety illustrates the lack of knowledge the minister possesses on this issue. This is an issue affecting spectators who wish to sit as well as those who wish to stand- this is why I have been a supporter of the campaign for such a period.

I welcome you to attend a Brighton and Hove Albion away game- at which point you will note that all supporters are stood for the entirety of the match in spite of the legislation in place. I also welcome you to attend a Brighton and Hove Albion home game at which point you will note that the back rows of the North Stand of the stadium stand for either the entirety or large parts of the match.

In both instances above- supporters only have a seat in front of them to prevent from falling, whereas with safe standing, each supporter is allocated a rail seat which enables them to stand safely.

I have spoken to supporters who have told me that they are unable to attend away matches due to a medical need to be seated- which illustrates why this is an issue which affects all supporters, not merely a ‘vocal minority’ as voiced by Tracey Crouch.

This is not a return to terracing- nor is it a return to all standing grounds. However, safe standing areas in seater stadia are required to ensure that the safety of supporters standing in seated areas at present and to remove the difficulties faced by those who are unable to travel to away games due to medical conditions which mean they are unable to stand.

I would urge you to attend the parliamentary groups meeting on Tuesday to learn more about why the current situation is untenable and at the very least a trial of safe standing is urgently required to ensure the safety of supporters.

Many thanks,

Meeting details: APPG for Football Supporters - Standing coming to a ground near you? Tuesday 1st May, 6pm, Committee Room 16, Palace of Westminster.

Link: http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/safe-standing-issue-heads-to-parliament-urge-your-mp-along

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
It’s curious that the Government thinks it’s perfectly safe for me to currently be standing on an overcrowded train travelling at 80mph, but not safe for me to stand at a football match in an area designed for the purpose.
Would love to have the rationale explained to me.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It’s curious that the Government thinks it’s perfectly safe for me to currently be standing on an overcrowded train travelling at 80mph, but not safe for me to stand at a football match in an area designed for the purpose.
Would love to have the rationale explained to me.

Probably because Southern trains never reach 80mph

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The fact that terraces (not safe standing, but terraces) are still permitted in L1 and L2, but not in the Championship or Premier League just shows what an utterly facile position the government has adopted in this debate.

Are fans of L1 and L2 clubs and lower for some reason more EXPENDABLE than those who happen to support clubs in the higher leagues ? Its a nonsense.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I can tell you that I was in far more danger when Adam Virgo scored at Millwall than I was at Peterborough.

Safe standing should 100% be a choice for fans and clubs.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Parliament will debate this petition

Parliament will debate this petition on 25 June 2018.

You'll be able to watch online at parliamentlive.tv

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Parliament will debate this petition

Parliament will debate this petition on 25 June 2018.

You'll be able to watch online at parliamentlive.tv

Now we will see how much MPs care about this matter, as one man and his dog debate the issue... actually scrap the dog as David Blunkett is no longer an MP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here